Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paul to the Lakers

Go down 
+8
KJ Styles
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
D.Powell
Funk Seoul Brother
thelundquist
SyRuP Sippa
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 8:12 pm

wow
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 8:20 pm

Yep
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 8:34 pm

yep... that should make them a factor... though bynum is not the player they think he is so we'll see...
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 9:49 pm

fuck daryl morey & fuck pau gasol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 10:03 pm

As the pissed off Kings fan...I have even more reason to be sour. Talk about the rich getting richer. This league is turning into an arms race. Competition is dead.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 10:11 pm

Yeah, it's such complete bullshit... they bitch about teams losing money and then allow them to do shit like this
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 10:21 pm

This marks the beginning of the death of small market teams. We just can't compete with the big dogs in any way shape or form. The league, assuming this deal goes through along with whatever deal D12 is involved with, will become a 3-4 horse race. I love basketball but I don't love what the league is turning into.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 10:47 pm

Yeah, it's becoming an arms race. And the Mavs who are trying to throw money with the big dogs probably won't be able to keep up either.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 11:06 pm

Now the trade is on hold since the NBA technically owns the Hornets, and the other owners do not want this to happen.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 11:15 pm

I heard it's cancelled.... I don't get how the lakers can afford to do this... not sure what the new CBA is but I thought the whole point was to add parity to the league.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 11:18 pm

Justice has been served. Well done owners.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 11:29 pm

Chandler is probably on the way to the NYC.....I hope this one goes through...we desperately need a big man....
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 11:35 pm

Yeah, NYC is going to be tough with Amare, Chandler, and Melo.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 11:42 pm

You call this Justice? The Hornets get 66 more games from CP3 and that's it but they lose Odom, Martin, and two first round picks. The small market saves face now only to get fucked in the future. Either way the big market teams will get richer eventually.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 11:58 pm

Don't mind me. Just a friendly Laker hater. Take what I say with a grain of salt.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 12:01 am

No, i get the frustration. The small markets are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 12:28 am

4 hours later, wow
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 4:08 am

The NBA is a joke. This deal should not be vetoed, other NBA teams and even the Hornets themselves got permission from wack ass Stern about being able to trade with NO.

This was a great trade for the Hornets, but now they might lose CP3 for nothing....Dan Gilbert is a big time sucka. Fuck that money whoring mofo.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 4:33 am

Dan Gilbert explained it best:

Commissioner,

It would be a travesty to allow the Lakers to acquire Chris Paul in the apparent trade being discussed.

This trade should go to a vote of the 29 owners of the Hornets.

Over the next three seasons this deal would save the Lakers approximately $20 million in salaries and approximately $21 million in luxury taxes. That $21 million goes to non-taxpaying teams and to fund revenue sharing.

I cannot remember ever seeing a trade where a team got by far the best player in the trade and saved over $40 million in the process. And it doesn’t appear that they would give up any draft picks, which might allow to later make a trade for Dwight Howard. (They would also get a large trade exception that would help them improve their team and/or eventually trade for Howard.) When the Lakers got Pau Gasol (at the time considered an extremely lopsided trade) they took on tens of millions in additional salary and luxury tax and they gave up a number of prospects (one in Marc Gasol who may become a max-salary player).

I just don’t see how we can allow this trade to happen.

I know the vast majority of owners feel the same way that I do.

When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 9:30 am

Dan Gilbert is an idiot. What he fails to mention is that the Lakers are also giving up the most in the trade. If you give up more, you should expect more in return, right? This trade is what's in the best interest for the Hornets, but Gilbert is more concerned with the Lakers.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 11:54 am

I agree with Myers 100 percent. Fuck a Gilbert, fuck a Stern.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 11:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This sounds about right.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 12:38 pm

It's not about what they are giving up.... they are getting the best player in the league and shedding salary/luxury tax and the Hornets are taking on a ton of salary... it's not the type of move a league owned small market team should be making.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 2:10 pm

I'm pissed, because I believe that the players union will end up winning the lawsuit which will allow the trade to go down. I really wanted CP3 to come to the Knicks. After all, he flat out said that he wanted to be a Knick.

On the other hand, I actually feel that this trade makes the Lakers weaker UNLESS they end up getting Dwight Howard along with CP3. I honestly don't see them getting CP3 and Howard though, because if the CP3 trade happens, they will have given up Gasol and Odom, which would leave Bynum as the only guy remaining on the team with any trade value, and Orlando will want more than Bynum for Howard. I don't think they have any interest in Meta World Peace, so they'll be assed out.

Another potential bad situation would be if Howard goes to the Brooklyn Nets for Brook Lopez and 2 first round draft picks. While the Knicks would still be a better team on paper, the Nets would be HOT if those draft picks end up being beasts and they keep Deron Williams.

In any event, this is gonna be a LONG season despite being 16 games shorter than usual.

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 2:11 pm

Of course the salaries are not gonna even out. The Lakers gave up two all stars(Odom is borderline), and they only got one in return. Had they made the trade and kept Odom out of it, people would be bitching because they didn't give up enough. There is no way for the Lakers to win with the small market owners. I know the Hornets took on more salary, but that was not even mentioned in Gilbert's e-mail. It appears it wasn't even a concern for him. Everything mentioned in there was him whining about the Lakers, and them potentially getting Howard.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 2:16 pm

Yeah Gilbert's message just sounds like a dude who knows his team will end up having more losses than wins again this season, and is frustrated. Kyrie Irving ain't shit
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 3:19 pm

Half wrote:
Yeah Gilbert's message just sounds like a dude who knows his team will end up having more losses than wins again this season, and is frustrated. Kyrie Irving ain't shit

I disagree, Kyrie Irving will be a great talent. He ain't Lebron, but I think he'll help the Cavs and I don't see them being the worst team next year. They won't make the playoffs, but I think they'll improve.

That said, Gilbert's a bitch and he needs to shut the fuck up.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 3:34 pm

Gilbert's a bitch, Stern is a bitch, Pau Gasol is a bitch. That's my take.

And if anyone got screwed in this 'trade', it was the Rockets
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 4:48 pm

FUCK EVERYBODY
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 5:04 pm

Sad

Such a cyber bully Powell.

Laughing My Ass Off
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 5:10 pm

lol @ Powell
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 5:12 pm

the rockets need to bring back Olajuwon
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 12:21 pm

Chauncey Billups is out....Mike Bibby and Tyson Chandler are in....I'll take that exchange all day everyday....

PG-Bibby
SG-Fields
SF-Carmelo
PF-Amar'e
C-Chandler

Let's GO KNICKS!
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 2:51 pm

Chandler is a beast. But don't get overly excited about bibby.. he ain't shit...

Odom to the mavs... not sure how I feel about that... but with Chandler gone we do need a big goon like him around.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 3:08 pm

SyRuP Sippa wrote:
Chandler is a beast. But don't get overly excited about bibby.. he ain't shit...

Odom to the mavs... not sure how I feel about that... but with Chandler gone we do need a big goon like him around.

Bibby is serviceable...he can hit the three and throw a bunch of assists to the BIG 3 inside...so he'll do just fine....
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 3:09 pm

I'm not a fan of Bibby as a starter, but with that lineup, it's hard to go wrong
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 3:20 pm

Mike Bibby????

Lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 3:21 pm

Common Scholars wrote:
Mike Bibby????

Lol lol lol lol

The Atlanta Hawks.... Laughing My Ass Off Laughing My Ass Off Laughing My Ass Off
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 3:48 pm

Mike Bibby couldn't do shit with Bosh, James, and Wade - how you think he's going to somehow be better with a lesser trio I don't know.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 3:54 pm

SyRuP Sippa wrote:
Mike Bibby couldn't do shit with Bosh, James, and Wade - how you think he's going to somehow be better with a lesser trio I don't know.

he came there in the middle of the year...actually he was a late season pickup....you dudes act like Bibby is fuckin' Tony Homo or something....even though we are having a shorter training camp Bibby will be there from the beginning and that will help towards chemistry...

as far as these Knicks being a "lesser" trio well we shall see about that....'Bron is a great player who wilts in the 4th quarter...Wade has a ring.....Bosh has never won anything since being the league....Chandler has a ring......'Melo is a scoring fool.....Amar'e is better than Bosh IN MY OPINION....so that point about a "lesser" three will have to be proven mayne......thats why they play the games!
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 4:02 pm

you compare the best player in the trio, amare, to the worst player in the other trio...lmao... melo, amare, and chandler are not as good as wade or bron... all three are better than bosh though...

And that's a weak excuse for bibby... bibby sucks now... he shouldn't be starting on an nba team anymore. simple as that.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 4:06 pm

maybe Bibby shouldn't be starting but that remains to be seen.....Toney Douglas maybe getting more work than expected.....the Knicks are going to have to find a way to win with average to below average backcourt play which is going to be a challenge but if D'Antoni wants to keep his job then it has to happen.....LET'S GO KNICKS!
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 4:09 pm

Yeah, I think the Knicks will be a contender and Amare and Chandler will have to be THE defense for that team.. especially with the way D'Antoni coaches. I like their team for the first time in years.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 4:12 pm

I'm a big fan of Douglas. He should be the starter IMO
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 4:25 pm

You can't really compare NYK's big 3 to Miami's... Bibby didn't have any sort of an inside game in South Beach, and two of the 3 in New York are big guys who can create in the post. I agree with Powell that he will be serviceable, but I can't see him getting more than 25-30 minutes a game
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 4:52 pm

The Knicks paid WAYYYYYYY too much money for Tyson Chandler. I like him, but they should have held out for Chris Paul since they still had an opportunity to get him. Now that they paid Chandler all that money, they can't get Paul and now the backcourt sucks ass.

I like Landry Fields but he's not a star, he's just a decent player. I'm not crazy about Tony Douglas, and Mike Bibby is washed up. I would have kept Chauncey Billups and used him as bait to get Chris Paul. That would have made us a legit title contender.

Chandler is dope. With him, Melo, and Amare the Knicks arguably have the best frontcourt in the league, but they also have one of the worst backcourts and that's not going to win you a championship. They don't have any more money to spend and don't have the pieces to put together in a trade for another marquee player. Even worse, Dwight Howard will end up going to either the Lakers or Nets which are two teams I hate.

Bibby is a one dimensional player who's one dimension (his jumpshot) isn't even consistent anymore. The Knicks will likely be the 4th best team in the Eastern Conference, maybe 3rd at best. That's not bad, but they could have done a lot better. This makes me wish we still had Donnie Walsh. He would have held out for CP3.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 5:25 pm

With Melo and Amare I don't think they could afford CP3 either way which is why they went after Chandler instead.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 7:19 pm

SyRuP Sippa wrote:
With Melo and Amare I don't think they could afford CP3 either way which is why they went after Chandler instead.

Sure they could have. They could have traded Billups and a couple other cats or draft picks for him.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 8:26 pm

The Knicks made the right move getting Chandler....a productive big man is much harder to find then a productive guard....they shored up the frontcourt first....all they need now is a serviceable point guard to get them through...maybe someone like Devin Harris...there's more than a few serviceable guards out there....smart move by the Knicks getting Chandler....that big man is going to be needed in the east....he could put 'em over the top in the eastern conference...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitimeSun 11 Dec 2011, 9:43 pm

Chandler isntatnly gives the Knicks prob the best frontcourt in the league.

The Bibby signing i just dont undersstand at all. I dont see why they didnt just sign Baron Davis. Sure he isnt a high percentage shooter but he is still one of the best PASSERS in the NBA and seems to only be motivated when hes playing for a team with a chance to win (the Knicks do) and playing in an uptempo system (also Knicks do). Plus Baron is a playmaking point guard and is big enough to D up and have an impact on D. Bibby is essentially a spot up shooter now and doesnt have the vision Davis does to helm the Point in a D'antoni offense.

I do hear the Knicks are going to go after Jamal Crawford though which would be great for their backcourt depth but id love to see me a backcourt of Baron/Jamal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paul to the Lakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul to the Lakers   Paul to the Lakers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paul to the Lakers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next