Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9

Go down 
3 posters

Top 5, Top 10, or Neither
Top 5
Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9 Vote_lcap0%Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Top 10
Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9 Vote_lcap38%Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9 Vote_rcap
 38% [ 6 ]
Neither
Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9 Vote_lcap62%Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9 Vote_rcap
 62% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9 Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9   Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Sep 2009, 7:30 am

Jurassic 5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9   Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Sep 2009, 7:32 am

I can see top 10 for them because their 1st two albums are real good and they had their own sound going.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9   Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Sep 2009, 7:43 am

I never really got into J5, so neither for me.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9   Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Sep 2009, 5:34 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I can see top 10 for them because their 1st two albums are real good and they had their own sound going.

Yeah, you know, I was going to neither them because they lost steam after "Power In Numbers", but they actually have 3 really dope albums Kev. I'd say "Quality Control" is a classic, and the other two are near classic. So I think I have to bump Zion I out of my #10 slot and add J5....I just spin J5 more.

"Quality Control" is one of those albums that I get so confused when somebody says they don't like it, or don't feel it. I always scratch my head and think what's not to love? lol...I know folks like different sounds, but damn...I even scratch my head about a 4-star rating for that album...lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9   Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Sep 2009, 6:31 pm

[quote="Alan"]
KRob86 wrote:

"Quality Control" is one of those albums that I get so confused when somebody says they don't like it, or don't feel it. I always scratch my head and think what's not to love? lol...I know folks like different sounds, but damn...I even scratch my head about a 4-star rating for that album...lol.

Co-Sign totally. They almost make my Top 5. I feel that Quality Control and their self titled album are classics, and Power In Numbers is a 4.5 star album. They have tremendous chemistry, and sound as if they could easily be from the East Coast.

I feel you on them losing steam after Power In Numbers, but I think that had to do with Cut Chemist leaving the group, which ultimately led to them breaking up entirely. Nevertheless, they only have one dud so they deserve to be in the Top 10 IMO. I love J5, and I hope they can resolve their differences and get back together because they are one of the dopest post 2000 acts.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9   Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 7:56 am

neither
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9   Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Greatest (West) Grps #9
Page 1 of 1