Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74

Go down 
+6
Esco
Highsmith
Justin Linker
T. Myers
D.Powell
Laced With Slang
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

?
top 25
Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Vote_lcap0%Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
top 50
Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Vote_lcap17%Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
neither
Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Vote_lcap83%Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Vote_rcap
 83% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Empty
PostSubject: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74   Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 6:01 pm

Just Ice - Back to the Old School

Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 200px-BackToTheOldSchool
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74   Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 6:15 pm

Cold Gettin' Dumb gets this one in by itself....Just-Ice (on the lyrics) and Mantronix (on the beats) just completely killed this shit...early hip-hop at it's realest

top 50!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74   Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 6:39 pm

Neither
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74   Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 6:43 pm

neither
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74   Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 7:17 pm

Classic album but the East is too deep so I'm gonna have to neither it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74   Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 7:42 pm

Neither

Willie D>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74   Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 8:03 pm

Gotta go neither on this one.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74   Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 8:04 pm

I need to listen again
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74   Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 8:28 pm

Get Outta Here with the Willie D comparisons Kev, he ain't fuckin with Just Ice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74   Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 8:30 pm

OK, now here there is some argument to be made. I love Just Ice as much as the next man, but his style is primitive next to willie D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74   Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 8:36 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
OK, now here there is some argument to be made. I love Just Ice as much as the next man, but his style is primitive next to willie D

Willie ain't never dropped a classic like this though. He'd make Willie read HIS Nikes!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74   Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 8:37 pm

that's very debatable. This dropped at a time with very little competition and it is a very obscure classic. Willie D probably has more fans than Just Ice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74   Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 8:53 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Willie ain't never dropped a classic like this though. He'd make Willie read HIS Nikes!

See the above is the reason your's, Powell's, Wayne's and Highsmith's opinions on Willie D are wiped off the record books by me. There's nothing objective or remotely fairly looked at when you guys respond on him are select other artist outside that east box you guys live in. I respect you guys hip hop knowledge on other things but on this its really no point in saying anything. In you guys eyes no one outside the east region can compare to the royalty from there.

Now SRP on the other hand I know he is looking at it from a very informed point of view. So debating with him about who Willie D is better than is fun and cool because he actually digs a lot of Willie D.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74   Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 8:54 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
that's very debatable. This dropped at a time with very little competition and it is a very obscure classic. Willie D probably has more fans than Just Ice.

Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer had a bunch of fans so what does that mean???

Willie Damn D is NOT fuckin with Just-Ice...lyrically....flow wise......cadence.....voice...NOTHING..no way...no how, sorry Pedro!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74   Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 8:58 pm

It matters to the point if you claim Just Ice dropped a classic and nobody heard it and Willie D has dropped classics that nobody heard then both emcees are on the same footing.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74   Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 9:00 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

See the above is the reason your's, Powell's, Wayne's and Highsmith's opinions on Willie D are wiped off the record books by me. There's nothing objective or remotely fairly looked at when you guys respond on him are select other artist outside that east box you guys live in. I respect you guys hip hop knowledge on other things but on this its really no point in saying anything. In you guys eyes no one outside the east region can compare to the royalty from there.

Now SRP on the other hand I know he is looking at it from a very informed point of view. So debating with him about who Willie D is better than is fun and cool because he actually digs a lot of Willie D.

Oh Kev, shut up man...your sore about that damn Wil-lay Damn D again....I have always thought dude was wick wick WACK.....to me he has little to no lyrical skills whatsoever....I'm all for learning new stuff like the way you introduced me to Field Mob whom I also thought was wack until I really listened to their stuff...but Wil-lay is going to always be stuck in the wack zone for me personally man!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74   Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 9:03 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
It matters to the point if you claim Just Ice dropped a classic and nobody heard it and Willie D has dropped classics that nobody heard then both emcees are on the same footing.

Wil-lay hasn't dropped any classics yet IMO because he is WACK, and they are hardly on the same damn footing IMO....as far you knowing what competition was available in 1986....how in the fuck would you know that Pedro?? where you even born yet?? how old where you in 1986 man 3 or 4 years old??? so how can you speak as a "rap pro" about what competition Just-Ice had when he released this album??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74   Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 9:06 pm

I can speak from a better perspective on all this having heard Willie D's best solo albums and Just Ice's solos. Controversy dropped in 1989. 3 years don't make that much of a difference. I know you ain't heard any willie d solos so this whole convo is pointless.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74   Top 50 Albums by Region: East Day 74 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 9:11 pm