Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)

Go down 
+7
parker lewis
Laced With Slang
Shaun
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Tic706
T. Myers
SyRuP Sippa
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2011, 9:05 pm

Just got mine. Kev is too busy listening to I'm Gay and other wack shit to prove "YOU DON'T KNOW ME!!!!" to give the real a listen.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2011, 9:07 pm

Better than Alien Baby or no?
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2011, 9:10 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Why no opinion on it yet? I got mine today so I'll offer something tomorrow.

Haven't listened to it yet. And i'm in no rush but its on deck.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2011, 10:23 am

My initial feeling is that this is more of a softer K-Rino. There's not quite as many as those agressive, confrontationa ltype of tracks, but i liked the albums quite a bit. Identity Theft was the standout track to me even if it is a bit Fringe-ish. Also, K doesn't need to sing on a track ever again. I'm not sure if it's actually betterthan Alien Baby, but it's definitely mixed and mastered better than Alien Baby.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2011, 12:37 pm

T. Myers wrote:
My initial feeling is that this is more of a softer K-Rino. There's not quite as many as those agressive, confrontationa ltype of tracks, but i liked the albums quite a bit. Identity Theft was the standout track to me even if it is a bit Fringe-ish. Also, K doesn't need to sing on a track ever again. I'm not sure if it's actually betterthan Alien Baby, but it's definitely mixed and mastered better than Alien Baby.

I heard that one. And I 100% agree.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2011, 8:11 pm

lol... I actually don't mind Try... definitely would have been better as a rap, but K actually hit some notes there and he's sung hooks on songs before... dig it no less than the new Lil Wayne song...

Overall this album is fucking dope as usual after two spins. Nothing to complain about. I like it cuz K is on a more spiritual tip this time around with a lot of songs about life which I dig a lot from him.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2011, 9:18 pm

The new Lil Wayne song is garbage beyond garbage IMO. I've spun this about 2 more times since this morning. Lunquist's 3.75 rating seems low to me.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2011, 9:38 pm

3.75 seems real low to me too... take away Try and I don't see any songs anyone would want to skip.

And I don't mind the lil wayne joint... sappy bullshit... and would sound 1000x better if a real singer did it.

The K-Rino joint would actually be a good R&B song if done by a singer.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2011, 11:35 pm

I just looked at amazon. Does it really take 4 to 5 weeks for the Vakill to ship?
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2011, 11:40 pm

That after my 1st spin. I prob got it at 4-4.25 now. The religious and end times tracks are negatives to me...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011, 8:21 am

Highsmith wrote:
I just looked at amazon. Does it really take 4 to 5 weeks for the Vakill to ship?

It all depends on when they get it in stock. You could always order from Molemen.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011, 10:25 am

I think 4.0-4.25 is probably accurate. Is there something wrong with those religious and end times tracks, or is it just a problem for you thematically?
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011, 11:10 am

The tracks are fine. It's more a thematic thing, but even then I don't mind some tracks like this, but the ones on here come off a little more preachy to me than some of his older ones; which bothers me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011, 12:39 pm

You need jesus in your life.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011, 12:42 pm

I finally listened to this and off one listen I may like it better than Alien Baby. But I always feel that way after hearing his new albums and comparing it to the previous one. Since most of them are pretty much on the same level. 4.0-4.25 seems like a real fair rating to start with.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011, 12:46 pm

Yeah, i just listened to Alien Baby again today, and I do think The Day Of The Storm holds up as a better album. Alien Baby has more skip tracks
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011, 12:52 pm

K-Rino has never made a skip track.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011, 5:13 pm

lol. I actually haven't ordered this yet, but I'm going to today. Also going to bump Alien Baby today
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011, 6:02 pm

this thread should have been cut off about 10 posts ago and moved to the Review section...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 5:16 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
this thread should have been cut off about 10 posts ago and moved to the Review section...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 6:24 pm

I'm not feeling too good about this album. I'll give it another go before I come to any conclusions about it though, maybe it's a "grower".
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 10:08 pm

You're a grower for Dalek. This album is dope, and I haven't even taken the plastic off, bitch!
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 10:10 pm

Shaun wrote:
You're a grower for Dalek. This album is dope, and I haven't even taken the plastic off, bitch!

Hahahahaha.

Speaking of dalek, iconAclass - For The Ones coming out this year!!!! someday...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)   K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

K-Rino - The Day Of The Storm (PRE ORDER NOW!)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2