Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Public Enemy vs. Outkast

Go down 
+6
Dwight
Funk Seoul Brother
Shaun
Laced With Slang
Half
Alan
10 posters

Which one to you prefer?
It Takes A Nation Of Millions...
Public Enemy vs. Outkast Vote_lcap58%Public Enemy vs. Outkast Vote_rcap
 58% [ 11 ]
Aquemini
Public Enemy vs. Outkast Vote_lcap42%Public Enemy vs. Outkast Vote_rcap
 42% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Public Enemy vs. Outkast Empty
PostSubject: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:47 am

In this thread we are comparing 2 albums ONLY:

"It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back" vs. "Aquemini"

Which one to you prefer?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:48 am

I give it to Nations, but Outkast is my favorite hip hop group of all time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:49 am

Yeah this is a lot toughter than either of you two make it out to be.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:53 am

i take Nations... but if someone prefers Aquemini i dont really see a problem there, both undisputed classics, although Nations... is superior imo
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 11:44 am

N3R0 of 0nSlaught3r wrote:
Yeah this is a lot toughter than either of you two make it out to be.

It is a tough match-up. I don't think I ever spoke negatively about PE. It may seem like that to Powell, who has trouble comprehending words, sentences, and paragraphs. To put it more into perspective, I'd rank Nations over ATLiens, but not Aquemini.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 2:09 pm

Shaking My Head at Aquemini over ATLiens

I vote for Nations; my #1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 2:30 pm

Shaun wrote:
Shaking My Head at Aquemini over ATLiens

I vote for Nations; my #1

I like Aquemini better than ATLiens as well. But neither is as good as Nations Of Millions, which is my 4th favorite album of all time.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 4:39 pm

This is really close but I'll take Aquemini. At one point it was my favorite album period.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 4:59 pm

Only homo sissies take Aqeumini over Nations. nations IS hiphop. it is its essence. Aquemini is great but not even in the same league as Nations IMO.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 5:37 pm

Steve wrote:
Only homo sissies take Aqeumini over Nations. nations IS hiphop. it is its essence. Aquemini is great but not even in the same league as Nations IMO.

Well the score is 8 to 5 in favor of Nations (at the moment). The original point that sparkled the poll has already been proven - it's not so crazy that someone would prefer Aquemini over Nations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 6:05 pm

Aquemini is probably my favorite Southern album, but Nation Of Millions is just one of those revolutionary albums that will have replay value for eternity. Not that Aquemini won't, but Nation Of Millions is on a Thriller-like level.

Aquemini is a pretty chick, but Nation Of Millions is a fuckin DIMEPIECE so PE wins this battle.

Last edited by KJ Styles on Sat 29 Aug 2009, 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 7:06 pm

I'll take Public Enemy.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 8:20 pm

I'm a fan of Outkast and all, but COME ON MAN! Shocked
Back to top Go down
SkinnyTheFloridian
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
SkinnyTheFloridian

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 9:19 pm

No offense to anyone, but it seems like most folks who aint from down south like Aquemini the best out of Outkast's catalog. Maybe cuz it has more universal appeal? I would listen to Southernplayalistic... and ATLiens over Aquemini all day. Has anyone else noticed this??
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 10:02 pm

SkinnyTheFloridian wrote:
No offense to anyone, but it seems like most folks who aint from down south like Aquemini the best out of Outkast's catalog. Maybe cuz it has more universal appeal? I would listen to Southernplayalistic... and ATLiens over Aquemini all day. Has anyone else noticed this??

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I'm from the south and Aquemini is an easy choice for me followed by ATLiens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 11:43 pm

I understand Skinny... Aquemini was their breakout party so to say...Aquemini and Stankonia made them cool to rich college kids... I think longtime fans tend to sway towards their earlier shit... it's all dope though...

I voted Aquemini... simply cause I can... I feel 20 years from now it will have more replay value while PE will sound even more dated since their message and struggle seems very lost and has been for a while...

all that said - Chuck D and Outkast are both firmly in my Top Ten GOAT list...
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 11:43 pm

SkinnyTheFloridian wrote:

Southernplayalistic is just about dead even with Aquemini to me. It was my favorite for the longest time until I really got into Aquemini.
Back to top Go down
SkinnyTheFloridian
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
SkinnyTheFloridian

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeFri 28 Aug 2009, 12:16 am

Im not trying to talk shit or anything but thats just what Ive noticed for the most part.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009, 12:01 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I understand Skinny... Aquemini was their breakout party so to say...Aquemini and Stankonia made them cool to rich college kids... I think longtime fans tend to sway towards their earlier shit... it's all dope though...

I voted Aquemini... simply cause I can... I feel 20 years from now it will have more replay value while PE will sound even more dated since their message and struggle seems very lost and has been for a while...

all that said - Chuck D and Outkast are both firmly in my Top Ten GOAT list...

I see the respect for Chuck SRP and that's a great look but do you as a minority just like myself really feel that the messages on Nations are really "dated"?? how do those types of messages EVER get dated?? not sure I completely understand that comment and just wanted clarification on it....

those messages to me will be good forever or at least until the Black/Hispanic powers are in control of everything..REAL talk man!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009, 12:36 pm

Aquemini already sounds dated, and Nations is timeless baby bubba
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009, 12:37 pm

Agreed ^^^^^
Back to top Go down
SkinnyTheFloridian
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
SkinnyTheFloridian

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitimeSun 30 Aug 2009, 12:57 am

Terry, I love Aquemini too but what Im saying is most people who aint from the South say Aquemini is their fav. Kast album...not theres anything wrong with that...its just what Ive noticed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Public Enemy vs. Outkast   Public Enemy vs. Outkast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Public Enemy vs. Outkast
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: