Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PMD- Parrish Smith

Go down 
+4
mistadave
Shaun
Alan
J. Harris
8 posters
AuthorMessage

PMD- Parrish Smith Empty
PostSubject: PMD- Parrish Smith   PMD- Parrish Smith Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 5:48 pm

PMD's second album (Business Is Business) holds the distinction of being the LOWEST rated album I own, clocking in @ a 2.5, and that's probably being generous. I'm curious to know all of your thoughts on this album. We all know what he and Erick contributed to hip hop in the form of EPMD, but respectively, PMD on the solo tip left a lot to be desired in most cases.

PMD- Parrish Smith Business_is_Business
Back to top Go down

PMD- Parrish Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMD- Parrish Smith   PMD- Parrish Smith Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 5:54 pm

Never heard this album, but Shade Business sucked and I never checked for PMD as a solo artist after that so I'm not surprised to hear that.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PMD- Parrish Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMD- Parrish Smith   PMD- Parrish Smith Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 5:54 pm

Damn Wayne. That album goes hard man. You sure you have the right album? His second solo was better than his first. The beats were dark and hard hitting and he flow was a little more on point than the first effort. I have the album at a 4/5 ranking.
Back to top Go down

PMD- Parrish Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMD- Parrish Smith   PMD- Parrish Smith Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 5:56 pm

J. Harris wrote:
Damn Wayne. That album goes hard man. You sure you have the right album? His second solo was better than his first. The beats were dark and hard hitting and he flow was a little more on point than the first effort. I have the album at a 4/5 ranking.

I have the right album, lol. The second album was better than Shade Business, but it never grabbed me each time I listened to it. There are a few good songs on there, but overall, it's largely a forgettable album IMO.
Back to top Go down

PMD- Parrish Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMD- Parrish Smith   PMD- Parrish Smith Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 5:57 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Never heard this album, but Shade Business sucked and I never checked for PMD as a solo artist after that so I'm not surprised to hear that.

Oh yeah, I kind of shook my head at the Shade Business album.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PMD- Parrish Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMD- Parrish Smith   PMD- Parrish Smith Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010, 6:25 pm

J. Harris wrote:

Cosign. I got this at about 4 stars as well.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PMD- Parrish Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMD- Parrish Smith   PMD- Parrish Smith Icon_minitimeFri 21 May 2010, 4:02 am

PMD sounds like Prodigy on Mega Fresh X
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PMD- Parrish Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMD- Parrish Smith   PMD- Parrish Smith Icon_minitimeFri 21 May 2010, 11:39 am

IMO, that first album had some bangers as well, which was mainly the posse cut at the end of the album.
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PMD- Parrish Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMD- Parrish Smith   PMD- Parrish Smith Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 7:43 am

Honestly I consider this album a 4 stars one. At the time I bought it without listening to it because PMD was my favorite EPMD half. Rugged N Raw is at the same level of any EMPD song. The album is overall solid, the beats are bangin' and lyrics are on point. I never listened to Shade Business.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PMD- Parrish Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMD- Parrish Smith   PMD- Parrish Smith Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 7:54 pm

mistadave wrote:
Honestly I consider this album a 4 stars one. At the time I bought it without listening to it because PMD was my favorite EPMD half. Rugged N Raw is at the same level of any EMPD song. The album is overall solid, the beats are bangin' and lyrics are on point. I never listened to Shade Business.

And you're certainly not missing anything regarding Shade Business.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PMD- Parrish Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMD- Parrish Smith   PMD- Parrish Smith Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 4:38 pm

Guess I'm in the minority here. I think "Business Is Business" is absolutely fucking ill. 4.5/5 territory and possibly the best EPMD solo effort in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PMD- Parrish Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMD- Parrish Smith   PMD- Parrish Smith Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 5:37 pm

ctrx wrote:
Guess I'm in the minority here. I think "Business Is Business" is absolutely fucking ill. 4.5/5 territory and possibly the best EPMD solo effort in my opinion.

I heard this album recently, and while it's not as bad as Wayne makes it out to be it's nowhere near 4.5 stars IMO. I'd say 3.5.

I'd take Erick Sermon's No Pressure and Music over this album easily, and Double Or Nothing is on par with it.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PMD- Parrish Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMD- Parrish Smith   PMD- Parrish Smith Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar 2011, 5:40 pm

I'm with kj, but I'd also double or nothing is also better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PMD- Parrish Smith Empty
PostSubject: Re: PMD- Parrish Smith   PMD- Parrish Smith Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PMD- Parrish Smith
Page 1 of 1