Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Wrestling Thread

Go down 
+4
boet
ACRID"
Haterex
Laced With Slang
8 posters
AuthorMessage

The Wrestling Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 11:38 am

I know KJ is a big wrestling fan and I am as well.

KJ: I know how you feel about major wrestling companies misusing black talent, and now that the whole Mike Hayes "n-word" controversy is over and the black wrestlers aren't getting pushed anymore, who do you see as the next hope? Clearly they're building MVP and Kofi Kingston for future main event status but Mark Henry and Ron Killings are back in the dog house (which is really unfortunate) and I don't see guys like Cryme Tyme or Ezekial Jackson getting a fair shot anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 11:39 am

Shan is a beast
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 11:40 am

Shad? From Cryme Tyme?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 11:46 am

yea Shad lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 11:51 am

You know it's funny you say that because WWE management is really high on JTG and not so much on Shad. If you ever watch their matches you'll see that JTG handles 75-90% of the workload in the ring and Shad usually comes in towards the end for a hot tag after JTG has been bruised up a bit then gets the win. This is done on purpose...which is too bad.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 11:53 am

wrestling is gay.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 11:55 am

im more of a casual watcher but i know a decent amount, when i was younger i was really into it, but whenever i see them fight i always think Shad looks like he should be the better one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 12:07 pm

wrestling is gay
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 12:08 pm

Steve...you know you loved wrestling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 12:16 pm

Wrestling was bomb back in the 80's when I was little! I remember a lot of the old stars:
Andre the Giant, Rick Flair, The Bushwackers, The British Bulldog, Mr Perfect, Macho Man Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan, and Scary Sherry. Those are a few names that come off the top of my head.

I can't say I've followed any of it since then.

Last edited by a.scott on Thu 11 Jun 2009, 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 12:37 pm

I've watched wrestling since I can remember.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 3:20 pm

a.scott wrote:
Wrestling was bomb back in the 80's when I was little! I remember a lot of the old stars:
Andre the Giant, Rick Flair, The Bushwackers, The British Bulldog, Mr Perfect, Macho Man Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan, and Scary Sherry. Those are a few names that come off the top of my head.

I can't say I've followed any of it since then.

Yeeeeah..I gotta co-sign this. As i grew older i kinda just left it back in the "toy box"(no affense to those who still dig it..really)-it wasn't even out of 'hate'...i just grew out of the storylines and the overall culture...i'll sit down for the occasional MMA fight, but at the end of the day, i love my boxing....
Back to top Go down
boet
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
boet

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 3:24 pm

Wwe is a soap opera more than anything... And soap operas are gay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 3:27 pm

Sir...I don't appreciate you in this forum at all very much. Show more respect to the moderators or get banned.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 3:34 pm

Fellas, picture this..youre with a girl, and youre about to invite her to...:

"Hey,(insert name), me and some friends are going to get together,order pizza, and watch Wrestlemania tonight, it'll be a good time,you wanna come?"

compared to.....

"Hey,(insert name), i was wondering if you wanted to come with me to my friends house to watch the Mayweather Jr./Marquez fight**, theirs going to be a few people there, it'll be a good time"

Last edited by acrid.one on Thu 11 Jun 2009, 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 3:37 pm

I think both are stupid to do with a girl, but nice try.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 3:41 pm

T. Myers wrote:

ehh...im just speaking from experience...ive been to parties where a hi-profile boxing match is playing, and everybody's watching, from the fine hunnies to the fat drunk dudes

...last time i went to a get together for a 'WWF Pay Per View Event, I was in the 8th grade, there was pepsi, pizza, and no girls
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 3:49 pm

Wrestling is 1000x gayer than Little Brother
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 3:50 pm

Just Like A. Scott, I was a fan way back. Went to a couple live shows at Arco Arena, I only remember one match off hand Macho Man/Honky Tonk Man Cage Match. I'll catch 15 minutes of RAW every now & then, but really just to laugh it's bad acting & obvious fakeness.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 3:56 pm

^
^
^
R.O.C- Where you from in Cali, i noticed the 805...Ventura/Oxnard?
Back to top Go down
boet
boet

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 4:01 pm

Lol...speaking of that marquez fight, did you see him put hatton on the floor, ha, lmao at that pommie.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 4:04 pm

Pismo Beach/SLO County, but when I was a kid I lived closer to Sacramento, Which is why I went to Arco. Ventura has themselves a start up serial killer right now they think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 9:00 pm

TNA >>>>>> WWE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 9:02 pm

N3R0 of 0nslaught3r wrote:
I know KJ is a big wrestling fan and I am as well.

KJ: I know how you feel about major wrestling companies misusing black talent, and now that the whole Mike Hayes "n-word" controversy is over and the black wrestlers aren't getting pushed anymore, who do you see as the next hope? Clearly they're building MVP and Kofi Kingston for future main event status but Mark Henry and Ron Killings are back in the dog house (which is really unfortunate) and I don't see guys like Cryme Tyme or Ezekial Jackson getting a fair shot anytime soon.

I agree with you on MVP and Kofi. I wish they'd push Shelton Benjamin though, he's easily WWE's best black wrestler and one of the best they've got PERIOD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 12:36 am

I'm really digging the Morrison/Benjamin fued but they're not making a story or anything out of it so unfortunately it's not going to help either of them in the long run. And from what I heard they stopped pushing Benjamin for the same reason they stop pushing MVP for a long time...they weren't listening to the agents.

And TNA is still wack to me, KJ. They're starting to make the same damn mistakes WCW did and they're going to pay for it in the long run. All it's going to take is a Samoa Joe or AJ Styles or Sabin or one of those original TNA dudes to go to WWE and it'll be over for TNA in no time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 6:20 pm

I'm really digging the Morrison/Benjamin fued but they're not making a story or anything out of it so unfortunately it's not going to help either of them in the long run. And from what I heard they stopped pushing Benjamin for the same reason they stop pushing MVP for a long time...they weren't listening to the agents.

And TNA is still wack to me, KJ. They're starting to make the same damn mistakes WCW did and they're going to pay for it in the long run. All it's going to take is a Samoa Joe or AJ Styles or Sabin or one of those original TNA dudes to go to WWE and it'll be over for TNA in no time.

I disagree ENTIRELY N3R0. While they aren't perfect, they put on far better wrestling matches on the regular. Christian went back to the WWE (albeit a HUGE mistake) and TNA's still awesome. Gail Kim, arguably their best female worker, went to WWE and TNA STILL has a better women's division overall.

I've heard both Joe and AJ say that they'd never sign with WWE anyway unless TNA folded, which WON'T happen. Neither of them likes Vince and the way he favors guys like Cena.

I don't see where WWE is better. TNA has better tag teams, more innovative matches, and a deeper talent roster. Joe, AJ, and Angle are better than ANYBODY on the WWE roster.

Say what you will about TNA, but at least people get pushes there. Who does WWE push besides Cena, HHH, Edge, Orton, or Batista? Edge and HHH are the only ones in that group with any talent.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 9:36 pm

I used to watch wrestling when The Rock was the shit, years ago...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 1:11 am

Mark Henry pinned Orton clean last night...and turned face. The crowd LOVED it. Go Henry, finally solidifying himself as a prime time player on a major show. He deserves it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 1:13 am

Oh and KJ you'll be pissed to notice tomorrow night they moved Shelton back to ECW. Leaves R-Truth without a fueding partner, too. That sucks.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 1:36 am

acrid.one wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

ehh...im just speaking from experience...ive been to parties where a hi-profile boxing match is playing, and everybody's watching, from the fine hunnies to the fat drunk dudes

...last time i went to a get together for a 'WWF Pay Per View Event, I was in the 8th grade, there was pepsi, pizza, and no girls

DAMnnnn man, that brings me back! I remember my parents and their friends would get together for the De La Hoya or Trinidad fight every now and then. Fuck yea everybody would watch that shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 2:10 am

And that PPV shit isn't true...In Iowa, at least. Hooters shows every PPV for every wrestling federation they get on every one of their tvs like it's a bowl game. And more than just the losers show up for it, trust me. Just like there are hot chicks attending Raw live on TV, there's hot chicks at a bar watching the PPV.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 10:05 am

^ yea most bars like Buffalo Wild Wings, Hooters, etc. show the PPV events here too
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 3:20 pm

You better recognize BWW, biiiiiiiitch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 3:24 pm

What? Why do you even check in on this thread?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 3:47 pm

I click every new thread so it isn't new anymore. And I saw that I posted on here so I wanted to see what I said.

BTW, BWW= Buffalo Wild Wings
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 6:06 pm

Mark Henry pinned Orton clean last night...and turned face. The crowd LOVED it. Go Henry, finally solidifying himself as a prime time player on a major show. He deserves it.

Fuck Mark Henry, they weren't cheering for him. They were only cheering because Orton's a fucking douchebag. If Evan Bourne would have beaten Orton, the roof would have came off the bitch.

I'm all about the advancement of black wrestlers, but Henry has no talent whatsoever. The only reason he still has a job is because of his size, and the discrimination he had to endure from Michael Hayes.

Someone like MVP or Kofi Kingston needs to be pushed to main event status. I'm seriously diggin Smackdown more than RAW right now. On RAW, it just seems that if your name isn't HHH, Cena, Orton, or Batista you're not getting a push. SD is at least trying to push people like John Morrison and Dolph Ziggler. Raw's just the same old cookie cutter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 1:06 am

I'll agree on that SD! over Raw part. SD! also has more depth on their roster. Personally, I like Mark Henry (talent or nay, I think he's a good guy that works harder than a lot of guys and tries to improve consistently) but I understand you not liking him. With Edge out for another 8-10 months it'll be interesting to see what WWE scrambles to do with the pretty pointless tag titles. They have like four teams in the entire wwe.

One thing I will say about TNA is that they do have light heavyweight, women's and tag divisions that put WWE to shame. Their gimmicks and writing are unwatchable IMO. The Joe swerve was pretty good though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009, 12:58 pm

Shaq did a GREAT job hosting Monday Night RAW last night Big Grin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009, 11:21 pm

Yeah he did. I was impressed. I was hoping he would help them put Cryme Tyme over but no such luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 3:12 pm

Yeah he did. I was impressed. I was hoping he would help them put Cryme Tyme over but no such luck.

Well at least they didn't job to Jericho & Show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2009, 12:02 am

True, it had a nice enough booking.

What was up with MVP jobbing to Swagger? That was some bullshit IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2009, 1:56 pm

True, it had a nice enough booking.

What was up with MVP jobbing to Swagger? That was some bullshit IMO.

You're still on that? That happened 3 weeks ago LOL!

I actually like Swagger though, he's one of the best heels they have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wrestling Thread   The Wrestling Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wrestling Thread
Page 1 of 1