Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top Hip-Hop Singles #59

Go down 
+10
Shaun
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
D.Powell
Dwight
Half
Z-membu
E. Taylor
Laced With Slang
Funk Seoul Brother
T. Myers
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Mistadoblina
Top 25
Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Vote_lcap0%Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Top 50
Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Vote_lcap13%Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Top 75
Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Vote_lcap0%Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Top 100
Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Vote_lcap47%Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 7 ]
Neither
Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Vote_lcap40%Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage

Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Empty
PostSubject: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 10:54 am

Here's some diversity for you SRP.....

Mistadoblina- Del Tha Funkee Homosapien
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 11:01 am

Hmmm...Na. Catch A Bad One would in a heratbeat though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 11:26 am

Co-sign Kev.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 11:29 am

neither, and that is definitely not diverse KJ. That sound, crew, and song are still in your comfort zone.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 12:04 pm

Top 100. Not one of my fav Del songs though.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 12:09 pm

top 100
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 12:47 pm

T. Myers wrote:
neither, and that is definitely not diverse KJ. That sound, crew, and song are still in your comfort zone.

What the fuck ever. Most East Coasters wouldn't have even nominated this song. Let alone rank it in their Top 100 as I did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 12:49 pm

Aww KJ got his feelings hurt. What is that they say about the truth?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 12:49 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

What the fuck ever. Most East Coasters wouldn't have even nominated this song. Let alone rank it in their Top 100 as I did.

Tell yourself whatever you need to tell yourself in order to make yourself feel better son, but it's not diverse. When was the last time you nominated a song that wasn't in your top 100?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 12:50 pm

N3R0 wrote:
Aww KJ got his feelings hurt. What is that they say about the truth?

Nah Jeff, you're the sensitive one around here. And you can't handle the truth!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 12:58 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Tell yourself whatever you need to tell yourself in order to make yourself feel better son, but it's not diverse. When was the last time you nominated a song that wasn't in your top 100?

All I know is I spoke the truth. Most East Coasters who aren't diehards WOULD NOT have nominated this song, or probably anything by Del for that matter.

I went outside the box and STILL gpt criticized for it. So I have to nominate a song outside of my Top 100 to please you??? Sure I could do that, but that's NOT the definition of diverse.

I'm just gonna nominate what the fuck I want. If I'm gonna get criticized for it, at least I can do so comfortably.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 1:01 pm

When was the last time you were not bias with your pick? When was the last time a single was not in your top 100? All of these singles come from your limited taste in music. they are not and they never will be diverse.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 1:07 pm

If you are an east coast fanboy and can't appreciate Del, you have some serious soul searching to do....random sidebar comment. This isn't directed at anyone in particular.

Last edited by Cise Starr on Wed 30 Dec 2009, 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 1:08 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
If you are an east coast fanboy and can't appreciate Del, you have some serious soul searching to do....random sidebar comment

BOOM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 1:21 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
If you are an east coast fanboy and can't appreciate Del, you have some serious soul searching to do....random sidebar comment. This isn't directed at anyone in particular.

I DO like Del...and I was considering nominating Catch A Bad One or Dr Bombay, but I went with Mistadoblina because it's arguably his most popular single. I own 5 of his albums and he's one of my favs from the West.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 1:27 pm

I ask for diversity and KJ gives me a white kid with a tan... nice try...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 1:27 pm

T. Myers wrote:
When was the last time you were not bias with your pick? When was the last time a single was not in your top 100? All of these singles come from your limited taste in music. they are not and they never will be diverse.

Fuck you Terry, my taste is more diverse than yours...Mr "I hate females rappers, I can't stand jazz rap" etc...

Just because my favorite rappers aren't all guys that 90% of hip-hop nation hasn't fuckin heard of doesn't make my taste any less diverse. You don't know the damn meaning of the word.

It means different STYLES of rap, has nothing to do with a rappers status, dumbass!
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 1:29 pm

I know you like him but my comment wasn't directed at you. It was directed at any east coast fanboy who can't appreciate Del or looks down upon west coast music.

I've noticed a strong superiority complex with certain posters around here regarding regions...its pathetic. I could care less where shit originated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 1:29 pm

Saint Killa wrote:

Last I checked, Del was BLACK!!! He's Ice Cube cousin you fuckin retard!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 1:31 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
I know you like him but my comment wasn't directed at you. It was directed at any east coast fanboy who can't appreciate Del or looks down upon west coast music.

I've noticed a strong superiority complex with certain posters around here regarding regions...its pathetic. I could care less where shit originated.

EXACTLY!!! I don't give a fuck where an artist is from. If they're dope I bump them.

Clowns like Terry, SRP, and Jeff try to say that my taste is limited when I can guaran-fuckin-tee that I like more styles than any of them.

Last edited by KJ Styles on Wed 30 Dec 2009, 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 1:31 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Saint Killa wrote:

Last I checked, Del was BLACK!!! He's Ice Cube cousin you fuckin retard!

Last I checked, there is a concept in the world called SYMBOLISM and SARCASM!!! It's intelligence's cousin you fucking idiot!
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Saint Killa wrote:
lol!
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 1:32 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

EXACTLY!!! I don't give a fuck where an artist is from. If they're dope I bump them.

Cool. If only the rest of the forum followed this ideology.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 1:39 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Fuck you Terry, my taste is more diverse than yours...Mr "I hate females rappers, I can't stand jazz rap" etc...

Just because my favorite rappers aren't all guys that 90% of hip-hop nation hasn't fuckin heard of doesn't make my taste any less diverse. You don't know the damn meaning of the word.

It means different STYLES of rap, has nothing to do with a rappers status, dumbass!

Please, i know you're not trying to imply you're more diverse than me. You diss the south and Bay a lot more than i dis Jazz Rap and female rappers. As a matter of fact, i don't hate them. i just know they are not my preference. However, i still give them a shot because there is always i chance i could dig them. you're the one who tries to diss music and artists you've never heard(minus a youtube clip here and there). you're the one who hovers over NYC like it's your safety blanket. you couldn't begin to wrap your tiny brain around the dopeness i've gotten from Yogi, SRP, Kev, Pounds, and N3R0(yes even N3R0 is good for a Rec). you limit yourself by your boundaries. You play it safe. It's like you live in a box. you do not actively search for dope new music. you wait for someone to tell you you may like it, and then you may DL it.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 1:42 pm

Well, I'm from Ky so i don't really have a region. I like the East, West, Midwest, and the South. Long as it's dope i'll listen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 1:57 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Please, i know you're not trying to imply you're more diverse than me. You diss the south and Bay a lot more than i dis Jazz Rap and female rappers. As a matter of fact, i don't hate them. i just know they are not my preference. However, i still give them a shot because there is always i chance i could dig them. you're the one who tries to diss music and artists you've never heard(minus a youtube clip here and there). you're the one who hovers over NYC like it's your safety blanket. you couldn't begin to wrap your tiny brain around the dopeness i've gotten from Yogi, SRP, Kev, Pounds, and N3R0(yes even N3R0 is good for a Rec). you limit yourself by your boundaries. You play it safe. It's like you live in a box. you do not actively search for dope new music. you wait for someone to tell you you may like it, and then you may DL it.

I give EVERYTHING a fair listen. Some shit I like, some shit I don't.

I'll admit, I really wasn't checkin for underground artists prior to about 1998 or so because the mainstream was delivering so much dopeness. But you cannot HONESTLY tell me that my taste is limited. I like as many different STYLES of rap as anybody in this fuckin forum. Guys like you, N3RO, and SRP just like to hate on me for no fuckin reason.

I haven't dissed the South and Bay entirely, just certain artists that people around here claim to be GOAT's and better than guys like Rakim, Biggie, Nas, KRS-One and the like when they aren't even close IMO. My album of the year for 2009 is Montezuma's Revenge. Souls of Mischief is from THE BAY!!! My runner-up is Skyzoo's Salvation, another underground artist who was rec'd to me by Tran.

I'm probably one of the most open-minded East Coast heads you'll meet. The majority of my friends have never even heard of Skyzoo and he's from Brooklyn!!! Basically, all you have done is assume about my tastes. And you know what they say about those who assume.....
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 2:04 pm

I have not assumed anything. you're body of work on here speaks for itself. if you're not demonstrating your open mindedness, people will never know. I know i have demonstrated it, but up until now i have never felt the need to express it. For all of the crap Jason takes from people around here, he is probably one of the top 3 most diverse listeners on this forum, but the fact is he is usually bashing an album more than he praises it. So people automatically assume he's close minded. It's all about what you put out there for us to read. I don't really remember you checking for too many southern or bay area albums. 1 or 2 albums just isn't gonna cut it. It's like a white man saying he isn't racist because he has 3 black friends. Show and prove KJ. Show and prove.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 2:07 pm

Top 50. That song was banannas. When I first heard it I was like WTF?!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 2:08 pm

That's just entirely not true KJ. All I have ever said is that Nas and KRS-ONE are not among my goats. And that in fact I enjoy Jacka, Andre Nickatina, and plenty of others more than I tend to enjoy music from those particular artists.

Nowhere in that is anything other than my opinion and my preferences. Yet, you latch on to that like I am trying to diss them because of your pompous selfish attitude. Somehow there is no way some underground cats not from the east could be doper to some people that the people you love, so you choose to try to diss those people all you can for no other reason than to try to discredit my opinion and make yourself feel better. I don't really understand it, but your own actions show and prove how narrowminded you are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 2:14 pm

I don't need to prove anything.

Yes, the majority of my favs are from the East, but I've got a number of favs from other coasts as well. My favorite post-2000 groups are Jurassic 5 and Little Brother. Those groups don't get much love in this forum, but that doesn't mean they're wack or less diverse. Lupe Fiasco is probably my favorite post 2000 MC and I've gotten heat for being a Lupe fan in here, but again he's an outside the box pick.

When I try to appease to people in here they give me shit anyways so I'm just gonna be me. Whoever doesn't like me or my rap taste can go fuck themselves.

And BTW, that whole plus-minus shit was gay. Glad you got rid of it. It's so Amazon-like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 2:17 pm

What you fail to understand is that we could care less where an artist is from when it comes to diversity, we are talking about sound... style... etc... and point blank period you do not have sonically diverse music tastes...
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 2:20 pm

I don't have a diverse music taste and its not east to break away from the mold. Like Terry said, its easy to get caught up in a comfort zone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 2:22 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
I don't have a diverse music taste and its not east to break away from the mold. Like Terry said, its easy to get caught up in a comfort zone.

It is very easy to do so. I try to be diverse and I am at times. But I also go through months where I bump the exact same artist and style. So sometimes you have to shake yourself out of that to peep something new and fresh. I'll admit it was much easier being diverse when I had less money because my choices came down to what I could afford at the time, which tended to be the less popular shit in the clearance bins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 2:35 pm

Saint Killa wrote:
That's just entirely not true KJ. All I have ever said is that Nas and KRS-ONE are not among my goats. And that in fact I enjoy Jacka, Andre Nickatina, and plenty of others more than I tend to enjoy music from those particular artists.

Nowhere in that is anything other than my opinion and my preferences. Yet, you latch on to that like I am trying to diss them because of your pompous selfish attitude. Somehow there is no way some underground cats not from the east could be doper to some people that the people you love, so you choose to try to diss those people all you can for no other reason than to try to discredit my opinion and make yourself feel better. I don't really understand it, but your own actions show and prove how narrowminded you are.

Pot calling the kettle black....Whenever Nas and KRS are mentioned you're QUICK to diss them just like Skip Bayless is quick to diss Terrell Owens. So when you do that, I fire back.

Many of the singles I've picked thus far HAVE been diverse in terms of style. There's some I've been hesistant to nominate because I get the feeling they'd get mad neither votes. But fuck it, I'll just nominate whatever is on my mind at the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 2:40 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Saint Killa wrote:

Pot calling the kettle black....Whenever Nas and KRS are mentioned you're QUICK to diss them just like Skip Bayless is quick to diss Terrell Owens. So when you do that, I fire back.

Many of the singles I've picked thus far HAVE been diverse in terms of style. There's some I've been hesistant to nominate because I get the feeling they'd get mad neither votes. But fuck it, I'll just nominate whatever is on my mind at the time.

What's the fucking point of doing a poll if you are not nominating shit because you don't think people will vote for it? And I do not diss them with the quickness - I state my opinion assclown. At least I wait until they are mentioned.. unlike you... who randomly brings up people to diss out of nothing but hate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 2:41 pm

Saint Killa wrote:
What you fail to understand is that we could care less where an artist is from when it comes to diversity, we are talking about sound... style... etc... and point blank period you do not have sonically diverse music tastes...

Does Del sound like Nas? No!

Do Souls Of Mischief sound like BDP? No!

Does Jurassic 5 sound like The Roots? No!

Does Scarface sound like Q-Tip? No!

So how the fuck is my taste NOT diverse??? I do like MANY different styles. It's just that shit with you goes in one ear and out the other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 2:44 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Saint Killa wrote:

So how the fuck is my taste NOT diverse??? I do like MANY different styles. It's just that shit with you goes in one ear and out the other.

Scarface is the only one out of those 8 acts that is a little, just a little, different. The rest to me, belong to the same sonic family of hip-hop. Do they sound the same in the sense of being identical? No, but they do share most, if not all, of the same characteristics.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 2:45 pm

Saint Killa wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Saint Killa wrote:

Scarface is the only one out of those 8 acts that is a little, just a little, different. The rest to me, belong to the same sonic family of hip-hop. Do they sound the same in the sense of being identical? No, but they do share most, if not all, of the same characteristics.

CO-SIGN
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 2:45 pm

Saint Killa wrote:
And I do not diss them with the quickness - I state my opinion assclown. At least I wait until they are mentioned.. unlike you... who randomly brings up people to diss out of nothing but hate.

That's a god damn lie. You nitpick things about them simply because you hate them. You have brought them up before (see the Cormega-Realness album nomination thread) you're just being hypocritical.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 2:47 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Saint Killa wrote:
And I do not diss them with the quickness - I state my opinion assclown. At least I wait until they are mentioned.. unlike you... who randomly brings up people to diss out of nothing but hate.

That's a god damn lie. You nitpick things about them simply because you hate them. You have brought them up before (see the Cormega-Realness album nomination thread) you're just being hypocritical.

It remains my opinion that The Realness is the real illmatic - meaning the quintessential NY street-hop album - capturing the authentic NY street sound... and Cormega should rightfully be in Nas' place in the hip-hop world... no hate...just opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 2:50 pm

Saint Killa wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Saint Killa wrote:

Scarface is just the one of those that you like most. But ALL of those artists have DIFFERENT styles.

Nas is a street storyteller with dope wordplay, KRS is a teacher, Del and SOM brought a unique style to the game, as did ATCQ at the time they came out. The Roots were one of the few groups who use a live band. And I don't know ANYBODY that sounds like J5. But they're dope as fuck!

So they're ALL different, and that doesn't even come close to all the different artists/styles I like. That's just a small example.

Last edited by KJ Styles on Wed 30 Dec 2009, 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 2:51 pm

Didn't like it when I first heard it, but it has grown on me a lot over the years. I'll give it top 100. I also have a diverse music taste, so throw me in that club
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 2:53 pm

Saint Killa wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Saint Killa wrote:

It remains my opinion that The Realness is the real illmatic - meaning the quintessential NY street-hop album - capturing the authentic NY street sound... and Cormega should rightfully be in Nas' place in the hip-hop world... no hate...just opinion.

You can have your opinion, but If it wasn't for Nas, Cormega would have NEVER been in the rap game period, and that's a FACT!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 2:54 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Saint Killa wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Saint Killa wrote:

Scarface is just the one of those that you like most. But ALL of those artists have DIFFERENT styles.

Nas is a street storyteller with dope wordplay, KRS is a teacher, Del and SOM brought a unique style to the game, as did ATCQ at the time they came out. The Roots were one of the few groups who use a live band.

So they're ALL different, and that doesn't even come close to all the different artists/styles I like. That's just a small example.

None of those things are different styles. Scarface is only slightly different because he had some horrorcore/hardcore elements in his work at times, take those away and he fits right in there too. His production has been mostly based int he same style as all the other groups there.

Del and SOM being from the west coast but copying a style of rhyme popular in the east coast does not make them different.

What you fail to see is that all that is traditional hip-hop music... just like all these other acts you claim to love... skyzoo, lupe, little brother... all are praised for going back to traditional sounds...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 2:55 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Saint Killa wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Saint Killa wrote:

You can have your opinion, but If it wasn't for Nas, Cormega would have NEVER been in the rap game period, and that's a FACT!

What facts do you have to support this?

Did Nas front the money for Legal Hustle? Did he buy back Mega's masters and give it to him? Did he do right by Mega after he was screwed over? Or was it the diss tracks? Is that how he made sure Mega was in the rap game?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 3:07 pm

Saint Killa wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Saint Killa wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Saint Killa wrote:

What facts do you have to support this?

Did Nas front the money for Legal Hustle? Did he buy back Mega's masters and give it to him? Did he do right by Mega after he was screwed over? Or was it the diss tracks? Is that how he made sure Mega was in the rap game?

Nobody knew who the fuck Cormega was before Nas invited him into the Firm. Nas even gave him a shoutout on Illmatic.

Nas wasn't the one that screwed Mega over, Steve Stoute did! But Mega bit the hand that fed him and dissed Nas. It was those diss tracks that got Cormega that built Mega's popularity/fanbase. Some would say that Mega STILL isn't really over, even though he does have a lot of talent.

Mega isn't in Nas' place simply because Nas is a better MC with a better discography. Nas is widely considered one of the greatest MC's of all time and Illmatic is widely considered one of the best albums of all time. While Cormega is very talented and the Realness is a dope album, the same cannot be said for him. At no point in Mega's career was he ever considered among the best, and he still isn't.

You're entitled to disagree with that, but the fact remains that Nas is a GOAT for a reason. He may not be one of your GOAT's, but the vast majority of hip-hop nation considers him a GOAT. That's real talk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 3:30 pm

That's not fact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 3:38 pm

And what is your obsession with Nas and crediting everything back to him? Did I not state my OPINION on Cormega as an OPINION? Yet you still feel the need to somehow justify Nas? and give Nas credit for something he had NOTHING to do with. Point blank, Cormega has a career in rap because he chose to pursue an independent label and worked hard at it. Nas has nothing to do with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 3:38 pm

Saint Killa wrote:
That's not fact.

What isn't fact? That Nas is widely considered a GOAT? Yes it is fact! You're just saying it's not because he's not one of your GOAT's.

There's some people who aren't on my GOAT list who are widely considered GOAT's as well. But I'm not gonna deny the fact that they rank highly within hip-hop nation like you do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 3:41 pm

Within your circle, sure, he is considered a GOAT by a lot... but this rap world is much broader than your narrow view...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Hip-Hop Singles #59
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next