Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty

Go down 
+15
boet
D.Powell
parker lewis
gametheory91
Half
booerns
Alan
Norfeest
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Xcel
Justin Linker
T. Myers
Cold Loungin
Highsmith
Laced With Slang
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What'd Ya Think?
Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 8 ]
Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
 13% [ 2 ]
Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
3 or below
Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage

Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:50 am

KJ Styles wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
im honestly on spin number 15+ already

I feel ya man, I've spun it at least 5 times. I'm seriously thinking this could be the best album of the year thus far. Distant Relatives is it's only competition right now.

Because you've listened to less than ten albums. If you opened your ears, that'd be some high praise, unfortunately, it's not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 3:49 pm

M1dw35t3rn Rap Pr0 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
im honestly on spin number 15+ already

I feel ya man, I've spun it at least 5 times. I'm seriously thinking this could be the best album of the year thus far. Distant Relatives is it's only competition right now.

Because you've listened to less than ten albums. If you opened your ears, that'd be some high praise, unfortunately, it's not.

Why isn't that high praise? Because you don't like Distant Relatives? Eat a dick, assclown.

Most people here hold DR in very high regard, even SRP likes it which shocked me. And I've listened to far more than 10 albums this year. You're so ignorant it's laughable.

I bet if I said something like "Uni5 is it's only competition right now" you'd have NO problem with that, would you Jeffery? Didn't think so.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:26 pm

Distant Relatives is my AOTY so far...

In regards to the topic, I think this album ranks fairly high. I got it at 4.25/4.5 at the moment.

As far as this being a safe album. We're talking about one half of Oukast. I couldn't disagree more...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:30 pm

Aang wrote:

In regards to the topic, I think this album ranks fairly high. I got it at 4.25/4.5 at the moment.

As far as this being a safe album. We're talking about one half of Oukast. I couldn't disagree more...

Big Boi's album is great.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:40 pm

Aang wrote:

this album is far from safe....i have a full review coming soon
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 4:30 pm

Someone has to say it, so...

That "boy stop" shit is gay. He says that shit like every other track or something. I remember girls saying that when I was a teen or I'd hear it from the women at house parties when my uncles threw 'em. Shit is way homo...

Outside of that, Left Foot did his thing. Follow Us, Shutterbug, Shine Blockas, etc...4.5 or better from me.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 4:54 pm

yeah, I never heard men say boy stop... just women... but I am not a flaming homo, so I may not have been exposed to the men who say this, Shaun, is this popular in your circle?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 7:00 pm

I'm still not hearing the stuff you guys are hearing in this album...sorry. I just feel he is getting a pass because he is apart of the legendary Outkast. If Jay-Z dropped a album with these same hooks and beats I really think cats would clown on him and talk about how commercial it is and blah blah blah. I had this at a 4.25 but its truly more 3.75-4.0.

I mean songs like:
Turns Me On
General Patton
Tangerine
Be Still
Back Up Plan
You Ain't No DJ

These songs are pretty damn average to me and thats 6 trks out of the 15. Shutterbugg, Night Night, Fo Yo Sorrows, Daddy Fat Sax, and Follow Us are strong standouts. But anything above a 4.25 to me is str8 up Outkast bias or new album hypeness. I can't wait until this time next year and see what we all are saying. Hell who knows my tune may change also.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 7:03 pm

none of those songs have commercial sounding beats at all, they are all a divergent from the commercial standard thats why its getting praise. Besides "Back Up Plan" im not hearing what you are talking.

Turn Me On >>>>>>>>
he shows all these morons the RIGHT way to use synthesizers and vocoders throughout the album
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 7:05 pm

Yeah, I think this just might be too different and dope for K. Rob. If it was some hard street average shit he'd go bananas for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 7:06 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
none of those songs have commercial sounding beats at all, they are all a divergent from the commercial standard thats why its getting praise. Besides "Back Up Plan" im not hearing what you are talking.

Turn Me On >>>>>>>>
he shows all these morons the RIGHT way to use synthesizers and vocoders throughout the album

Thank you that is all I needed to see. scratch
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 7:07 pm

General Patton>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 7:10 pm

Oh and for the record I am not really speaking on his lyrics or anything. His flow, wordplay, and lyrics are all top notch for the most part. I'm speaking on some of the hook choices, beats, and the track order.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 11:01 pm

I think some of y'all are smoking better weed than me if you don't think there are any "commercial sounding beats" (and/or hooks) on this. Whatever though. The albums is dope. I give it 4 stars after a few listens. Not digging everything, but Big Boi's performance is top notch....and nice reminder of why he's my #1 favorite southern rapper.
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 4:28 pm

I got this at 4 stars. I enjoyed all the songs on the album so the rating could go up eventually and I agree with Alan and Kev about the commercial sounding material on the album but the songs were still dope to me anyways...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010, 4:50 pm

this album has been completely overrated on here IMO...I've been listening to it the past 5 days and I have it at 3.5 stars...it's an above average effort IMO....Big Boi did on this album exactly what I thought he would do....he showed me that he can't hold an entire album down without 3 Stacks...in terms of delivering CLASSIC material....he has more than made an above average effort right here but it's not anywhere near classic IMO

3.5 stars serves it real properly IMO!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 6:06 pm

Shutterbugg >>>>

Top 5 song of the year IMO.

I still got the album at 4 stars, but some of the guests on the album are ruining it's chance for long-lasting replay value for me. I suppose I disagree with Powell in one big way. Big Boi would have held this album better if he was the only rapper. Not counting choruses/guest vocalists/singers, the album would be served better without all the guest rappers. Shit would have been a lot better had it just been more Big Boi. My take anyway...

He definitely does not need Andre 3000 to shine. I think Big Boi would make the better solo between the two anyway (and has twice). He was always the best in the duo anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 6:30 pm

I disagree with Powell's take entirely. This album bangs hard and still gets mad spins from me. The weakest guest on the album is Gucci Mane, and even he's tolerable over that excellent production.

I also agree with Pounds in that he doesn't need Three Stacks to hold down an album. He proved that with Speakerboxxx which was much better than The Love Below, and he proved it again with Sir Lucious Left Foot. Don't get me wrong, I would have liked to have heard Andre on this album, but it's hella dope even without him.

This still sits at 4.5 stars for me, definitely among my Top 3 for 2010.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 7:01 pm

Powell thank you I was hoping I wasn't the only one...lol. I wouldn't say its a 3.5 but 3.75-4.0 seems high enough.

And I also feel Big Boi can hold his on on the solo tip its Dre who needs to show he can. But to many typical ass songs keeps this album from reaching its true mark.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 7:04 pm

The only tracks I don't dig are Follow Us and Be Still
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 8:29 pm

I still stand by my 4.5 rating as well. Big Boi doesn't need Dre to shine and vice versa, however, when they're together, they bring out the absolute best in each other.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 10:40 am

Wayne wrote:
I still stand by my 4.5 rating as well. Big Boi doesn't need Dre to shine and vice versa, however, when they're together, they bring out the absolute best in each other.

How so? Are you saying Andre has shined as a solo artist?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 11:05 am

Alan wrote:
Wayne wrote:

How so? Are you saying Andre has shined as a solo artist?

Dre hasn't shined as much, but he's done well enough on his own in certain cases. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010, 7:03 pm

If the Dre songs had made it on this album, it would be even better than what it is. However, Hustle Blood & Be Still are the only songs I don't really care for. So I will say a 4.5 for me.
Back to top Go down
boet
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
boet

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:04 pm

Couple o "nice" songs for me, nothing I myself will bump on the regular other than the odd add to a playlist frankly... Just not my cup of tea to use a sad ol cliche I spose. What stood out for me was the production, the samples and hooks were easy to njoy, not intricate but user friendly. I dunno how one could NOT njoy this but at the same time keep from giving it so much praise.

I njoyed speakerboxx ten times more, anyday. Whether or not its because dre had something to do with it (did he? Stand to be corr)

it gets a cool 73 out of a hundred for me. Above average commercial ?is it going a bit far calling it that? hip hop. Few standouts, just as many easy skips, a fukn tight intro followed by a screamer of an infectious track kinda set my hopes too high too early for me on this joint.

But definately a good sign of things to come when they do meet up once again. They are sadly on o those duos that will always sound better together than on their solo tip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:30 pm

Highsmith wrote:
If the Dre songs had made it on this album, it would be even better than what it is. However, Hustle Blood & Be Still are the only songs I don't really care for. So I will say a 4.5 for me.

I co-sign EVERY WORD of that Highsmith.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 8:39 pm

I dig Hustle Blood now so this is inching closer to 5 stars for me now.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 8:59 pm

I just listened to this again. Nothing in it for me, whatsoever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 9:08 pm

Shut up Joe. By the way i just got SCFB, i'm loving it so far, more than anything else i can think of (edit: so far this year.) I can tell i'm going to get my moneys worth with this one. Much easier to get into than the previous work. Has a "happier" sound, so much going on though, the beats are crazy
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 10:04 pm

Def 4.5 stars for me...now. I originally had this at 3.0 after the first few spins because I actually hated the production. I know. What the fuck was I thinking? The production is incredible to me now. After 5 spins I was really feelin every song except for Tangerine and Be Still. They're not terrible songs but I would rather skip to the good ones. "Fo Yo Sorrows" is top 5 songs of the year for me and I'm really feelin Hustle Blood. I know some of ya'll hate on that one and I can't see why, it's got a dope ass, smooth beat, Foxx laced it with excellent vocals and Big Boi ripped it as usual. And as a bonus (I dl'd my copy), I have the remix to Shine Blockas with Bun B and Project Pat, "Royal Flush" with 3 Stacks and Raekwon, and "Lookin 4 Ya" with 3 Stacks and Sleepy Brown. Had those songs replaced the ones I wasn't diggin this could have even got 4.75. Never a classic, though, IMO.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 10:46 pm

Love the album. 4.5'

Sir Lucious>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"Speakerboxxx"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:16 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
Love the album. 4.5'

Co-Sign
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 2:59 am

Royal Flush>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 3:26 am

Tangerine >>>>>>

fuck the hay-ters
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 7:53 am

Shaun wrote:
Royal Flush>>>>>>>
I like how Big Boi and Raekwon drop a verse each and then Dre kills it for 4 verses straight.
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 9:51 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
Love the album. 4.5'

Really? I would have to listen to the two back to back to make a clear decision. I can see where you are coming from though just going on memory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug 2010, 10:56 pm

Still a 4.5 album to me also.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 9:29 pm

I may have to eat some of my words on this album. Been bumping this album more lately, and simply can't get enough of it. Sure, there are about 4 clunkers on it for me (all in the middle, really), but the standouts make the album easily one of the year's best IMO. It's sad...I was almost ignoring a lot of the dopeness on the last 3rd of the album because of some tracks that I wasn't feeling. Shit like "Train, Pt. 2 (Sir Lucious Left Foot Saves the Day)" - damn! Maybe my favorite cut now. Perhaps the most standouts on any album I heard this year. It's the first album I've been able to appreciate mainstream qualities in, in a very long time. And Big Boi is in top fucking form all the way through! For some reason most of my friends dislike this album, but then say that bitch Eminem is making the best mainstream hip-hop nowadays. I need new fucking friends...

New ranking = 4.5 stars

I like it quite a bit more than Speakerboxxx
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 9:34 pm

what 4 clunkers are you referring to?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 9:44 pm

I have some beef with tracks 6-9. These tracks aren't really "clunkers" I guess...poor choice of words maybe, but I generally skip them. I don't really like General Patton at all. Production just isn't doing much for me. Tangerine just sort of bores me. You Ain't No DJ...another downer on the production side IMO. Hustle Blood is not doing anything for me either. But every song before those were killers from my first spin IMO. Then you hit "Be Still" on track 10 and it just saved the album for me. I love that shit. Fo Yo Sorrows, Night Night...even that track with Gucci Mane plays nice. Train Pt. 2 is my favorite album with Shutterbug, and Back Up Plan is dope too. I don't know what I'm not getting about that middle part of the album, but I'm just not feeling 'em...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 9:48 pm

damn General Patton is one of my favorites, and i like Tangerine, and You Aint No DJ, but i dont like Hustle Blood, other than that i like everything except Back Up Plan is only OK to me, and Theme Song (the first bonus track) is only OK as well
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 9:52 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
damn General Patton is one of my favorites, and i like Tangerine, and You Aint No DJ, but i dont like Hustle Blood, other than that i like everything except Back Up Plan is only OK to me, and Theme Song (the first bonus track) is only OK as well

Hmmm, I don't have bonus tracks. I must have got the cheap one. Back Up Plan is not a big standout either IMO, but I like it. General Patton is one of your favs? It's not the high hats (I like those), but the structure of the whole song annoys me....You Ain't No DJ shares it's company. Eh, they are not terrible...I actually feel Big Boi's rapping is killer on those as well....which is the reason I still give it the high rating.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 9:54 pm

Fo Yo Sorrows is one of my favorite songs this year. I can bump that all day and not get tired of it
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 11:17 pm

Wayne wrote:
Still a 4.5 album to me also.

Likewise, I played this the other day and my feelings remain the same. Right now it's no worse than my 3rd favorite album of the year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010, 12:11 am

I still say its a 3.75-4.0 album. And I agree with Alan about that middle. I think the entire trk listing could have been better.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010, 12:25 am

Fo Yo Sorrows and The Train Pt. 2 are def the best songs on that album, hard to say wich is better for me. I love the beat to Be Still but I just can't get into the female vocals...I'm starting to think I'm truly sexist when it comes to music. I find it odd that I'm the only one diggin Hustle Blood, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty   Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2