Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 5 albums released in 2004

Go down 
+11
Highsmith
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Myestro
Norfeest
parker lewis
Shaun
Laced With Slang
ctrx
Jason
D.Powell
T. Myers
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Top 5 albums released in 2004 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2004   Top 5 albums released in 2004 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 1:19 pm

Anyone putting Mobb Deep or Nas in top 5 for '04 just needs to look a little harder for their dope. No matter what type you like there are quite a few much better albums.

No wonder people think hip-hop is in a sad state...look at your favorite albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2004   Top 5 albums released in 2004 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 1:24 pm

I put Nas in, and when I get that Mobb in the mail that might make it for me too. It's just not your style and that's cool, don't hate on others. When we do our '10 list you gonna put SCFB, and ain't nobody gonna hate.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2004   Top 5 albums released in 2004 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 1:31 pm

I'm not really trying to hate. When I see some of these lists, it just looks like some folks are settling for what's being pushed at them. There is so much great hip-hop out there, and if people can't look past their old school standbys, then...

Keep in mind, the fans who stay stubborn and closed-minded are the same fans complaining about the state of the game...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2004   Top 5 albums released in 2004 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 1:33 pm

I hate where the mainstream is at, but there are a ton of underground/semi-stream cds out there I love being released today. People complaining just don't know how to listen to rap without it being shoved down their throats like it used to be.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2004   Top 5 albums released in 2004 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 1:34 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
I'm not really trying to hate. When I see some of these lists, it just looks like some folks are settling for what's being pushed at them. There is so much great hip-hop out there, and if people can't look past their old school standbys, then...

Keep in mind, the fans who stay stubborn and closed-minded are the same fans complaining about the state of the game...

CoMoFoSign
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2004   Top 5 albums released in 2004 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 1:41 pm

Steve, given the albums we have in common, I gotta rec Oktober to you. Stay away from Devil Smokes Dimebags, but I would bet you'd find Projekt: Building at least better than Beautiful Struggle. Art of Raw is his best, though.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2004   Top 5 albums released in 2004 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 1:50 pm

2004 is full of great west, here's a few, and I left off a good 10 to 15 that I also dig.

Children Of Sin - Unyahlation
Cypress Hill - Til Death...
Equipto - Cigarillos
The Federation - The Album
Mac Dre - Genie Of The Lamp
Mac Dre - The Game Is THICK Part 2
Mac Dre - Ronald Dregan
San Quinn - I Give You My Word
Suga Free - The New Testament
Turf Talk - The Street Novelist
Venom - This Is Me
Xzibit - Weapons Of Mass Destruction (Beware Of Us>>>>>>>>>)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2004   Top 5 albums released in 2004 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 1:51 pm

I know Oktober, and Art of Raw is dope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2004   Top 5 albums released in 2004 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 3:07 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Anyone putting Mobb Deep or Nas in top 5 for '04 just needs to look a little harder for their dope. No matter what type you like there are quite a few much better albums.

No wonder people think hip-hop is in a sad state...look at your favorite albums.

But thats to you. A lot of that undaground or off radar stuff ain't all that good either. Is it so hard for you to believe some of us did check out a lot of the off the radar stuff and still prefered the more mainstream albums over them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2004   Top 5 albums released in 2004 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010, 3:21 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

But thats to you. A lot of that undaground or off radar stuff ain't all that good either. Is it so hard for you to believe some of us did check out a lot of the off the radar stuff and still prefered the more mainstream albums over them?

Co-Sign Kev 100%
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2004   Top 5 albums released in 2004 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Aug 2010, 9:37 am

I think it's hard to believe....yes. I think the chances of you checking them out are pretty good, Kev, but I've seen what your co-signer calls underground/off the radar. He has not a clue...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2004   Top 5 albums released in 2004 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Aug 2010, 1:15 pm

Norfeest wrote:
I think it's hard to believe....yes. I think the chances of you checking them out are pretty good, Kev, but I've seen what your co-signer calls underground/off the radar. He has not a clue...

Shut the fuck up assclown. Just because I don't have an underground rapper in my Top 20 of all time doesn't mean I don't know about it. I just think a lot of artists are overrated on this forum. I've liked some of them as you can see by some of my lists, but the underground in any era ain't fuckin with either of the Golden Ages, simple as that.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2004   Top 5 albums released in 2004 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Aug 2010, 1:19 pm

I was just trying to say that I've never seen high praises for that Mobb Deep album. So, if folks are giving some mediocre shit top 5, maybe they would benefit by expanding their horizons a bit.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2004   Top 5 albums released in 2004 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 9:52 pm

Kanye West-College Dropout
Masta Killa-No Said Date
Royce da 5'9"-Death is Certain
Madvillain-Madvillainy
K-Os-Joyful Rebellion

Honorables:
Ill Bill-What's Wrong with Bill?
Jadakiss-Kiss of Death
Ghostface-Pretty Toney
Non-Phixion-Green Album
Young Buck-Straight Outta Cashvile
Mobb Deep-Amerikaz Nightmare
Nas-Streets Disciple
MF Doom-Mmmm...Food
Foreign Exchange-Connected
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2004   Top 5 albums released in 2004 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 3:39 am

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Norfeest wrote:

Shut the fuck up assclown. Just because I don't have an underground rapper in my Top 20 of all time doesn't mean I don't know about it. I just think a lot of artists are overrated on this forum. I've liked some of them as you can see by some of my lists, but the underground in any era ain't fuckin with either of the Golden Ages, simple as that.

Way to miss the point, slow poke.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2004   Top 5 albums released in 2004 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 5:34 pm

Norfeest wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Norfeest wrote:

Way to miss the point, slow poke.

You're the slow poke by taking so long to respond to this, but I didn't miss anything. You claim that I don't know anything about the underground and that's not true. It's just that I have preferred the mainstream throughout most of hip-hop's history.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 albums released in 2004   Top 5 albums released in 2004 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 5 albums released in 2004
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3