Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question?

Go down 
+12
Wayne
TheHazardous
Jack of Spades
Alan
Laced With Slang
D.Powell
KJ Styles
Highsmith
Justin Linker
T. Myers
SyRuP Sippa
Tic706
16 posters

Yes or No
Yes
Question? Vote_lcap58%Question? Vote_rcap
 58% [ 7 ]
No
Question? Vote_lcap42%Question? Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2011, 3:08 pm

Is Snoop's version of Lodi Dodi better than the original?

Now seriously think about it. Put all favortism and pre-bias aside and truly listen to both. I know the given answer is Slick Rick so please give a reason of why you pick which ever one.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2011, 3:14 pm

I like it better...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2011, 3:16 pm

Hmm to be perfectly honest, Snoop's version is the one i listen to on a regualr basis. I've heard The OG, but i don't actually own it on cd. Doggystyle gets constant spins though. I guess i'll go with Snoops, but i've never thought about which one is better. Snoops version just seems like an extension of Rick's and they go hand in hand
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2011, 3:30 pm

I love Ricky D's version. But Snoop gave it a smoother feel. The beat was more fulfilled (obviously) and I think that helped its case.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2011, 4:12 pm

Snoop does the song justice and it's pretty good but I'll go with MC Ricky D.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2011, 4:38 pm

I agree with Highsmith, when I think of Lodi Dodi I think of MC Ricky D. Snoop's version is dope but it doesn't make anyone forget about Slick Rick the Ruler. My vote is for Ricky D and Doug E. Fresh.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2011, 4:45 pm

Highsmith wrote:
Snoop does the song justice and it's pretty good but I'll go with MC Ricky D.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2011, 5:00 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I agree with Highsmith, when I think of Lodi Dodi I think of MC Ricky D. Snoop's version is dope but it doesn't make anyone forget about Slick Rick the Ruler. My vote is for Ricky D and Doug E. Fresh.

Id' beg to differ. I'd bet money more people know the Snoop version than the Slick Rick version. Real Talk! I bet a lot of people who know the Snoop version don't even know the Slick Rick version exists...lol
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2011, 5:48 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Id' beg to differ. I'd bet money more people know the Snoop version than the Slick Rick version. Real Talk! I bet a lot of people who know the Snoop version don't even know the Slick Rick version exists...lol

Real talk! +1

I pretty much prefer the Snoop version also. Like Link said it helps it had an actual beat. So that puts it over the top for me. I honestly know the Snoop version better than Slick's. Slick was a genuis for that song no doubt. So much props to him.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2011, 6:03 pm

I like Slick's although i agree the beat is more fulfilled on Snoop's version. its just everytime i listen to Snoop's version i think of Rick's and that takes a lot away from Snoop's at least when i listen to it.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2011, 7:15 pm

I gotta say. I'm going with Snoop. Probably because it's one of my favorites from him.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2011, 7:23 pm

Slick Rick all the way. Snoop's version is dope though - he puts a gangsta twist on it which makes it original and very creative, but still, no one can spit that song the way Rick can.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2011, 8:45 pm

I prefer Snoop's version cause I bump it more.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2011, 9:43 pm

I've always liked Snoop's version better.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2011, 10:07 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Real talk! +1

I pretty much prefer the Snoop version also. Like Link said it helps it had an actual beat. So that puts it over the top for me. I honestly know the Snoop version better than Slick's. Slick was a genuis for that song no doubt. So much props to him.

You're both wrong. Slick Rick is FAR more known for that song than Snoop. Anybody that doesn't know that is a fucking idiot. I don't have a problem with someone liking Snoop's version better (even though I prefer Slick Rick's) but Snoop even shouts out Slick Rick in the song, so most intelligent hip-hop fans have done their homework.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2011, 10:44 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Real talk! +1

You're both wrong. Slick Rick is FAR more known for that song than Snoop. Anybody that doesn't know that is a fucking idiot. I don't have a problem with someone liking Snoop's version better (even though I prefer Slick Rick's) but Snoop even shouts out Slick Rick in the song, so most intelligent hip-hop fans have done their homework.

I don't think SRP was referring to "intelligent hip-hop fans" though. Seems like he meant people, in general. Snoop is more or less a household name...Slick Rick is not. In hip-circles, it's a different story.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2011, 11:03 pm

Myestro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Real talk! +1

I don't think SRP was referring to "intelligent hip-hop fans" though. Seems like he meant people, in general. Snoop is more or less a household name...Slick Rick is not. In hip-circles, it's a different story.

That's exactly what I meant.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeWed 20 Apr 2011, 11:15 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Myestro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Real talk! +1

I'm pickin up what you're puttin down. Eye does no how 2 reed!
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeThu 21 Apr 2011, 11:27 am

This may be relevant to this debate - I was actually introduced to Slick Rick through Snoop's version. Snoop's version is much more accessible than Ricky D's.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeThu 21 Apr 2011, 11:29 am

If I'm not mistaken, Slick Rick's version to this day is only available on vinyl. Snoop's is on his most sought after album.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeThu 21 Apr 2011, 12:23 pm

Snoops version is way more known.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeThu 21 Apr 2011, 1:10 pm

10:1 homeboy will not be able to understand...
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeThu 21 Apr 2011, 3:41 pm

Justin Linker wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, Slick Rick's version to this day is only available on vinyl. Snoop's is on his most sought after album.

I heard it first on an all 1985 compilation tape. I forget what it was called, but it also had The Show diss track where they called Rick gay.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeThu 21 Apr 2011, 8:42 pm

Those Profile samplers were the shit. I was in 4th grade boosting those huge plastic cases down the pantleg
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 5:20 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Myestro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Real talk! +1

Indeed. No average fool would guess Ricky did it before Snoop.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 5:21 pm

Alan wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Myestro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Real talk! +1

Indeed. No average fool would guess Ricky did it before Snoop.

Let's keep this quote going.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 5:22 pm

Justin Linker wrote:

I can't even believe the poll is this close to be honest. Snoop's version kinda blows it out of the water in this respect alone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question?
Page 1 of 1