Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Media: Gift or Curse

Go down 
+5
ACRID"
Shaun
Esco
Dang! Trotter
TheHazardous
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

New Media: Gift or Curse Empty
PostSubject: New Media: Gift or Curse   New Media: Gift or Curse Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 7:24 pm

Do you feel facebook/myspace, youtube, twitter, reality shows helps or hurts the music industry more?
You can hear more people but most of it's crap.
Everybody seems to be letting out their business a little too damn much. What do you think?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Media: Gift or Curse   New Media: Gift or Curse Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 8:33 pm

I think it's a gift, especially to aspiring artists who are trying to get their name on the map.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: New Media: Gift or Curse   New Media: Gift or Curse Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 9:39 pm

Naw, technology period have made are minds slow. Back in the day a rapper simply got off his ass to network. Relying on new media to do the work for you could hold you back. Sure people get better exposure but that doesn't generate interest. Overall Im tiredof all this tweeting and facebooking. Look how music deteriated during the new media age.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: New Media: Gift or Curse   New Media: Gift or Curse Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 12:27 am

Personally, it makes me respect artists who came up before the internet a lot more. Probably cause I'm young but unless you were a dope MC or had good connects, I'd see it being hard as hell to make it pre myspace, facebook, youtube era.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Media: Gift or Curse   New Media: Gift or Curse Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 12:30 am

Esco wrote:
Personally, it makes me respect artists who came up before the internet a lot more. Probably cause I'm young but unless you were a dope MC or had good connects, I'd see it being hard as hell to make it pre myspace, facebook, youtube era.

Spoken like a true student of the game.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: New Media: Gift or Curse   New Media: Gift or Curse Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 1:30 am

I can't tell if you're being a dick or not.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: New Media: Gift or Curse   New Media: Gift or Curse Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 2:30 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Naw, technology period have made are minds slow. Back in the day a rapper simply got off his ass to network. Relying on new media to do the work for you could hold you back. Sure people get better exposure but that doesn't generate interest. Overall Im tiredof all this tweeting and facebooking. Look how music deteriated during the new media age.

for sure...at the same time- its a marketing dream for up-n-comers..

with excess comes wack shit, and theirs plenty of it, but im sure theirs plenty of stories out there about social networking playing a major part in one's success. WE ARE ON A SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE AS WE SPEAK(well, type), people..remember that....

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: New Media: Gift or Curse   New Media: Gift or Curse Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 3:49 pm

This system puts more control in the hands of the fans. It completely third party approval before an artist can be nationally visible.

I wonder how K-Rino feels about the situation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Media: Gift or Curse   New Media: Gift or Curse Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 3:58 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
This system puts more control in the hands of the fans. It completely third party approval before an artist can be nationally visible.

I wonder how K-Rino feels about the situation.

You could just ask him, he'd probably give you an answer. I think his career really got a second wind in the 2000s because of it so generally he would be favorable towards it.

I could also point you to this wonderful interview with K-Rino that touches on some of that:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: New Media: Gift or Curse   New Media: Gift or Curse Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 4:22 pm

Yeah, it was rhetorical...I figured he'd approve.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: New Media: Gift or Curse   New Media: Gift or Curse Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 8:51 pm

The sad thing is if an artist hasn't put a new song on Myspace, Youtube or whatever people will think they;re dormant and not working. I just found out Tommy Gunn released the Nickel Bag on CD with some added songs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Media: Gift or Curse   New Media: Gift or Curse Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 8:54 pm

Word? when and where? We need a Penny Thoughts re-release.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: New Media: Gift or Curse   New Media: Gift or Curse Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 9:06 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Yeah, Grimm needs to re-release Megalon's and Rodan's albums. I think both dropped on his Day By Day label, right?
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: New Media: Gift or Curse   New Media: Gift or Curse Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jul 2010, 1:44 am

Dang! Trotter wrote:
The sad thing is if an artist hasn't put a new song on Myspace, Youtube or whatever people will think they;re dormant and not working. I just found out Tommy Gunn released the Nickel Bag on CD with some added songs

So....any word on where to cop Nickel Bag???
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: New Media: Gift or Curse   New Media: Gift or Curse Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010, 9:21 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Yeah, Grimm needs to re-release Megalon's and Rodan's albums. I think both dropped on his Day By Day label, right?

Yeah but you gotta wonder though in an age where its so relatively easy to put out music on the internet, why haven't these two been more prolific? Especially with their underground exposure from being associated with DOOM and Grimm at one point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Media: Gift or Curse   New Media: Gift or Curse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Media: Gift or Curse
Page 1 of 1