Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top Hip-Hop Singles #98

Go down 
+3
T. Myers
Deanie O'Banion
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
7 posters

Top 100?
Top 25
Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Vote_lcap0%Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Top 50
 0% [ 0 ]
Top 75
 0% [ 0 ]
Top 100
Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Vote_lcap22%Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Neither
Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Vote_lcap78%Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Vote_rcap
 78% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Empty
PostSubject: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 5:02 am

Positive K- I Got A Man
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 5:03 am

Top 100, another one of those one hit wonders.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 5:24 am

This was hard to avoid if you watched MTV when it dropped, It's catchy, but not top 100 by any stretch. I like your switched up from the norm choices though Tran, keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 5:26 am

Thanks man, finally someone sees what I'm doing. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 8:37 am

I agree with Romped Tran I like the way you are not picking obvious songs. Keep doing you.

Oh and neither for this one. Nice song though.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 9:01 am

KRob86 wrote:
I agree with Romped Tran I like the way you are not picking obvious songs. Keep doing you.

Oh and neither for this one. Nice song though.

Co-sign
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 9:49 am

Top 100. One of the most humorous hip-hop songs of all time.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 10:59 am

Neither
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 11:02 am

Oh and yes Tran you should branch away from the "normal" picks but at least try to pick some that should be even considered remotely top 100 of all-time material...that's where I was going with what I said yesterday...most of the joints your picking IN MY OPINION are clearly neithers and this has been proven by the results...I don't think you've nominated one top 100 song yet....that's where I was going with it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 11:17 am

D.Powell wrote:
Oh and yes Tran you should branch away from the "normal" picks but at least try to pick some that should be even considered remotely top 100 of all-time material...that's where I was going with what I said yesterday...most of the joints your picking IN MY OPINION are clearly neithers and this has been proven by the results...I don't think you've nominated one top 100 song yet....that's where I was going with it!

So you're saying that this song couldn't even objectively be Top 100?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 1:20 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Anything can OBJECTIVELY be a top 100 song of all-time KJ

but from that First Priority camp...I don't think personally this one is...songs at least from that camp that come to mind as possible top 100 hip-hop songs are Audio Two-Top Billin or MC Lyte-Paper Thin...but again we will see at the end of the day what that majority thinks about this song having a chance to crack the top 100...even the ones I just named probably wouldn't make top 100 status here man...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 1:25 pm

No, actually Powell objectively means without bias. So therefore by definition, not just anything can be a top 100 song of all time.

But I do agree that this song isn't top 100 material. Audio Two-Top Billin is one of the most sampled/quoted/bitten hip hop songs of all time and should be included IMO.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 1:35 pm

N3R0 wrote:
No, actually Powell objectively means without bias. So therefore by definition, not just anything can be a top 100 song of all time.

But I do agree that this song isn't top 100 material. Audio Two-Top Billin is one of the most sampled/quoted/bitten hip hop songs of all time and should be included IMO.

what is the criteria Jeffrey for a top 100 hip-hop song of all-time OBJECTIVELY speaking of course??

LMAO!

stop it teacher...just stop it...have you ever seen Charlie Brown?? lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 1:42 pm

D.Powell wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Anything can OBJECTIVELY be a top 100 song of all-time KJ

but from that First Priority camp...I don't think personally this one is...songs at least from that camp that come to mind as possible top 100 hip-hop songs are Audio Two-Top Billin or MC Lyte-Paper Thin...but again we will see at the end of the day what that majority thinks about this song having a chance to crack the top 100...even the ones I just named probably wouldn't make top 100 status here man...lol

I think Paper Thin and Top Billin are EASILY Top 100. While they likely wouldn't make it here (because of the female rapper and old school hatred in this forum). I think the majority of hip-hop nation would call those Top 100 tracks.

While I Got A Man isn't a stone cold lock, it's a song that someone could easily make a strong case for. It's got clever lines (I'm Big Daddy Long Stroke and your man's Pee Wee Herman) and was a staple on the radio and video shows for years. When I think about songs that crack me up, this is near the top of the list. Definitely a classic.

While I understand why people would vote against this, I have no problem with Tran nominating it for the above reasons.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 1:45 pm

Top Billin is easily top 100, this song isnt to me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 1:50 pm

I think the problem with I Got A Man is it was good-great back in the era it dropped but with time imo it has lost steam. And when I think of all the classic singles dropped over 25+ years it would not make mine. But objectively it may belong. Top Billin is another one that I have never been big on but like Jeff said it has too much impact imo to be denied top 100.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 1:57 pm

D.Powell wrote:
N3R0 wrote:

what is the criteria Jeffrey for a top 100 hip-hop song of all-time OBJECTIVELY speaking of course??

LMAO!

How did you graduate college? Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 1:59 pm

If you play Top Billin' right now at a party, at a wedding, at your job, in the gym, at the park...wherever...it will make heads nod even in today's generation. That's one of my main ways to measure how timeless/classic a song is -- "nodability". lol Think "It Takes Two", for example.

I Got A Man would make younger listeners wonder who got into their mom's record collection and put on an oldie.

While I do like it, it's a neither for me...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 2:01 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
If you play Top Billin' right now at a party, at a wedding, at your job, in the gym, at the park...wherever...it will make heads nod even in today's generation. That's one of my main ways to measure how timeless/classic a song is -- "nodability". lol Think "It Takes Two", for example.

I Got A Man would make younger listeners wonder who got into their mom's record collection and put on an oldie.

While I do like it, it's a neither for me...

Co-sign Norf. It's why Young Mc will never, ever fucking go away. Or Tone Loc. Or Sir Mix-A-Lot.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 2:03 pm

N3R0 wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
N3R0 wrote:

LMAO!

How did you graduate college? Seriously?

Ummm Jeffrey answer the question man?? does this go completely against you using that Big Mac flavored head of yours??
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 2:12 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I think the problem with I Got A Man is it was good-great back in the era it dropped but with time imo it has lost steam. And when I think of all the classic singles dropped over 25+ years it would not make mine. But objectively it may belong. Top Billin is another one that I have never been big on but like Jeff said it has too much impact imo to be denied top 100.

"You've been picking some bullshit my dude! this is for the top hip-hop singles OF ALL-TIME tranny not the top hip-hop singles of a specific year or even time period..BUT ALL-TIME...I think you don't fully understand that or you just don't really know enough singles to do this damn job! which one is it man??"

What you just said up above Kev is exactly what I addressed to Tranny yesterday man...he's NOT picking top 100 songs of ALL-TIME in my opinion but maybe ones of a specific era..which is what something like this would fit right into man...
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010, 4:05 pm

Great song. The whole album is pretty nice too. I'd give it 4 stars. The single isn't top 100 to me though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #98   Top Hip-Hop Singles #98 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Hip-Hop Singles #98
Page 1 of 1