Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)

Go down 
+3
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
Alan
7 posters

Did ya get it?
Yes
Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Vote_lcap67%Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Vote_rcap
 67% [ 10 ]
Not yet, but I will
Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Vote_lcap20%Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
Not going to get it
Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Vote_lcap13%Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage

Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Empty
PostSubject: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 6:56 pm

Yes

No???

Maybe So????
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 6:58 pm

Nah, but I will...probably tomorrow.

What's the consensus?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 7:03 pm

Lowest rating I've seen is HHDX 3.5, N3R0 gave 4 stars, KJ says classic best album of the year, and rapreviews.com (gay site) gave it a 10/10.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 7:33 pm

i bought it, im gonna listen to it tonight sometime
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 8:45 pm

LMAO... not copping this...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 9:00 pm

LOL! The artwork is wildly homo. SMH @ KRS and Buck around a campfire. SMH @ Buck spearing a fish. either way, the album is dope. Pounds, you will really dig the album.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 9:04 pm

Alan wrote:

Same here...

Alan wrote:
What's the consensus?

I got it at 3.75 - 4 star territory. Definitely solid...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 9:05 pm

I will be buying it this week.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 11:44 pm

I give it 4.5 Stars
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 9:44 pm

Bought it today. It's what I expected, a solid album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 9:50 pm

The Real Real Jeru wrote:
LMAO... not copping this...

Of course you aren't, but it's easily one of the best albums of the year and a near classic so it's your loss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 9:53 pm

lmao.. keep up the fan boying KJ - most heads agree this is a 4 star album... a little more if you really dig them people involved. Can I see someone putting this in their top ten? sure - but one of the best of the year and a near classic? That is laughable.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 10:05 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Alan wrote:

Same here...

Alan wrote:
What's the consensus?

I got it at 3.75 - 4 star territory. Definitely solid...

Then it's a must buy (I actually bought it already...lol), because I haven't seen you give any KRS album above 3.5 stars since......well, not at all since I knew ya.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 10:07 pm

lmao.. keep up the fan boying KJ - most heads agree this is a 4 star album... a little more if you really dig them people involved. Can I see someone putting this in their top ten? sure - but one of the best of the year and a near classic? That is laughable.

Dude, I can go for fuckin DAYS about shit you consider classic and near classic that's COMPLETELY laughable, but I don't feel like it right now.

Your opinion on this album is MEANINGLESS because you've made it abundantly clear that you despise KRS-One. So anything you have to say about him or anything he's involved in falls on deaf ears as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 10:13 pm

I do not despise him - have not made it abundantly clear - nor have I said a bad thing about this CD in this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 10:14 pm

I haven't heard of it until now. Maybe I'll try before I buy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 11:06 pm

I do not despise him - have not made it abundantly clear - nor have I said a bad thing about this CD in this thread.

You've said that he sucks and that he isn't in your Top 400, and others have heard you say that too.

You also said that you can't see how it's a near classic or one of the year's best, when most in here feel that it's at least 4 stars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 11:07 pm

a.scott wrote:
I haven't heard of it until now. Maybe I'll try before I buy.

Wow shorty, you've been sleepin apparently. Peep this joint, you won't be disappointed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009, 11:09 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

You've said that he sucks and that he isn't in your Top 400, and others have heard you say that too.

You also said that you can't see how it's a near classic or one of the year's best, when most in here feel that it's at least 4 stars.

I told you I was fucking with you when I said that shit. And I told you I thought I would rather believe the people calling this 4 stars - over you calling this "near classic."

You are the only one with the "near classic" and "year's best talk" and a 4 star album does not coincide with those accolades.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2009, 1:49 am

I can't see how one would even come CLOSE to classic or years best, it is 4 stars at best. To me it's 3.75, and I honestly don't expect to listen to it much, if ever again. Thank God it was only 8 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2009, 10:37 am

i think this is about a 4 star album, its got a bunch of bangers and good features. Kinda pissed they wasted a Pharoahe feature on a hook
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2009, 12:12 pm

Alan wrote:
Then it's a must buy (I actually bought it already...lol), because I haven't seen you give any KRS album above 3.5 stars since......well, not at all since I knew ya.

I think it's the Buckshot effect. At one point in time, he was my favorite emcee...period (So was (is?) KRS). Kris does his thing, but I think he has plateaued some. Nothing wrong with consistency, I guess, but you pretty much know what you're going to get from him day in and day out. From that POV, there was nothing amazing about the album. Consistently dope, yes, but nothing awe inspiring.

In short, I like it, but I don't love it... (no homo)
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2009, 3:03 pm

Steve wrote:
I can't see how one would even come CLOSE to classic or years best, it is 4 stars at best. To me it's 3.75, and I honestly don't expect to listen to it much, if ever again. Thank God it was only 8 bucks.

It's better than Relapse, an album you said was classic. And it's LIGHT YEARS better than the Blueprint 3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2009, 3:05 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

I told you I was fucking with you when I said that shit. And I told you I thought I would rather believe the people calling this 4 stars - over you calling this "near classic."

You are the only one with the "near classic" and "year's best talk" and a 4 star album does not coincide with those accolades.

Well opinions are like assholes aren't they? Everybody has them.

Personally, I love the album. From the lyrics to the production it's dope. Nothing on it is wack, and there's a number of real standouts on it. I stand by my 4.5 star rating, and I don't give a fuck who disagrees.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2009, 3:50 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Alan wrote:

I think it's the Buckshot effect. At one point in time, he was my favorite emcee...period (So was (is?) KRS). Kris does his thing, but I think he has plateaued some. Nothing wrong with consistency, I guess, but you pretty much know what you're going to get from him day in and day out. From that POV, there was nothing amazing about the album. Consistently dope, yes, but nothing awe inspiring.

In short, I like it, but I don't love it... (no homo)

yea im really feelin Buckshot on here much more so than the Formula. He changes his flow up a lot more, his voice, lyrics, everything is better about him here than hes been in recent years. Reminds me more of the younger Buck who was missing on his albums with 9th Wonder imo. I am also a huge Buckshot/Black Moon fan though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 11:30 am

Wow, let's all regurgitate what Jeff said weeks ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 4:16 pm

N3ro wrote:
Wow, let's all regurgitate what Jeff said weeks ago.

LOL talking in the 3rd person as if you're The Rock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 4:20 pm

You owe Jeff 20 bucks. Pay up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 10:46 pm

Nope, Taker never tapped out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 10:47 pm

BULLSHIT You said $20 that Taker would win the belt. Goddamn dude.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)   Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did you buy Survival Skills aka Brokeback KRS (© Terry)
Page 1 of 1