Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)

Go down 
+4
Shaun
Alan
Xcel
T. Myers
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Best Album Of 2008
Blood Doctrine
Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Vote_lcap60%Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Vote_rcap
 60% [ 12 ]
Rising Down
Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Vote_lcap40%Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Vote_rcap
 40% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage

Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Empty
PostSubject: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 3:13 pm

K-Rino and Roots got the majority votes for the best now time for head to head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 3:25 pm

We should do that ghetto shit Dang Trotter did - with the amazon year end tropy...lol.... and send Rino his award.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 3:27 pm

Blood Doctrine by a good margin to me. This wasn't The Roots best effort, but still at least 4-4.5 stars. K-Rino is 4.5-5.0 stars
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 3:40 pm

i am certain there are fake accounts on here who log on only to vote...linker, if you could confirm this by looking at accounts that have never posted but who have votes, I think we would see people are skewing the votes. cuz rising down had 2 now a week later with no discussion it has 6. fucking bs.
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 3:44 pm

K-Rino for me...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 3:50 pm

K Rino...
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 4:14 pm

What? How did The Roots even come remotely close to having the best album of 2008?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 4:18 pm

i know alan - like i said fake accounts on here. no one talked about that roots albums at all, now it's #2 all year? fuckin bs.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 4:26 pm

Steve wrote:
i know alan - like i said fake accounts on here. no one talked about that roots albums at all, now it's #2 all year? fuckin bs.

Is it fake accounts or just people screwing off? Like how did ICP get like 3 top 50 votes or something...lol.

But yeah. The Roots album is good, but it's not nearly one of their best. And who ever gave this album 5 stars? I never heard anyone praise it that much.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 4:42 pm

I think Jason (?) was saying that this is his AOTY, but that's the only one.

I vote for K-Rino, obviously
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 5:05 pm

Now they're up to four somehow...

Think about it, Powell, KJ, and Jason, that's three...
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 5:05 pm

I voted for the Renaissance in the other thread, not Rising Down. But, I would put Rising Down right behind the Renaissance, and I think it's the Roots' third or fourth best album. So, I did vote Rising Down in this poll.

I put it easily over Blood Doctrine, which, as absurd as I know it sounds to some of you, wouldn't even make my top 20 albums of 2008. It's yet another K-Rino album that, to me, is interesting concepts and some skill with words, ruined by bad production, weak flow, flawed songwriting and monotone delivery.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 5:29 pm

I voted for The Roots as well...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 5:42 pm

Jason wrote:
I voted for the Renaissance in the other thread, not Rising Down. But, I would put Rising Down right behind the Renaissance, and I think it's the Roots' third or fourth best album. So, I did vote Rising Down in this poll.

I put it easily over Blood Doctrine, which, as absurd as I know it sounds to some of you, wouldn't even make my top 20 albums of 2008. It's yet another K-Rino album that, to me, is interesting concepts and some skill with words, ruined by bad production, weak flow, flawed songwriting and monotone delivery.

Yeah, I can see that. Both albums have different vibes and all-around sounds. So it's only right you'd feel more strongly about the other. I on the other hand like the K-Rino a good margin more. But there's nothing weak about K-Rino's flow...lol. Unless you mean flow of the album from track to track. Then I say K-Rino still kills The Roots because I felt that album was pretty scattershot in that respect.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 5:46 pm

Kopasetick wrote:

But would you give it 5 stars? Not saying that's a point of making one better. I'm just curious to see if there's anyone that thinks it's 5 stars. Or if Kev (?) picked some of the lesser popular albums of the year to vote for in the initial poll. lol
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 6:25 pm

Alan wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:

But would you give it 5 stars? Not saying that's a point of making one better. I'm just curious to see if there's anyone that thinks it's 5 stars. Or if Kev (?) picked some of the lesser popular albums of the year to vote for in the initial poll. lol

5 Stars? In my book, no. Neither album is from what I can tell. I do like them both, but I like the rappers/emcees in the Roots better and I felt like the production was more varied.

Just my take, though. I'm not knockin' anyone else's pick...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 6:31 pm

NORF THINKS MALIK B IS A BETTER RAPPER THAN BLACK THOUGHT

[16:50:41] @ Kopasetick : I like Malik B more than Black Thought lol
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 6:32 pm

why are the roots here the fuck? def not AOTY material
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 6:33 pm

Alan wrote:
Jason wrote:

Yeah, I can see that. Both albums have different vibes and all-around sounds. So it's only right you'd feel more strongly about the other. I on the other hand like the K-Rino a good margin more. But there's nothing weak about K-Rino's flow...lol. Unless you mean flow of the album from track to track. Then I say K-Rino still kills The Roots because I felt that album was pretty scattershot in that respect.

I mean K-Rino's flow, not the flow the album.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 6:58 pm

Jason wrote:
Alan wrote:
Jason wrote:

I mean K-Rino's flow, not the flow the album.

Well, then I disagree entirely...lol. Because K-Rino's strongest point is his excellent flow and lyricism IMO.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 6:59 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Alan wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:

5 Stars? In my book, no. Neither album is from what I can tell. I do like them both, but I like the rappers/emcees in the Roots better and I felt like the production was more varied.

Just my take, though. I'm not knockin' anyone else's pick...

I don't feel K-Rino's is 5 stars either. But I'd give it 4.5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 7:18 pm

K Rino cant rap, i just his music boring though. I liked the vibe of the roots album more, lyrics not as good but more enjoyable and more replay for me. i dont think either are close to aoty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 7:18 pm

this is the gayest forum ever, only on here would blood doctrine and rising down be the 2 best albums, smdd.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 7:31 pm

^ lol agreed nowhere else would this matchup ever occur
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 7:39 pm

Yeah Blood Doctrine has no business imo as Album Of The Year, I like Triple Darkness Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 just as much and they get no luv. There are a few more betta albums to me but I am glad to see K Rino get some much deserved respect..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 7:39 pm

^OK, mr. dopium and chamber music are aoty...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 7:44 pm

i can see blood doctrine in the discussion, since it is arguably k-rinos best album and best produced, and is light years ahead of rising down in terms of relative discog, but rising down is one of, if not the worst roots album, and nobody gave a fuck about it all year on amazon...until now. i dont think k-rino is top 5. maybe top 10 id have to look at them all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 7:46 pm

Oh yeah Blood Doc belongs in the nomination hands down and I agree with y'all that no one was praising that Roots album last year now all of a sudden it's top class. I like the album and it deserves a nod but no number one pick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 7:48 pm

I picked the Renaissance as the AOTY, but I prefer Rising Down over Blood Doctrine.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 12:01 am

I think Rino is the best of these two albums. I just couldn't get into Rising Down.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 4:08 pm

Steve wrote:
rising down is one of, if not the worst roots album, and nobody gave a fuck about it all year on amazon...until now.

Honestly, it is my least favorite Roots album. I'd take every on of their albums over it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 4:17 pm

Alan wrote:
Steve wrote:
rising down is one of, if not the worst roots album, and nobody gave a fuck about it all year on amazon...until now.

Honestly, it is my least favorite Roots album. I'd take every on of their albums over it.

When i heard the song Rising Down with Mos Def i was like god damn this is going to be a dope album. Ran out and got it and never really played it again. And now im voting for it in AOTY, but i still thinks its better then KRinos album so i had to pick it.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 4:21 pm

Cory wrote:
Alan wrote:
Steve wrote:

When i heard the song Rising Down with Mos Def i was like god damn this is going to be a dope album. Ran out and got it and never really played it again. And now im voting for it in AOTY, but i still thinks its better then KRinos album so i had to pick it.

You also just said "K Rino cant rap". So...

lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 4:30 pm

Alan wrote:
Cory wrote:
Alan wrote:
Steve wrote:

lol

K Rino cant rap, his voice sucks. Hes got lyrics but i hate his flow.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 4:39 pm

Cory wrote:
Alan wrote:
Cory wrote:
Alan wrote:
Steve wrote:

lol

Just because you hate his flow and voice doesn't mean he can't rap....lol. It means you don't like him. Don't discredit your own opinion by saying he can't rap. You do realize the reason so many cats like him is because of his excellent rapping? It certainly isn't because he has an all-star producer ripping up his tracks with classic production.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 4:40 pm

Alan wrote:
Cory wrote:
Alan wrote:
Cory wrote:
Alan wrote:
Steve wrote:

lol

Just because you hate his flow and voice doesn't mean he can't rap....lol. It means you don't like him. Don't discredit your own opinion by saying he can't rap. You do realize the reason so many cats like him is because of his excellent rapping? It certainly isn't because he has an all-star producer ripping up his tracks with classic production.

he can emcee and spit lyrics, he cant rap. to me rap is your flow and voice which i dislike
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 4:45 pm

Cory wrote:
Alan wrote:
Cory wrote:
Alan wrote:
Cory wrote:
Alan wrote:
Steve wrote:

lol

he can emcee and spit lyrics, he cant rap. to me rap is your flow and voice which i dislike

LOL - you got a weird way of looking at things. So he has lyrics, can spit lyrics, and he can emcee. But he can't rap. Confusing stuff man...lol. IMO, K-Rino has a state-of-the-art flow and rhyme style. He can flow like very very few IMO with a very unique cadence. The man was born to flow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 5:05 pm

Alan wrote:
Cory wrote:
Alan wrote:
Cory wrote:
Alan wrote:
Cory wrote:
Alan wrote:
Steve wrote:

lol

LOL - you got a weird way of looking at things. So he has lyrics, can spit lyrics, and he can emcee. But he can't rap. Confusing stuff man...lol. IMO, K-Rino has a state-of-the-art flow and rhyme style. He can flow like very very few IMO with a very unique cadence. The man was born to flow.

well like i said a rapper is someone with the voice and style like for example game is a rapper, but an emcee is someone who is technically good on the mic with words. Most of the legends where the best of both worlds
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 5:08 pm

There are some weird distinctions going on here, but I can agree that I don't like K-Rino's flow at all. His flow sounds basically anti-musical, his phrasing is really jumbled and awkward, and his cadence is lifeless. So, he can deliver his lyrics, in a way that's steady and understandable, but it just doesn't sound good. Maybe that's where you emcee/rapper distinction comes in.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 5:44 pm

I like KRino a lot, myself. But, I am not surprised at the criticism. He does come off a little choppy most of the time. That's just not that heavy of a factor, to me. Comparing him to Black Thought, I'm sure you can see where they're coming from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 1:05 am

Alan wrote:
Steve wrote:

I have Rising Down at 4.25 stars. It's better than The Tipping Point and Phrenology.

And even on his WORST day, Black Thought is a better MC than K-Rino. Rino is lyrical, but his flow isn't very tight and his voice is irritating as hell IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 1:45 am

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
Steve wrote:

I have Rising Down at 4.25 stars. It's better than The Tipping Point and Phrenology.

And even on his WORST day, Black Thought is a better MC than K-Rino. Rino is lyrical, but his flow isn't very tight and his voice is irritating as hell IMO.

exactly, finally someone knows that they are talking about
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 2:14 am

Haha. Cory gave Kool John props
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 2:18 am

Well seems the K-Rino fans outweigh all the stank ass haters...

I feel sorry for those who can't appreciate the dopeness of K-Rino and have hate in their heart. I lose all respect for the following people's musical taste:

NONE.

I never respected the followings musical taste:

Steve - hates everything except random ass shit
Slang - Wu-Groupie
Cory - angry little canadian who always falls back on his "golden age" love and knowledge
Jason - idiot who only likes abstract crap
Kid Joe - idiot who got molestered
KJ Styles - Thinks Lupe has flow compared to Rino? That speaks for itself
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 2:31 am

SRP, Parker was giving K-Rino props, stupid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 8:53 am

i was too shon, srp must have woken up on the wrong side of the taco
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 10:59 am

Shon wrote:
NORF THINKS MALIK B IS A BETTER RAPPER THAN BLACK THOUGHT

[16:50:41] @ Kopasetick : I like Malik B more than Black Thought lol

lol...

Okay, and?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 11:02 am

after thinking about this i voted Blood Doctrine, even though i recently heard it maybe less than 2 weeks ago i spun that and the Roots album yesterday and BD is definitely a doper album. Rising Down was a average effort from the Roots so i voted for BD.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 11:07 am

KRob86 wrote:
Oh yeah Blood Doc belongs in the nomination hands down and I agree with y'all that no one was praising that Roots album last year now all of a sudden it's top class.

lol...who called it top class?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 11:08 am

6 people called it the best album of the year, norm. its gonna win overall album of the year on here, or come in 2nd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)   Album Of The Year 2008(Finals) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Album Of The Year 2008(Finals)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next