Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CYNE - Water For Mars

Go down 
+4
Xcel
Justice
Funk Seoul Brother
Alan
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Cyne
3.0-Below
CYNE - Water For Mars Vote_lcap22%CYNE - Water For Mars Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
CYNE - Water For Mars Vote_lcap0%CYNE - Water For Mars Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
CYNE - Water For Mars Vote_lcap11%CYNE - Water For Mars Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 11% [ 1 ]
 11% [ 1 ]
CYNE - Water For Mars Vote_lcap33%CYNE - Water For Mars Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
 11% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

CYNE - Water For Mars Empty
PostSubject: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 5:30 pm

Big ups to Cise Starr on this rec (the HH4L member, not the actual rapper from Cyne).

Bumped this one 4 times since yesterday and dig everything about it. Rapping and songwriting is dope throughout. Nice hooks and choruses. The production really reeled me in. Loving those mid/slow-tempo delicious soul samples. Couldn't have been done much if any better IMO. What's more refreshing is that it's 46 minutes long, and it's structured so well that there is no wasted space or BS to be seen here. Right as the formula starts to slow down and somewhat tire a bit, the album is over. This one will be rotating for quite some time in all my stereos.

Also, I'd love to buy the album (hard copy). Is it only available as an import? Does anyone know when it drops in the States?

My rating: 4.5 stars (as of now)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 5:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 6:23 pm

I voted 4.75 but its just a shade under 5 stars in my strange album rating system (lol). I didn't particularly like the songs I Never, Beaten Boxes, and Your Voices but everything else was just dope. My favorite album this year.

I still haven't received my cd (yes I bought it)/shirt in the mail yet and I hope they didn't run out lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 6:28 pm

smh you get it at the end of the month, Cise. It's pre-orders. I can't wait until I can finally give that album a spin.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 6:30 pm

wrote:
smh you get it at the end of the month, Cise. It's pre-orders. I can't wait until I can finally give that album a spin.

Oh ok. Well I'm impatient then lol.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 6:35 pm

wrote:
here you Al

http://home-tapes.com/Hometapes/HAUS_HT027.html

Hmmm, not really interested in all the extras for $25. So it's only available for pre-order? I'll wait to order somewhere else with the CD only. It would be cool, but I'm on a budget since I've been laid off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 6:37 pm

I also forgot to mention it's the 21 tracks version. And you can buy the album right now, but it'll cost you import prices.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 6:43 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
I voted 4.75 but its just a shade under 5 stars in my strange album rating system (lol). I didn't particularly like the songs I Never, Beaten Boxes, and Your Voices but everything else was just dope. My favorite album this year.

I still haven't received my cd (yes I bought it)/shirt in the mail yet and I hope they didn't run out lol.

I could see someone giving it 4.75-5 stars for sure. It's pretty damn airtight.

I dig I Never, but it's not a favorite. I actually really dig Beaten Boxes - too damn short! I dug the lyricism and beat though. The hook is a little tired I guess. "Your Voice" is more like an interlude, like Beaten Boxes, so I hear the (small) gripe there. I still kinda like that one as a wind down cut though. I haven't been skipping anything yet, but I'm sure you bumped it more than me by now. I guess my favs so far are "This Year" & "Electric Blue" (also my favorite Crayola marker color back in the day...lol), "Tide Of Life".....man there are more, but that's all I'll list for now. They will reveal themselves with more spins.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 6:46 pm

wrote:
I also forgot to mention it's the 21 tracks version. And you can buy the album right now, but it'll cost you import prices.

I'll wait until it hits in the United States then. I will buy it, but the leak will have to do for now. I'm not spending $25 on it at this point.

Actually, I think it's rather stupid they are charging that much for a package deal and not even offering a CD-only option. It's only hurting their pre-order sales. Because I would have bought it right now otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2009, 7:50 pm

I have this at 4.5....
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009, 1:14 pm

Yo Tran you get your CD yet? Its the end of the month and I'm still waiting...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeSat 01 Aug 2009, 10:19 pm

It gets shipped out at the end of the month, so we should be getting it soon.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 5:20 pm

Congrats Cise, I now have this album at 5 stars like you predicted I would...lol. I was trying not to like it that much to prove you wrong. lol/jk

Must've spun it like 15 times now.

In my top 3 of '09.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 10:42 pm

Nice nice.
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 2:56 pm

Thank you guys for recommending this album because it is fire. I listen to it like 5 or 6 times already and I got it at 4.5 stars right now. Can't get enough of "The Awakening", "Tide of Life" and "Cise"...
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 3:01 pm

Xcel wrote:
Thank you guys for recommending this album because it is fire. I listen to it like 5 or 6 times already and I got it at 4.5 stars right now. Can't get enough of "The Awakening", "Tide of Life" and "Cise"...

Yeah, I'm still loving it as well.

I'll be happy when it gets released (for hard copy) and I can own it. lol
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 3:04 pm

Wait, is this better than Evolution Fight? I've been sleeping on this for a while.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 3:28 pm

AFutureWithoutAPast wrote:
Wait, is this better than Evolution Fight? I've been sleeping on this for a while.

I still have to check out their early material. This is the first Cyne album I've heard.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 5:05 pm

AFutureWithoutAPast wrote:
They are pretty close. Really close. Water For Mars is slightly better in my book.

Yo Tran you got your album yet?

I'm still waiting to receive my album. Taking so damn long. :bounce:
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009, 2:39 pm

Based on my first listen, I give it a 4.25. Still gotta give it to Evolution Fight, but this album was a pleasant surprise. Probably in the top 5 hip hop albums that I've heard this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 1:53 pm

No, I didn't get it yet, Cise. smh they sent me an email apologizing for the delay. They also told me it's now on its way.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 1:58 pm

wrote:
No, I didn't get it yet, Cise. smh they sent me an email apologizing for the delay. They also told me it's now on its way.
\
Yeah same here. Hopefully I get it before the year ends lol.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 7:12 pm

Have any of you received confirmation that your Cyne package has shipped?

I mean, I don't see it slated for release anywhere at any other online music store (besides digital outlets). I think I may like the album enough to get the whole package now...lol. I just wonder if they are going to be shipping the album out first, how long will it take for distributors to catch up? I guess I should be patient. lol
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 7:32 pm

Yeah I haven't received it yet. I guess this is just a lesson in patience.

The thing I like about the package was that I get a CD and a really nice shirt.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 7:38 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
Yeah I haven't received it yet. I guess this is just a lesson in patience.

The thing I like about the package was that I get a CD and a really nice shirt.

The shirt does look pretty tight. And the sticker too I suppose. And $25 for that and shipping is a fair price since I know I love the album already.

Let me know if you receive word about it shipping. I'll order mine then. I'm sure they'll have more packages left.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 8:13 pm

The package is shipping next week. I got a DL code for the album and it came with 5 new songs....4 replace the interludes and the 5th is a remix of "Cise"

Elephant Rome (Daedelus collaboration) << 2 star song
Tide of Life (Jay Appleseed Remix) << 5 star song
Sleep (Mexicans With Guns Remix) << 4 star song (techno rap lol)
Fallen Stars (ROM Remix) < 3 star song

The song called "Cise" is remixed on the album. On the "original" version it sounds better but this one is also dope. Its another 5 star song.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 2:33 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
The package is shipping next week. I got a DL code for the album and it came with 5 new songs....4 replace the interludes and the 5th is a remix of "Cise"

Elephant Rome (Daedelus collaboration) << 2 star song
Tide of Life (Jay Appleseed Remix) << 5 star song
Sleep (Mexicans With Guns Remix) << 4 star song (techno rap lol)
Fallen Stars (ROM Remix) < 3 star song

The song called "Cise" is remixed on the album. On the "original" version it sounds better but this one is also dope. Its another 5 star song.

So the 5 new songs were just on the DL package, right? Or are you saying the US version of the CD will be different than the import/leak version we all have? Are the interludes better? I can't recall anything that seemed out of place/skip material on this record before, so I'm hoping I'm not unhappy with the changes. lol
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 3:39 pm

Alan wrote:

So the 5 new songs were just on the DL package, right? Or are you saying the US version of the CD will be different than the import/leak version we all have? Are the interludes better? I can't recall anything that seemed out of place/skip material on this record before, so I'm hoping I'm not unhappy with the changes. lol
Yeah I think the 5 new songs were just in the package. The US release might not have the songs but I can't say for sure.
There are no interludes in the one I bought. The interludes were replaced with 4 new songs.
I don't think you will be unhappy but it is quite a bit different. I might even buy the US release because I liked the interludes as well as the original version of "Cise...".
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009, 1:16 pm

Ok the new songs are just getting on my nerves now. If there is a version released like the leak I'd buy that if I hadn't gotten this already. The only reason I bought this is for the shirt.

7 songs 3 stars and below. 14 songs 4 stars and above on this version I bought. On the leak version the ratings are higher.

Arg thew shipping got delayed until next week.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2009, 5:54 pm

CYNE - Water For Mars 7026_161050596026_675601026_3330880_3816142_n

CYNE - Water For Mars 7026_161050851026_675601026_3330881_3346587_n

CYNE - Water For Mars 7026_161051141026_675601026_3330882_7474917_n

Damn CD finally came in. Only took 2 months!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 7:43 pm

Damn...why didn't this thread pop up like it was new/unread? I just stumbled across...sorry for the lateness...

That sucks that they fudged up the album with bad songs. The fact that is was just over 40 minutes and banged throughout was a strong point. I still only want to buy the CD though. Nobody is selling it though. And 2 months? They would have had me if I could have gotten the CD immediately. Now the hype and excitement has died down and it doesn't help their cause. The replay value has slipped a little on the album for me. I got it more in the 4.5-4.75 star range again...if they'd ever sell the CD alone, maybe I can get excited about listening to it again. lol

Nice pics though. From the numbering, it looks like a super short run. Is this like some advance shit? Seems like these guys should have more pull promotion/production wise. Maybe they are only selling them like that. Again...lame.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 7:44 pm

Dude, it's been like 3 months. Check the date on the thread. lol
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 10:45 am

Yeah I pre-ordered the package. The wait was very unreasonable.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 3:08 pm

Do you now anything about how many they pressed? Like, do you have number 70 of 1000 or something?
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 4:41 pm

Not sure. I was thinking of ordering another package to sell to someone since you really can't get it any other way.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2009, 9:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2009, 11:09 pm

Too bad you don't get the shirt in that deal. The shirt alone was worth the price. Its so damn comfortable...random

Smile
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 12:14 am

Eh, I have a bunch of shirts. I'm not a Cyne junkie (yet) like you.

I got my copy though. Number 691
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 2:41 am

Al, I've never peeped any shit you rec, but I might try and give this shit a chance... before I do, what's it like?
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 12:09 pm

Esco wrote:
Al, I've never peeped any shit you rec, but I might try and give this shit a chance... before I do, what's it like?

Nice to see you give this a chance unlike the rest of the forum.
If you like this song, you'll like the album.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 1:47 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
Esco wrote:

Nice to see you give this a chance unlike the rest of the forum.
If you like this song, you'll like the album

Damn Cise, that was actually pretty dope. Guess I'll be peeping this in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 2:04 pm

2 more stellar tracks

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 2:11 pm

CYNE backwards spells SATAN... that is why I will not peep them.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 2:13 pm

meh, didn't like those 2 tracks all that much Cise.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 2:31 pm

Eh...well I'm not so sure you'll like the rest of the album too much then.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 9:10 pm

Alright, I must say the U.S. release of Water For Mars pisses me off. They changed like HALF of the damn album. Cluttered it with pointless remixes....seriously...WTF!? This album has dropped to nearly a 4.0 with these changes.

Cise, they took that tried and true formula I know you dig and fucking added all kinds of experimentation to it....like seriously altered the feel of the production of the entire album. So the album was good enough for the Japan release, but they changed their mind and tried to "improve" the album for the U.S. release? Did their creative vision change that much in less than a year's time? They took a (damn near) classic album and fucked with it. Inexcusable. I'm honestly thinking of selling this copy and looking for the import. It's only saving grace is that they left my favorite cuts as-is. And why do they have to rearrange the tracks on us? Seriously, this IS my biggest pet peeve about hip-hop albums. I'd give the Japan pressing 4.5-4.75 stars still, so I think I may look out for that one.

I know you warned me about this shit, but fuckin' A. lol

But now that I own my first Cyne album, let me know which albums to buy from them next. I'm just going to order all the shit you recommend in one shot. I got money, and I need more now. lol
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 10:20 pm

Yeah man I fell your pain. I was royally confused when I saw that they dramatically altered the album. The remixes were mostly bizarre and average. If that is their idea of improving it...well I'm out of ideas. Id def like to buy the Japanese release of it if I could find one (without breaking the bank). As for which albums I buy from them next...its between Starship Utopia, Time Being, and Evolution Fight. I'll listen to each of them and give you my updated ratings soon.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 10:34 pm

Wow...Evolution Fight is the only one remotely close to reasonable at $17. I just bought it. We'll see if I want to track down the others after hearing it. lol

I would have bought all 3 otherwise...
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 1:37 pm

http://www.yesasia.com/us/water-for-mars-japan-version/1014520454-0-0-0-en/info.html

It's the cheapest you'll find the import. They also offer free shipping on orders $39 and above. It's a legit site, it's where I buy my imports and movies.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 1:56 pm

$27!?!?! Yeah right. I ain't paying that much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CYNE - Water For Mars   CYNE - Water For Mars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CYNE - Water For Mars
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next