Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Pro Wrestling thread

Go down 
+5
T. Myers
Esco
Myestro
Shaun
Deanie O'Banion
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

The Pro Wrestling thread Empty
PostSubject: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 6:25 pm

I had to do this one, since I'm a long time wrestling fan (specifically the WWF/E), and I still watch today, but not as often or as passionately since Shawn Michaels retired (the greatest wrestler of all time). So, with that said...

Post any and all of your wrestling related memories.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 6:37 pm

I could go on for days with this one.

But my fav memory was attending SummerSlam 91. It was there when I witnessed one of my all time favorite matches. Bret Hart vs Mr Perfect for the IC title. The rest of the card was pretty good overall as well.

For the record though, HBK is one of my Top 10 favs, but Bret is the GOAT IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 6:40 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:

But my fav memory was attending SummerSlam 91. It was there when I witnessed one of my all time favorite matches. Bret Hart vs Mr Perfect for the IC title. The rest of the card was pretty good overall as well.

That was a pretty good show (and I can go on for days regarding this topic also). I haven't seen it in a while. The only shows I've been to live, surprisingly, were:

a WCW house show in July 1997 @ Universal Studios)
WWE Raw, June 28, 2004 (my first real live show and also a birthday present to myself)
WWE Armageddon 2006
WWE Backlash 2008 (myself and "Mrs. Maye" attended that one together)

Also, HBK is my favorite of all time, Bret would probably be #3 for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:13 pm

Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

That was a pretty good show (and I can go on for days regarding this topic also). I haven't seen it in a while. The only shows I've been to live, surprisingly, were:

WWE Raw, June 28, 2004 (my first real live show and also a birthday present to myself)
WWE Armageddon 2006

I've been to a number of live shows. Most of which were RAW and Smackdown but I've also been to some WWE and WCW house shows and I went to Nitro once when they came to Hartford.

The only two PPV's I've ever been to were SummerSlam 91 and Survivor Series 2002, which featured the first ever Elimination Chamber match in which HBK won. That match was awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:15 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

WWE Armageddon 2006

I've been to a number of live shows. Most of which were RAW and Smackdown but I've also been to some WWE and WCW house shows and I went to Nitro once when they came to Hartford.

The only two PPV's I've ever been to were SummerSlam 91 and Survivor Series 2002, which featured the first ever Elimination Chamber match in which HBK won. That match was awesome.

I never attended a Smackdown show live. How was it in MSG?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:22 pm

Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

WWE Armageddon 2006

MSG is AWESOME!!! I've been to many wrestling shows there, as well as concerts and Knicks games. I'm going to Smackdown on November 2nd when they come to Bridgeport.

Who's your #2 wrestler of all time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:25 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

WWE Armageddon 2006

MSG is AWESOME!!! I've been to many wrestling shows there, as well as concerts and Knicks games. I'm going to Smackdown on November 2nd when they come to Bridgeport.

I hope to go to MSG one day.

My #2 favorite wrestler of all time, even though he's in TNA Shaking My Head is Ric Flair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:32 pm

Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

WWE Armageddon 2006

My #2 favorite wrestler of all time, even though he's in TNA Shaking My Head is Ric Flair.

I like TNA personally. They've got a lot of talent there, they just need better booking. Flair should have just retired, he's way past his prime now. He's probably 4th or so for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:37 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

WWE Armageddon 2006

I like TNA personally. They've got a lot of talent there, they just need better booking. Flair should have just retired, he's way past his prime now. He's probably 4th or so for me.

I just simply don't like TNA man. Not because they're trying to "challenge" WWE, but each and every time I've tried to watch their product, I wasn't impressed, and I watched it objectively. I think Undertaker is #4 for me.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:38 pm

Big time L.O.D./Road Warriors fan. Went to Wrestle Mania in LA when I was 12, right around the time I was growing out of it, but it was still hella cool. It was suppose to be at the Colliseum, but last minute they changed it to the Sports Arena. I also saw one other live show I think it was called Main Event, at Arco Arena, Macho Man Vs. Honky Tonk Man cage match was good. I always rooted for the bad guy, even Nikoli Volkov & Iron Sheik.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:40 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Big time L.O.D./Road Warriors fan. Went to Wrestle Mania in LA when I was 12, right around the time I was growing out of it, but it was still hella cool. It was suppose to be at the Colliseum, but last minute they changed it to the Sports Arena. I also saw one other live show I think it was called Main Event, at Arco Arena, Macho Man Vs. Honky Tonk Man cage match was good. I always rooted for the bad guy, even Nikoli Volkov & Iron Sheik.

I always liked LOD also, one of the all time great tag teams. And the Wrestlemania you went to was Wrestlemania 7, which featured that classic Savage vs. Warrior match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:41 pm

Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

WWE Armageddon 2006

I just simply don't like TNA man. Not because they're trying to "challenge" WWE, but each and every time I've tried to watch their product, I wasn't impressed, and I watched it objectively. I think Undertaker is #4 for me.

Have you watched it more than a couple of times? I started watching back in 2006. While it's not as good now as it was back then I still think it's dope. Talent wise it's far better than WWE.

WWE just doesn't know how to push people anymore. They've always kinda had an issue with that but it's been worse than ever the last several years. I'd much rather watch Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, or Samoa Joe than anyone in WWE right now. They also have better tag teams and women.

Kurt Angle is my 2nd fav wrestler of all time, 3rd is probably Ricky Steamboat.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:42 pm

Yep that's it, but the posters all had Hulk Vs. Slaughter because of Desert Storm propaganda.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:45 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

WWE Armageddon 2006

Have you watched it more than a couple of times? I started watching back in 2006. While it's not as good now as it was back then I still think it's dope. Talent wise it's far better than WWE.

WWE just doesn't know how to push people anymore. They've always kinda had an issue with that but it's been worse than ever the last several years. I'd much rather watch Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, or Samoa Joe than anyone in WWE right now. They also have better tag teams and women.

I've watched more than a couple of times, still didn't like it, lol. They DO have a good roster of talent, but, it's not my cup of tea, lol. WWE does have an issue of pushing people, and even I would admit that over the last several years it has been the SAME guys on top. I kind of would like to see Angle back in WWE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:46 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Yep that's it, but the posters all had Hulk Vs. Slaughter because of Desert Storm propaganda.

Yeah, Hulk and Slaughter went at it in the main event of SS 91, Hogan teamed with the Ultimate Warrior vs. Slaughter, Iron Shiek (who then went by Col Mustafa) and General Adnan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:46 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:

That Desert Storm angle, in certain ways, still has people talking because of the controversial nature of it at the time in 1991.
Back to top Go down

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
RompedOutCutthoat wrote:

Yeah, Hulk and Slaughter went at it in the main event of SS 91, Hogan teamed with the Ultimate Warrior vs. Slaughter, Iron Shiek (who then went by Col Mustafa) and General Adnan.

And Warrior ran back to the dressing room, didn't see him again til Wrestlemania 8.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:49 pm

Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

WWE Armageddon 2006

I've watched more than a couple of times, still didn't like it, lol. They DO have a good roster of talent, but, it's not my cup of tea, lol. WWE does have an issue of pushing people, and even I would admit that over the last several years it has been the SAME guys on top. I kind of would like to see Angle back in WWE.

I don't think Kurt would go back to WWE, he didn't like the travel schedule and he didn't like the way Vince treated him during the end of his WWE stint. Vince can be a real dick sometimes. Besides, they'd probably job him to guys less talented like Cena and Orton. I like Orton but he ain't fuckin with Angle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:51 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

WWE Armageddon 2006

I don't think Kurt would go back to WWE, he didn't like the travel schedule and he didn't like the way Vince treated him during the end of his WWE stint. Vince can be a real dick sometimes. Besides, they'd probably job him to guys less talented like Cena and Orton. I like Orton but he ain't fuckin with Angle.

Then again, he has practically faced everyone there, including Cena and Orton. Vince can be a little different at times, but I have lots of respect for him. Did you watch the original ECW back in the day?
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:53 pm

KJ what's that high flying dude that paints his face's name in TNA he's dope?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:54 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:

Jeff Hardy? Yeah he's dope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:56 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
RompedOutCutthoat wrote:

I shook my head when I saw Jeff Hardy return to TNA on Jan 4th (I did watch the first hour of that Impact show, then flipped the channel when Raw came on).
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:58 pm

Jeff Hardy, ya that dude could give 2 shits about his bodies safety, he is indeed dope.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:59 pm

N3R0 is going to be upset that he missed so much wrassslin' talk while he was gone
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:59 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Jeff Hardy, ya that dude could give 2 shits about his bodies safety, he is indeed dope.

You're right about that. Can't say too much about his brother nowadays.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 8:00 pm

Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
RompedOutCutthoat wrote:

I shook my head when I saw Jeff Hardy return to TNA on Jan 4th (I did watch the first hour of that Impact show, then flipped the channel when Raw came on).

Impact was WAYYYY BETTER than Raw on Jan 4th. They had a classic AJ Styles/Kurt Angle main event, whereas Raw had Vince kick Bret in the nuts on it's final segment.

As for Hardy, I can't blame him for leaving. He would have been fired anyway for violating the Wellness Policy for a 3rd time because he has a court case pending. Matt Hardy reportedly will sign with TNA too when his WWE contract expires.

Hardys vs Motor City Machine Guns>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 8:01 pm

Shaun wrote:
N3R0 is going to be upset that he missed so much wrassslin' talk while he was gone

Nah, this thread will be open for him when he comes back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 8:02 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
RompedOutCutthoat wrote:

Impact was WAYYYY BETTER than Raw on Jan 4th. They had a classic AJ Styles/Kurt Angle main event, whereas Raw had Vince kick Bret in the nuts on it's final segment.

As for Hardy, I can't blame him for leaving. He would have been fired anyway for violating the Wellness Policy for a 3rd time because he has a court case pending. Matt Hardy reportedly will sign with TNA too when his WWE contract expires.

Hardys vs Motor City Machine Guns>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I wouldn't be surprised if Matt does go to TNA. Just what they need, more WWE alumni. I heard good things about the Styles vs. Angle match, but didn't see it. I like MCMG, based on what I've seen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 8:02 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Nah, this thread will be open for him when he comes back.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 1:28 am

I've attended several house shows live, and a few RAW tapings, all in Utica or Syracuse.

Also got to see Angle beat The Rock for the belt at No Mercy in Albany. That was awesome! I bought an Angle shirt when we got there, and was one of the few cheering for him when the match started. By the end, the crowd was firmly behind Angle. It was the same scenario that Cena goes through now. The younger fans love him, but people are sick of him being the top dog. So, everyone wanted a change, and got behind Angle.

Also, like him or not, when Cena's music hits...whatever arena it is just explodes. It's amazing. I was impressed at the "Supershow" they did at the Carrier Dome.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 1:34 am

I remember I decided to watch Smackdown a year ago and I hadn't watched it since I was like 12. Too unrealistic to even watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 1:38 am

Myestro wrote:
I've attended several house shows live, and a few RAW tapings, all in Utica or Syracuse.

Also got to see Angle beat The Rock for the belt at No Mercy in Albany. That was awesome! I bought an Angle shirt when we got there, and was one of the few cheering for him when the match started. By the end, the crowd was firmly behind Angle. It was the same scenario that Cena goes through now. The younger fans love him, but people are sick of him being the top dog. So, everyone wanted a change, and got behind Angle.

Also, like him or not, when Cena's music hits...whatever arena it is just explodes. It's amazing. I was impressed at the "Supershow" they did at the Carrier Dome.

I love Angle, always have. Can't stand Cena though.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 1:40 am

I've been to 4 PPV events.

I attended 3 Starrcade PPV's, and the In Your House PPV where Shawn Michaels won the IC title from Jeff Jarrett.

Bret Hart is my favorite wrestler

KJ, The Bret Hart/Mr. Perfect match for the IC title at Summerslam is one of my favorite matches of all time.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 1:40 am

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Myestro wrote:

I love Angle, always have. Can't stand Cena though.

Angle is my GOAT/favorite wrestler. And yeah, I'm not a Cena fan either. But being in the crowd, it's really impressive at the reaction he gets.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 1:43 am

Another memory I have is...

We used to all gather at a friend's house to watch RAW/Nitro and PPV's. We'd hang out, watch the show, shoot the shit and all that. But it seems like every time one of us came up with an idea, we'd see it on TV a few weeks later.

The one that most readily comes to mind was when one of us said "it would be awesome to have a couch set up in the front row, so we could lounge at watch the show". A few weeks later, the Mean Street Posse did exactly that. We still swear that they had the place bugged.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 1:51 am

Esco wrote:
I remember I decided to watch Smackdown a year ago and I hadn't watched it since I was like 12. Too unrealistic to even watch.

I think they do a good job of making it look real even though most of it is chorographed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 1:52 am

T. Myers wrote:

I attended 3 Starrcade PPV's, and the In Your House PPV where Shawn Michaels won the IC title from Jeff Jarrett.

KJ, The Bret Hart/Mr. Perfect match for the IC title at Summerslam is one of my favorite matches of all time.

Likewise on the last two statements Terry. Did you go to the Flair/Vader Starrcade?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 1:59 am

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Likewise on the last two statements Terry. Did you go to the Flair/Vader Starrcade?

Nah, the first one had a Hogan/The Butcher main event. The 2nd was the New Japan tournament. The last was Piper/Hogan main event.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 2:01 am

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Nah, the first one had a Hogan/The Butcher main event. The 2nd was the New Japan tournament. The last was Piper/Hogan main event.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 2:10 am

T. Myers wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

The New Japan Tourney was dope, I remember that one. Hogan/Beefcake sucked, Piper/Hogan was average but the card overall was decent.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 2:15 am

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

The New Japan Tourney was dope, I remember that one. Hogan/Beefcake sucked, Piper/Hogan was average but the card overall was decent.

Yeah, The New Japan tourney was my favorite of the 3. The tourney was dope, and Flair won the title that night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 2:24 am

T. Myers wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Yeah, The New Japan tourney was my favorite of the 3. The tourney was dope, and Flair won the title that night.

Yeah I remember that, he won it against Macho Man when the Horsemen interfered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 9:46 am

Esco wrote:

Do you recall anything that happened on that show?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 9:47 am

T. Myers wrote:

That Michaels vs. Jarrett match was one of the best matches in 1995. Bret's match with Perfect is a personal favorite of mine also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 9:49 am

Myestro wrote:
Another memory I have is...

We used to all gather at a friend's house to watch RAW/Nitro and PPV's. We'd hang out, watch the show, shoot the shit and all that. But it seems like every time one of us came up with an idea, we'd see it on TV a few weeks later.

The one that most readily comes to mind was when one of us said "it would be awesome to have a couch set up in the front row, so we could lounge at watch the show". A few weeks later, the Mean Street Posse did exactly that. We still swear that they had the place bugged.

The Monday Night War era was a tremendous time to be a wrestling fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 9:50 am

T. Myers wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Ok, so 94, 95, and 96. I seen a few matches from the 95 and 96 events, but never seen the entire shows. I decided to stay away from the 94 version, lol.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 10:20 am

disappointed KJ, Kurt Angle is probably my LEAST favorite wrestler of all time lol

the only wrestling event ive been to was Summerslam 93 - i was only like 5 1/2 at the time though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 10:24 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
disappointed KJ, Kurt Angle is probably my LEAST favorite wrestler of all time lol

the only wrestling event ive been to was Summerslam 93 - i was only like 5 1/2 at the time though

I saw that event on PPV when it aired.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 12:33 pm

Yeah, i wasn't a huge fan of Summerslam 93. The Luger/Yokozuna main event was lame, but it did set up Royal Rumble 94 and Wrestlemania X. I guess it all worked out in the end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 12:35 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Yeah, i wasn't a huge fan of Summerslam 93. The Luger/Yokozuna main event was lame, but it did set up Royal Rumble 94 and Wrestlemania X. I guess it all worked out in the end.

It sure did. Worked out WELL for Bret, not so well for Lex Luger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pro Wrestling thread   The Pro Wrestling thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Pro Wrestling thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next