Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Artist Albums Versus Day 4

Go down 
+2
Half
Laced With Slang
6 posters

which do you prefer and why?
Season of Da Siccness
Artist Albums Versus Day 4 Vote_lcap80%Artist Albums Versus Day 4 Vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
Loaded
Artist Albums Versus Day 4 Vote_lcap20%Artist Albums Versus Day 4 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Artist Albums Versus Day 4 Empty
PostSubject: Artist Albums Versus Day 4   Artist Albums Versus Day 4 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Jul 2011, 7:53 pm

Season of Da Siccness vs. Loaded

Here's another matuchp some may think is lopsided at first glance (like the UGK one) but ive heard many that believe Loaded is BLH's finest work from an artist's perspective. If Season of Da Siccness shocked your conscience, Loaded will take you on an acid trip. BLH went from booming but funky synths on Season with a dark feeling and his trademark horrorcore/cannibalistic raps to the very very dark, slowed down trippy beats on Loaded with more "traditional" gangsta lyrics still keeping the BLH flavor in them. Loaded also has very long songs but Lynch's fast-paced flow is legendary on all the tracks and you can tell he put tons of work into creating the album. It keeps a unique feeling throughout. 2 Classics going head to head, which will prevail?

Artist Albums Versus Day 4 220px-Season_of_da_Siccness_-_Brotha_Lynch_Hung

vs.

Artist Albums Versus Day 4 220px-Loaded_BLH
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Artist Albums Versus Day 4   Artist Albums Versus Day 4 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Jul 2011, 7:55 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

Here's another matuchp some may think is lopsided at first glance (like the UGK one) but ive heard many that believe Loaded is BLH's finest work from an artist's perspective. If Season of Da Siccness shocked your conscience, Loaded will take you on an acid trip. BLH went from booming but funky synths on Season with a dark feeling and his trademark horrorcore/cannibalistic raps to the very very dark, slowed down trippy beats on Loaded with more "traditional" gangsta lyrics still keeping the BLH flavor in them. Loaded also has very long songs but Lynch's fast-paced flow is legendary on all the tracks and you can tell he put tons of work into creating the album. It keeps a unique feeling throughout. 2 Classics going head to head, which will prevail?

vs.

I haven't heard Loaded but your description of it makes me want to hear it right now...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Artist Albums Versus Day 4   Artist Albums Versus Day 4 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Jul 2011, 7:56 pm

Half wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

vs.

I haven't heard Loaded but your description of it makes me want to hear it right now...

buy it asap. it may take you some time though, just saying
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Artist Albums Versus Day 4   Artist Albums Versus Day 4 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 4:51 pm

has nobody heard Loaded?? smh
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Artist Albums Versus Day 4   Artist Albums Versus Day 4 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 4:53 pm

Man I still haven't heard either...lol. I keep sleeping but i'll get on it this weekend. I hope my more mature mind state can tolerate it though.

Last edited by TicNitty706 on Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Artist Albums Versus Day 4   Artist Albums Versus Day 4 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 4:53 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

Hey man if you link me up I'll give you my opinion, I can't buy everything right away. I have heard Season.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Artist Albums Versus Day 4   Artist Albums Versus Day 4 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 5:01 pm

Season
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Artist Albums Versus Day 4   Artist Albums Versus Day 4 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 5:03 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

Hahaha, the very sad fact of the matter is that I have Loaded, but not Season. Haven't heard the whole thing in full in a long ass time.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Artist Albums Versus Day 4   Artist Albums Versus Day 4 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 5:18 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

I own both on cd plus his 2 Strange releases, and i have a burned copy of 24 Deep. That's all i've heard though.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Artist Albums Versus Day 4   Artist Albums Versus Day 4 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 5:41 pm

Season Of The Sicness wins this one by default for me. I do plan on getting Loaded, but SOTS has cracked my Top 100 albums of all time.

Also, from what I hear Loaded is not as good as Dinner and A Movie or Coathangastrangla. I like those two albums too, but not as much as SOTS so it wins.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Artist Albums Versus Day 4   Artist Albums Versus Day 4 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 7:00 pm

I've only listened to Loaded once (just finished it up) but I might like it more than Season actually. Extremely minimal, and the middle of the album was a bit weak, but I think the overall product is tad better than Season. Completely different album if you ask me. Much less horrorcore in the lyrics...way more marijuana consumption. I also appreciate First Degree the D.E.'s unique contributions to the album, he made the tracks he was on weirder in a good way. Of course Ice T, Kokane, and E-40 did their thing. I'll throw a vote to Loaded although I'll have to listen to it again before rating it.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Artist Albums Versus Day 4   Artist Albums Versus Day 4 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 8:11 pm

Loaded >>> Dinner and a Movie & Coathangastrangla
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Artist Albums Versus Day 4   Artist Albums Versus Day 4 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 8:11 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

I own both on cd plus his 2 Strange releases, and i have a burned copy of 24 Deep. That's all i've heard though.

the next thing you need is the "bunny Deep" album with Sicx
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Artist Albums Versus Day 4   Artist Albums Versus Day 4 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 8:57 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

the next thing you need is the "bunny Deep" album with Sicx

I guess I need 24 Deep next?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Artist Albums Versus Day 4   Artist Albums Versus Day 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011, 12:43 am

^ you need 24 Deep and Bunny Deep (those are two diff albums btw)

anyway i never mentioned my vote in this thread...

Im goiing with Season of Da Siccness but this is so damn close. Season has all the nostalgia with me and its just Lynch going off with a wild sicc style no one has ever done before. Loaded is an extremely smoked out album and listening to that shit is one hell of an experience...very dark and deep bass heavy album and First Degree makes the atmosphere even better. That said, Loaded to me is Lynch at his artistic peak, but the rawness and literally conscience-shocking lyrics on Season mixed with some of the most funk filled dark beats ive ever heard will always keep that album in or around my top 10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artist Albums Versus Day 4   Artist Albums Versus Day 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artist Albums Versus Day 4
Page 1 of 1