Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)

Go down 
+11
SyRuP Sippa
T. Myers
Highsmith
Dang! Trotter
Wayne
gametheory91
Tic706
parker lewis
J. Harris
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
thelundquist
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2012, 7:39 pm

hip-hop is winning? not pop? smh.

like the album, whatever. say you love it. but to be delusional about it? smh.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2012, 7:44 pm

i think the album is pretty good, but I haven't even been able to fully digest the concept because some songs i skip after 30 seconds cuz i dont like them. Thats a problem. I still need to give it a better listen
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2012, 7:46 pm

SteveT wrote:
hip-hop is winning? not pop? smh.

like the album, whatever. say you love it. but to be delusional about it? smh.

How is it pop? I don't understand. You like Lupe but not K.Dot. Trotter hates it (without hearing it) because it had hype. This is a W for hip-hop a true artist and student of the game is doing well for the genre and y'all just want to shit on him? smh
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2012, 7:54 pm

thelundquist wrote:
Dang! Trotter wrote:
Anybody who bought this album and not Chino's Ricanstruction is a pop-bopper dickrider.

Canibus is right, hip hop always loses.

That's bullshit. I bought both, so that doesn't apply to me, but still this K.Dot album is not one iota pop. Don't listen to it if you don't want but why continue to deride it for no reason? With this album Hip-hop is WINNING! A concept album from a legitimate lyricist is moving units in the mainstream and being nearly universally praised by critics. How is that not a win?

C'mon Reakwon's OB4BL was a concept album released by a major, Nas's bunny album was a concept album released by a major. Stop saying K.Dot is the only one doing this. And Kanye West release concept albums all the time. This album is getting to much shine. From what I heard Im not impressed. But hip hop losses cause a rapper needs the allmighty hype machine to win. Most people screaming GKMC is the best album this year or a classic haven't heard 5 albums this year. And who cares if a deep rapper makes a major label release-woopty-doo. Hiphop is wide open now.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2012, 8:01 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
thelundquist wrote:
Dang! Trotter wrote:
Anybody who bought this album and not Chino's Ricanstruction is a pop-bopper dickrider.

That's bullshit. I bought both, so that doesn't apply to me, but still this K.Dot album is not one iota pop. Don't listen to it if you don't want but why continue to deride it for no reason? With this album Hip-hop is WINNING! A concept album from a legitimate lyricist is moving units in the mainstream and being nearly universally praised by critics. How is that not a win?

C'mon Reakwon's OB4BL was a concept album released by a major, Nas's bunny album was a concept album released by a major. Stop saying K.Dot is the only one doing this. And Kanye West release concept albums all the time. This album is getting to much shine. From what I heard Im not impressed. But hip hop losses cause a rapper needs the allmighty hype machine to win. Most people screaming GKMC is the best album this year or a classic haven't heard 5 albums this year. And who cares if a deep rapper makes a major label release-woopty-doo. Hiphop is wide open now.

I never said he was the only one who made a concept album. Fuck those people who haven't heard 5 albums, fuck 'em who cares what they think. We aren't those people. We all love hip-hop, and there are a good number of of here saying that it's a good album. I haven't seen one person here say it was classic. So what if he needed the hype machine to win. He's winning with hip-hop, with his art. It is not manufactured in some Top 40 lab it came from his experiences and talent. I hate hypotheticals, but I truly believe that if Chino XL had any sort of major label backing for Ricanstruction and it sold well but with the exact same music, you would be shitting on it.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2012, 8:11 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:

You need to stop with that Chino bullshit mayne. The only one dickriding is you on Chino. I really wanted to hear that shit too and I still haven't. You're fucking it up for me with all your HYPE!!!
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2012, 8:24 pm

Saying I hate everything popular is a cop out. Im a cartoonist, Id like to see some of my cartoons be popular one day but the game aint open for black cartoonist than for black rappers.I remember going to a comic book workshop and White people looking at me like "Dude, KFC is down the street" but thats a whole nother story.

I loved Nas's bunny album. I loved Kanye West's MDTF, even though I did shit on that album at first. And I dont hate GKMC or Kamar. I just don't think its anything special. Im not that into Kamar. His flow and lyrics are average. He couldn't touch Chino,Pharoah Monch, Megalon or Shabazz the Disciple.

Have you heard Shabazz's album Hood Scriptures? Prolly not. That album was crazy, he said shit on that album that other rappers wouldn't dare say. and the way Shabazz's switches up his voice is amazing. Face it, the best music won't have the hype machine. What's Kamar talking about? Being a black kid in a rough city growing up, wow, haven't heard that before. Just enjoy your album.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2012, 8:40 pm

Could you please describe the KFC look in more detail.

I agree with your post, though. Especially about Shabazz.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2012, 8:50 pm

Cop out, maybe, but it was based solely on what you had given on the subject of GKMC. You don't like it, cool, I just didn't understand dissing it so hard with the only reason given being hype, but if you're not really feeling kdot in general that's fair. I'm not trying to convert anybody. I'll disagree on his flow and lyrics being average, but I do agree that the dudes you mentioned are ill as fuck and kendrick is not in their league lyrically (though I only have cursory knowledge of Megalon and Shabazz). And yes growing up in a rough city may be well covered ground, but it can be done in different ways, and I think kdot is creatively telling his story so that it doesn't sound as if the subject matter has been heard so many times before. GKMC is good, not classic, not Section80, but good and worth a listen maybe once the hype subsides.

No, I haven't heard the Shabazz, but it sounds dope. I'll check it out, thanks for the rec.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2012, 9:07 pm

SteveT wrote:
Could you please describe the KFC look in more detail.

I agree with your post, though. Especially about Shabazz.

LOL! at the comic workshop when I pulled out my portfolio had some cartoon drawings of Black kids and White people immediately compared it to the Boondocks--LOL! My work is nothing like Aaron McGruder's not on his level either. A black cartoonist Keith Knight stated he goes through the same dillema. He dubs himself "The other Black cartoonist". Even Aaron said that he had a hard time getting Boondocks into the papers not cause of its political prowlness cause its a black cartoon. He said distributors were like..."We already have Curtis" (a pioneer black cartoon) Every Black cartoonist work gets directly compared to another. I think imma just draw White characters from now on. A White cartoonist don't havta to go through that. The creator of GET FUZZY didn't have people saying "oh your work is too much like Jim Davis". If I drew some White kids they wouldn't say "Oh that looks like Charlie Brown".

These black rappers don't impress me. So what you rap. Black cartoonist and Black comic book makers got it rough cause Black people dont read comics just wanna fucking listen to rap music. Theres not enough Black comic makers out there to help out other black cartoonist. This is why I gave up on cartooning for over a decade and got rusty as fuck cause I figured niggaz just wanna rap and listen to rap. Blacks been rappin' and dancin' for ages time to switch-up.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2012, 11:35 pm

I agree with you Lund. Lamar is a big win for the art of rap and for the culture period. Finally an artist who respects the craft is getting major hype behind them. I haven't heard the album yet but whether its good or not, a lyricist is getting some major shine. Lamar may be the gateway to some "popbopper" digging deeper into rap.

Some of these underground nerd fans ruin hip hop just as much as these mainstream blind fans. They whine about no real rap being major and when we do get it they find flaws and still whine about something else. Listening to unknown rappers makes them feel cool, something they probably never felt before.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2012, 11:41 pm

Tic706 wrote:
I agree with you Lund. Lamar is a big win for the art of rap and for the culture period. Finally an artist who respects the craft is getting major hype behind them. I haven't heard the album yet but whether its good or not, a lyricist is getting some major shine. Lamar may be the gateway to some "popbopper" digging deeper into rap.

Some of these underground nerd fans ruin hip hop just as much as these mainstream blind fans. They whine about no real rap being major and when we do get it they find flaws and still whine about something else. Listening to unknown rappers makes them feel cool, something they probably never felt before.

Exactly
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 12:11 am

While the album does have its flaws regarding some beat selection, it's still one of the better debuts especially in the mainstream. I think some folks hate on him because he doesn't have that true west coast sound. However, he did say the album was going towards an experimental direction. Overall, I wouldn't say classic (like the dickriding HipHopDx for example), but it was a pretty good album. I'd give it a 4/5.
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 2:04 am

LOL @ Trotter (The KFC Line had me rolling...)

Anyway, the album to me is good to me. It is, emphatically, not considered a classic to me. This album really doesn't have any songs that really standout imo. All the songs are nicely put together and packaged but nothing really sticks for me. I liked how he explores different concepts throughout the album but I found his execution to be so-so to copacetic. I give it a 4/5 for now.

Am I the only person that thinks Money Trees kind of blows? The beat and hook are blah and Lamar's verses don't help aggrandize the track at all. Jay Rock does a cool job though. I think people are just tripping balls on how Lamar says "You Bish"...
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 2:27 am

Okay, Kamar, got a major deal and the album is destined to sell. But he got Drake on there. And this is still giving power to the corperate. You dont need a major to make a groundbreaking album. And with this GKMC lp its showing that the major labels still ultimately controls hip hop.
Fuck rap, Imma start just listening to tribal drum music. Majors dont control that........................................................yet.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 8:11 am

I think people are spending way too much time talking about this album when they should be talking about The Man With The Iron Fists. That's what i've been spinning all week. Maybe some of you have no choice but talk about GKMC because you're controled by the hype machine. Ya bish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 9:33 am

T. Myers wrote:
I think people are spending way too much time talking about this album when they should be talking about The Man With The Iron Fists. That's what i've been spinning all week. Maybe some of you have no choice but talk about GKMC because you're controled by the hype machine. Ya bish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iron Fists is the shit though for real. Been jamming that since the album stream was up last week. Got me excited for the supposed Wu album dropping on the 20th anniversary of 36 Chambers next year.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 9:50 am

T. Myers wrote:
I think people are spending way too much time talking about this album when they should be talking about The Man With The Iron Fists.

There's no controversy behind Iron Fists, its just unanimously dope! Where's the fun in that? Lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 9:50 am

Yeah, aside from 3 tracks, the whole album bangs and it's surprisingly cohesive except for the Kanye track. I do like the Kanye track though. It just feels out of place. The Archer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 10:04 am

Killa Sin murks that ish! Yeah the Kanye track is a bit out of the flow. I wasn't really feeling the Idle Warship joint that much, but besides that the album is fire.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 4:07 pm

Xcel wrote:
Am I the only person that thinks Money Trees kind of blows? The beat and hook are blah and Lamar's verses don't help aggrandize the track at all. Jay Rock does a cool job though. I think people are just tripping balls on how Lamar says "You Bish"...

Money Trees is dope Ya Bish!!
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 5:00 pm

I still plan to cop it.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2012, 2:52 am

gametheory91 wrote:
Ha I thought Bitch Dont Kill My Vibe was one of the best songs on the album. Anyway...

I loved this album. Lived up to the hype IMO. There is definitely an Outkast vibe throughout the album. Hell, there is a song called The Art of Peer Pressure. This album has a great mix of songs that will please underground heads and the mainstream without the underground thinking its too poppy (or at least I hope)....never know with the underground crowd though...

Money Trees>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Agreed, dope song to imo.

And Trotter is just trying to stir shit up, either that or he's just as worst as pop boppers...hating on artists/albums because of hype? What kind of shit is that.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2012, 11:26 am

Trotter is indeed being dumb - you can't say an album sucks if you haven't heard it.

I've just heard it and hate it.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2012, 11:29 am

I never said the album sucks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)   Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (Tracklist)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2