Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

@ Work

Go down 
+2
ACRID"
boet
6 posters
AuthorMessage
boet
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
boet

@ Work Empty
PostSubject: @ Work   @ Work Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010, 6:45 am

thought everyone could post the link to their works' website ( if it has one ) so that we may learn more of those in other industries.

im in the process of upgrading , so dont hate, just appreciate.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

click on bullbar range, we quite proud of what we manufacture.

i help run the show with an old ballie an his son. and the factory workers of course. shit is pretty coll, wouldn mind a bit more cheddar at the end o the week, but hey its better than school/nothing.
Back to top Go down

@ Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Work   @ Work Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010, 10:31 am

I don't know sinj...your from africa... sending me a link to a website... I'm afraid my bank account will be drained by the time this is all done.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

@ Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Work   @ Work Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010, 3:28 pm

i see where your going Sinj.-but this is a little too informative for people to be posting on the internet....nothing against all the homies here...just not a good idea.......

Maybe you can ask everybody what they do..but i think we dabbled in that in another thread....
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

@ Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Work   @ Work Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010, 7:02 pm

You guys know my real name. Someone would probably email/call the place and talk shit. lol

I work at a print shop though. We mainly print books, direct mailers, business cards, brochures, pocket folders...normal shit...nothing overly fancy/complex really. We deal in volume. But the place is moderately large for a small printing company. They employ about 25 people.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

@ Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Work   @ Work Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010, 9:08 pm

"ou guys know my real name. Someone would probably email/call the place and talk shit. lol

I work at a print shop though. We mainly print books, direct mailers, business cards, brochures, pocket folders...normal shit...nothing overly fancy/complex really. We deal in volume. But the place is moderately large for a small printing company. They employ about 25 people."

Let's see if you know your stuff. How much for no frills 10 copies of a 500 page manuscript?

"I don't know sinj...your from africa... sending me a link to a website... I'm afraid my bank account will be drained by the time this is all done."
LOL!

Only worry if he says you're distant relatives and needs money for "CUSTOMS."
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

@ Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Work   @ Work Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010, 9:11 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
Let's see if you know your stuff. How much for no frills 10 copies of a 500 page manuscript?

Not a clue. I work in pre-press, not sales.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

@ Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Work   @ Work Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010, 9:29 pm

This is not the company i work for but we do all the contracts for CNRL in our area. So far they have been keeping us busy with about 120-140 hours every 2 weeks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

@ Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Work   @ Work Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010, 9:42 pm

120-140 hours every 2 weeks

That's terrible. I enjoy my time off and free weekends with my 80-100.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

@ Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Work   @ Work Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010, 9:46 pm

Alan wrote:

we normally work from 6am-5pm and charge 12 hours for it. so after 10 days of work i have 120 hours, we get most weekends off. But if they need extra people we can pick up more hours on the weekends. the thing that sucks is its all physical labour and its always outside no matter what the weather is like. I have not been on here much lately because we normally go out drinking 4-5 nights a week, but thats normal for the oil field. The best i ever did was 164 hours in 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

@ Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Work   @ Work Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010, 9:50 pm

Cory wrote:
Alan wrote:

we normally work from 6am-5pm and charge 12 hours for it. so after 10 days of work i have 120 hours, we get most weekends off. But if they need extra people we can pick up more hours on the weekends. the thing that sucks is its all physical labour and its always outside no matter what the weather is like. I have not been on here much lately because we normally go out drinking 4-5 nights a week, but thats normal for the oil field. The best i ever did was 164 hours in 2 weeks.

Yeah, I'd be hitting up the bar too....to get rid of the pain from 164 hours in 2 weeks. That's nearly 11.75 hours everyday including weekends for 2 weeks. All physical labor? I'd want to shoot myself in the head. More power to you though. lol
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

@ Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Work   @ Work Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010, 9:56 pm

The thing is the money is really good and its lots of hours at a time when lots of people are not working. And if you can do it for 10 years most people become spread bosses and all they do is sit in the truck watching the guys work and getting paid $32 an hour. I want to go back to the rigs, they start guys at $28 an hour but the problem is they work 1 months then sit for a month and its hard to move up. The welders we work with are paid $98 an hour.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

@ Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Work   @ Work Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010, 10:34 pm

"Not a clue. I work in pre-press, not sales."

What exactly is that?
Back to top Go down
boet
boet

@ Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Work   @ Work Icon_minitimeThu 25 Mar 2010, 9:58 am

Cory wrote:
The thing is the money is really good and its lots of hours at a time when lots of people are not working. And if you can do it for 10 years most people become spread bosses and all they do is sit in the truck watching the guys work and getting paid $32 an hour. I want to go back to the rigs, they start guys at $28 an hour but the problem is they work 1 months then sit for a month and its hard to move up. The welders we work with are paid $98 an hour.

props man, i respect anyone that works hard labour, shit is tough man. DAMN,,, $98 dollars to weld, we got some serious TIG - welders in our shop that only get paid R45 per hour, roughly $4 per hour.

lol,, i see what you guys are saying,, no stress, just im a whore when it comes to advertising so i try push our website onto everyone i know..

we really starting to turn the corner as far as business influx is concerned... so imma be shopping up in the hamptons one day boys!!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

@ Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Work   @ Work Icon_minitimeThu 25 Mar 2010, 7:27 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
"Not a clue. I work in pre-press, not sales."

What exactly is that?

Ah, the wonderful world of pre-press. I'm the one who sets up all the artwork to actually be printed on press. Making plates for pressman to run a 700 page book can be downright complicated, for instance. I'm the one that fixes all the files people send in to print. Most people are stupid and build books in Word. I make it all press-ready basically. Technical stuff. I'm nearly a vet at it now. Been in pre-press for nearly 10 years, and hopefully the rest of my life...as long as printed materials don't become a thing of the past with the digital age.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

@ Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Work   @ Work Icon_minitimeThu 25 Mar 2010, 8:27 pm

I build/repair/refurbish communication towers. It's a HUGE business in developing countries. My company has setups all over the world, and I'm an independent contractor, so I can pretty much go anywhere I want, when I want.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

@ Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Work   @ Work Icon_minitimeThu 25 Mar 2010, 11:38 pm

"Ah, the wonderful world of pre-press. I'm the one who sets up all the artwork to actually be printed on press. Making plates for pressman to run a 700 page book can be downright complicated, for instance. I'm the one that fixes all the files people send in to print. Most people are stupid and build books in Word. I make it all press-ready basically. Technical stuff. I'm nearly a vet at it now. Been in pre-press for nearly 10 years, and hopefully the rest of my life...as long as printed materials don't become a thing of the past with the digital age."

So what format would you prefer? Us will be writers would like to know.

"I build/repair/refurbish communication towers. It's a HUGE business in developing countries. My company has setups all over the world, and I'm an independent contractor, so I can pretty much go anywhere I want, when I want."

I bet you get loot like muthaphuka!
Back to top Go down

@ Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Work   @ Work Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010, 2:22 am

If I told you, then I'd have to kill you Razz . Anyway, that's TMI for me to discuss. The last thing I need is somebody calling my job and talking mess. I deal with enough of that in my job description.

I'm just sayin...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

@ Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Work   @ Work Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

@ Work
Page 1 of 1