Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B)

Go down 
+6
Dwight
T. Myers
Half
Shaun
Justin Linker
Esco
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Top 50, Top 25 or Neither
Top 25
Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Vote_lcap84%Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 84% [ 16 ]
Top 50
Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Neither
Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B)   Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 8:48 pm

Steve wrote:
Exactly, let's keep it everyday and practical, what can we practically objectively analyze in this world. Nothing, jack ass. So keep your tired ass objective arguments to yourself and admit y'all fools like basement dwelling rap and move on.

Not true. If we do keep it everyday and practical, and accept that we can observe the real world, then I can objectively say that I am interacting with an object producing words on a screen, a keyboard. I can't objectively say this is a beautiful keyboard.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B)   Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 8:49 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Objective or subjective anybody with common sense on said subject knows true talent. I would not ask someone to vote the way I think they should but when they start actually trying to sell there opinion as valid as the TRUE fact I have a problem with that. Like even though you prefer those 50 others over Dre you know most are not truly betta. You have an ear for music and these guys cannot make worldwide acceped beats like Dre.

Common sense is subjective. Big Grin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B)   Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 8:51 pm

But you can objectively say any number of categories for production that dre is best at or at least top 5, qualitatively as well as quantitatively. And you are mixing realms, you therefore cannot judge anything in this world except for physical interactions according to you. Even those are flawed and in the eyes of the beholder, so see my above posts.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B)   Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 8:52 pm

I mean, does it your feelings to think Alan Pounds - someone you thought you knew - would stoup so low as to not vote Dr. Dre into his own personal top 50 hip-hop producers of all time? The nerve! lol

Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 82770
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B)   Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 8:53 pm

Yes, yes it does Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 992567
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B)   Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 8:54 pm

Steve wrote:
But you can objectively say any number of categories for production that dre is best at or at least top 5, qualitatively as well as quantitatively. And you are mixing realms, you therefore cannot judge anything in this world except for physical interactions according to you. Even those are flawed and in the eyes of the beholder, so see my above posts.

We've already said we can go on to more philosophical discussion of objectivity, but even by lay definition there's no way "best" can be objectively proven in art.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B)   Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 8:55 pm

Steve wrote:

Categories? Who makes these categories? And who appointed them such a task? lol

I mean, does it really matter? I already said I objectively feel Dre is top 10 twice (or more) now. You're not going to change my personal opinion. lol
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B)   Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 8:57 pm

Steve wrote:
Yes, yes it does Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 992567

LOL - Alright then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B)   Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 8:59 pm

Alan wrote:
Steve wrote:

I mean, does it really matter? I already said I objectively feel Dre is top 10 twice (or more) now. You're not going to change my personal opinion. lol

Hits produced, platinum plaques, solo classics produced, etc. alan. let's not be facetious now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B)   Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 8:59 pm

Jason wrote:
Steve wrote:

We've already said we can go on to more philosophical discussion of objectivity, but even by lay definition there's no way "best" can be objectively proven in art.

and once again you avoid my questions/statements, and there is no way to judge anything at all ever.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B)   Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 9:21 pm

Steve wrote:
Alan wrote:
Steve wrote:

Hits produced, platinum plaques, solo classics produced, etc. alan. let's not be facetious now.

Hits & Platinum awards are facts about his discography. "Solo classics produced" can be a majority consensus, but a classic record is a personal thing to everyone and is subjective.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B)   Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009, 9:41 pm

Steve wrote:
Jason wrote:
Steve wrote:

and once again you avoid my questions/statements, and there is no way to judge anything at all ever.

Not judge in any abstract sense, no. Objective facts are things which exist independent of your mind, not things created by personal judgment or personal interpretation, like quality values.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B)   Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 2:13 am

top 25 easily
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B)   Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 3:54 am

"Shaun wrote:
Does it matter if you play the albums for producers? So Al, if you didn't like Guru, and didn't listen to GangStarr records because of that, would DJ Premier still be in your top whatever?

How am I supposed to like a producer I don't listen to? Let alone be a favorite?

With Gang Starr, even if you don't love Guru, the music is still stellar. But Premier is a bad example because he has so many other works."

I didn't mean that you never listened to a Gangstarr album, I meant that you rarely play it. I guess I should've said it.

"With Gang Starr, even if you don't love Guru, the music is still stellar. "

So, you're saying that if you listened to "No One Can Do It Better" or "The Chronic" instrumentals, the music isn't stellar?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B)   Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 5:10 pm

Shaun wrote:
So, you're saying that if you listened to "No One Can Do It Better" or "The Chronic" instrumentals, the music isn't stellar?

I see...

It is objectively stellar. But I'm not big on instrumental albums, so I don't go out of my way to listen to them. If I rarely bumped Gang Starr or Jeru (along with some other stuff from Premier) because I didn't like them as rappers, then I guess I may have a hard time giving Premier top 25-50. Just like with Dre right here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B)   Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 50 Producers of All Time Day #3 (B)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2