Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 6:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 6:22 pm

lol at putting a burger between two Eggo waffles
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 6:25 pm

That shit sounds delicious. Priest is more relevant to me than Gza...just sayin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 8:11 pm

LOL, why do rappers always feel the need to make sequels to classic albums????

Don't get me wrong, I'll buy Liquid Swords 2 and probably Heavy Mental 2 as well, but not once has the sequel been as good as the original, and I don't see it happening in the case of these two albums either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 8:11 pm

I feel GZA can pull it off with Liquid Swords 2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 8:16 pm

Wayne wrote:

The only chance he has of pulling it off is with RZA producing the entire album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 8:18 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Wayne wrote:

The only chance he has of pulling it off is with RZA producing the entire album.

Got a point here.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 8:19 pm

Either one could with Blue Sky Black Death, Stoupe, or even Snowgoons.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 8:21 pm

Those are the producers carrying RZAs work into the future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 8:25 pm

I wouldn't have a problem if he got 4th Disciple, True Master, and Mathematics for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 8:25 pm

[quote="Wayne"]I wouldn't have a problem if he got 4th Disciple, True Master, and Mathematics for it.[/quote]

[b] Cosign. [/b] hahaha for real
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 8:38 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
LOL, why do rappers always feel the need to make sequels to classic albums????

Don't get me wrong, I'll buy Liquid Swords 2 and probably Heavy Mental 2 as well, but not once has the sequel been as good as the original, and I don't see it happening in the case of these two albums either.

i see your point but i really dont think naming it as a sequel tarnishes the reputation of the previous album. I mean, back in the 60s and 70's musical acts used to name their albums I, II, III, etc., at least they put names in front of them now
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 8:38 pm

RZA is producing LS2 in its entirety supposedly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 8:39 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
RZA is producing LS2 in its entirety supposedly

That's good news.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 8:44 pm

Really? When's the last time he came close to the first wave?
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeSun 01 Aug 2010, 9:15 pm

Even if RZA produces the entire album, it won't be on the same level as the first. RZA still has it in him, but not entirely to redo LS
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 8:32 am

First of all, it is completely unreasonable to expect that this album will reach the level of LS. It is unreasonable to expect that any hip hop album released nowadays will reach the level of LS. With that in mind, this could be a great album, especially if RZA is fully behind this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:37 am

halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:
First of all, it is completely unreasonable to expect that this album will reach the level of LS. It is unreasonable to expect that any hip hop album released nowadays will reach the level of LS. With that in mind, this could be a great album, especially if RZA is fully behind this.

Again, show me an album Rza has produced in it's entirety in the last 10 years that can compete with the first wave of Wu albums in the 90's. I would be more excited if Swizz Beatz was producing this (ok, not really, but you should get my point here).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:38 am

Nemo, he admitted nothing is fucking with that erra, but still thinks RZA doing an album it could be great.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:40 am

Nemo Nobody wrote:
halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:

Again, show me an album Rza has produced in it's entirety in the last 10 years that can compete with the first wave of Wu albums in the 90's. I would be more excited if Swizz Beatz was producing this (ok, not really, but you should get my point here).

Lol I can't show you that....never said I could. I agree with your point. I think RZA could do something pretty damn nice with this though. But Wu-Tang will never reach the heights they reached in the early 90s. I don't think anyone on here thinks that way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:41 am

Yeah I'm not expecting LS2 to be as good as the original, but with RZA handling the production I'm sure it'll be at least 4.25-4.5 stars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 12:04 pm

Again, everybody's saying "Rza's not where he was 15 years ago" then saying "but with Rza on here it should be almost classic, just not as classic"...doesn't make sense to me.

It's all good though, cautious optimism, I get it. Just seems contradictory to me.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 12:10 pm

Nemo Nobody wrote:
Again, everybody's saying "Rza's not where he was 15 years ago" then saying "but with Rza on here it should be almost classic, just not as classic"...doesn't make sense to me.

It's all good though, cautious optimism, I get it. Just seems contradictory to me.

When you put it that way, I get where you are coming from. But at the same time, I can't imagine anyone but RZA being associated with Liquid Swords...unless Oktopus wanted to produce it lol. That would kill GZA's rep but I would probably love it.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 7:39 pm

Rza hasnt really fuclly produced an album in the last 10 years besides his solos and 8 Diagrams. 8 Diagrams he took in a completely diff direction but if you look at the tracks on the members solo albums produced by Rza most of them are standouts, lets have a look:

Pretty Toney Album:
Run
Kunta Fly Shit (short but dope)

OBFCL 2:
Black Mozart
New Wu (2 of the best tracks)

4:21 The Day After - literally the Rza tracks are some of the only ones with great replay value:
Presidential MC (classic)
The Intro (ill as fuck)
The Glide
Konichiwa Bitches
4:20
--all 4 of those are some of the better beats

The Afro Samurai soundtrack is really fucking dope

Tical 0:
The Turn - one of the only good tracks

No Said Date:
No Said Date
Old Man School
^^ all good songs, the title track is classic

Pro Tools:
Life is a Movie - love the drums on this

Wu Massacre:
Our Dreams

Bulletproof Wallets:
Maxine
Flowers - the Og version is classic
Walking through the darkness

Supreme Clientele:
The Grain
Buck 50
Stroke of Death
Childs Play

he also produced "The Weeping Tiger" off Cilvaringz' I, and thats one of my favorite beat of the last 5+ years

and he produced "State of Grace" by Raekwon...one of the best Wu tracks, like, ever

if he comes at the same level as all those songs the album will be a banger at the least
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 7:41 pm

"he also produced "The Weeping Tiger" off Cilvaringz' I, and thats one of my favorite beat of the last 5+ years"

One of the best Wu Tracks, like, ever
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 7:47 pm

Damn, Slang...

That list does look promising. But, I'd still rather hear BSBD do that shit.

Have you heard the Dysposable Heroes mashup, Genius vs Genius?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 7:49 pm

Nemo Nobody wrote:

I don't necessarily think that RZA's fallen off, I just think that albums like Liquid Swords are hard acts to follow. That said, I still believe that Wu-Tang MC's have a better chance of making classic to near classic albums with him than without him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 10:09 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Nemo Nobody wrote:

I don't necessarily think that RZA's fallen off, I just think that albums like Liquid Swords are hard acts to follow. That said, I still believe that Wu-Tang MC's have a better chance of making classic to near classic albums with him than without him.

That makes a lot of sense to me. Their chemistry is undeniable. And Slang, seriously, you named like 15 beats...you're telling me Swizz Beatz hasn't had 15 dope beats in the same amount of time? That list means nothing in terms of making a dope nearly classic album.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:00 pm

Nemo Nobody wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Nemo Nobody wrote:

That makes a lot of sense to me. Their chemistry is undeniable. And Slang, seriously, you named like 15 beats...you're telling me Swizz Beatz hasn't had 15 dope beats in the same amount of time? That list means nothing in terms of making a dope nearly classic album.

well in my (and many fans) opinion(s) the best tracks on Wu solo albums have many times been Rza produced tracks, the assumption is he can carry that heat over for the majority of an album (see Afro Samurai)
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:01 pm

and Swizz beats 15 best beats from recent years couldnt touch most of Rza's i listed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:03 pm

That's an OPINION, Slang. You really need to let go of the bias. KJ had a valid point but listing 15 beats doesn't mean ish.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:04 pm

Nemo Nobody wrote:
That's an OPINION, Slang. You really need to let go of the bias. KJ had a valid point but listing 15 beats doesn't mean ish.

i dont see how after seeing that the Rza songs are almost always the best on the solos why a whole album produced by him would ever be a bad thing. Theres no one that knows the MCs in Wu better than him, the chemistry will be there.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:05 pm

Blue Sky Black Death
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:10 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Blue Sky Black Death

lol you cant stop mentioning them can you. on Liquid Swords 2 id rather have Rza produce, but id like to see BSBD do an album with Gza, i think Masta Killa or even Rza would sound really dope doing an album with BSBD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:10 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Nemo Nobody wrote:

i dont see how after seeing that the Rza songs are almost always the best on the solos why a whole album produced by him would ever be a bad thing. Theres no one that knows the MCs in Wu better than him, the chemistry will be there.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm saying there's no guarentee a guy can produce a whole album based on two tracks, when his track record of doing so was about 15 years ago. Marley Marl could do two dope beats for a Masta Ace album this year...should he produce a whole juice crew album? No.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:13 pm

Well, now I see where Slang is coming from. It wouldn't be Juice Crew without Marley...and RZA was as integral to LS as GZA.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:15 pm

Blue Sky Black Death
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:16 pm

Nemo Nobody wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Nemo Nobody wrote:

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm saying there's no guarentee a guy can produce a whole album based on two tracks, when his track record of doing so was about 15 years ago. Marley Marl could do two dope beats for a Masta Ace album this year...should he produce a whole juice crew album? No.

Rza is capable of producing an entire album, the Afro Samurais proved that, the first one is 4.25-4.5, in your rating scale that would translate to 4.75-5 lol. You cant say he cant produce entire albums because he hasnt in a while besides those and 8 Diagrams (which he was experimenting with different things). If you lock this guy in the studio with Gza im sure the best will come out of him.

i really hope your not questioning his ability to produce an entire hip hop album, hes proved time and time again thats what he specializes in, and i dont buy the Marley Marl comparisons. Premo and Pete Rock are still capable of prducing albums, and i feel Rza has aged better than them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:18 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Well, now I see where Slang is coming from. It wouldn't be Juice Crew without Marley...and RZA was as integral to LS as GZA.

I get that, I'm re-iterating my point that people are saying this should be dope but not as dope as the earlier stuff when really they're basing that opinion on 2 tracks max off of 10 different cds in 5 years. Not a great track record to prove anything IMO. I keep expectations low...ya'll can be disapointed. Oh, that's right, you'll just pretend it's amazing like everything else Wu does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:18 pm

Wu hater ^^^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:19 pm

<---------Objective listener
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:20 pm

Nemo Nobody wrote:

im sorry but you cant call yourself objective if you consider Haystak and King Sandman as having classic albums
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:21 pm

Pro Tools, Supreme Clientelle, OB4CL2, Fishscale BDR, Beneath the Surface (if post-2k), No Said Date, Dopium, etc.... not gaay
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:23 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Nemo Nobody wrote:

im sorry but you cant call yourself objective if you consider Haystak and King Sandman as having classic albums

There's the asshole. I knew it'd come out. What do Sandman and Haystak (neither of which you've listened to) have anything to do with this thread, KJ?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:23 pm

Nemo Nobody wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Nemo Nobody wrote:

There's the asshole. I knew it'd come out. What do Sandman and Haystak (neither of which you've listened to) have anything to do with this thread, KJ?

dont call yourself objective then, thats all im saying
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:29 pm

You responded to nothing. Good one again, KJ.

If you're gonna discuss, discuss, otherwise admit you're out of your league or don't post anything.

A) What do Haystak and Sandman have to do with this thread?

B) How is producing two dope songs on an album an immediate qualifier for a near classic album? Give me an example of some one 10 years out of their prime still producing dope albums to this day. And don't give me Dre, Timbo, Neptunes, whatever, because you've said they've all fallen off. And Primo and Pete Rock producing FULL dope albums? Where? Blaqprint? No thank you.

C) You calling me out for being biased in a Wu thread, then throwing some shit I listen to in the discussion is ridiculous and childish. Admit you're a nut hugger, admit you have no base to bring other shit up into this...or lose any points you think you've won in the discussion. Me NOT liking Wu gives me a better perspective than some one who does. Period. Only Kool John disagrees. If Linker liked an album by Haystak you hadn't heard, you'd be more likely to take his word than mine, right? Because you don't think of him as a "stan". Exactly.

Prove your case.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:38 pm

A) I consider myself an objective listener (of Wu) and give criticism where criticism is due. Ive said bad things about a lot of wu projects (Big doe Rehab, Digi Snacks, Lex Diamonds) ive even criticized albums i like much more than other people (Fishscale, 8 Diagrams, Made in Brooklyn).

Haystak and Sandman have NO objective classics, therefore if you call yourself an "objective" listener you wouldt think they have classics. They dont have anything to do with the conversation they have something to do with your "objective" comment.

B) Where did i say it was a qualifier for a near classic album? where? never. I said if he brings the same type of heat he brought for literally EVERY track he produced for the solo albums over the last 9-10 years then the album should be a banger. A BANGER, not a classic. I didnt say it couldnt be a classic nor did i say it will be a classic. I said based on the types of beats he has given the members on solo projects, if he comes with that same formula, the beats should be good basically. Chemistry should be assumed to not be an issue since these two have created a classic before, have worked together countless times, they are family and know each other (musically) better than any other producer Gza could think to work with.

C) I can see some of the point your making here but for as big a fan i am i do criticize often, MUCH more than you criticize your favorites (Bone, Tech N9ne), etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:56 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
A) I consider myself an objective listener (of Wu) and give criticism where criticism is due. Ive said bad things about a lot of wu projects (Big doe Rehab, Digi Snacks, Lex Diamonds) ive even criticized albums i like much more than other people (Fishscale, 8 Diagrams, Made in Brooklyn).

Haystak and Sandman have NO objective classics, therefore if you call yourself an "objective" listener you wouldt think they have classics. They dont have anything to do with the conversation they have something to do with your "objective" comment.

B) Where did i say it was a qualifier for a near classic album? where? never. I said if he brings the same type of heat he brought for literally EVERY track he produced for the solo albums over the last 9-10 years then the album should be a banger. A BANGER, not a classic. I didnt say it couldnt be a classic nor did i say it will be a classic. I said based on the types of beats he has given the members on solo projects, if he comes with that same formula, the beats should be good basically. Chemistry should be assumed to not be an issue since these two have created a classic before, have worked together countless times, they are family and know each other (musically) better than any other producer Gza could think to work with.

C) I can see some of the point your making here but for as big a fan i am i do criticize often, MUCH more than you criticize your favorites (Bone, Tech N9ne), etc.

A) I was saying objective listener in this instance, and you and Terry are the only people on this planet that consider Golden Arms Redemption anything other than a cowpie. Try again. Who the hell are you to judge two artists you've never heard? Seriously? Haystak has two classic albums douche, ask Terry, SRP, or even KRob. Seriously, try it. Or just keep talking out your ass, KJ Jr.

B) By saying that it should be a "banger"... one would assume the 4.5 talk means near classic. Unless you define classic as something else.

C) You think what I say in threads is all I say, you've been on here for not even a year...really you're in no place to judge what I say about anything. Also, if you think I don't criticize my favorites your sadly mistaken. Again, you know what I post on here, which is mostly to contrast the east coast biased bullshit spat out by you, Wayne, KJ, Powell, etc etc etc. I've honestly yet to hear you have an opinion that isn't something that I would read on a website somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 12:01 am

uh oh, Slang too is bringing out the Haystak attack.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 12:01 am

Esco wrote:
uh oh, Slang too is bringing out the Haystak attack.

because that's the only offense he's got.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!   Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maybe HM2 doesn't excite you, how about Liquid Swords 2?!?!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next