Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)

Go down 
+9
Dwight
D.Powell
Half
Justin Linker
Funk Seoul Brother
Esco
T. Myers
Alan
Laced With Slang
13 posters

5 vs 12
Low End Theory
Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Vote_lcap64%Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Vote_rcap
 64% [ 16 ]
The Infamous
Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Vote_lcap36%Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Vote_rcap
 36% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 25

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Empty
PostSubject: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 12:08 pm

(5) A Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory

vs.

(12) Mobb Deep - The Infamous
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 12:10 pm

Low End Theory for me. I love that smoooooth shit.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 12:16 pm

I'll take The Infamous because i just like that sound more
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 12:23 pm

I'll take the Infamous, that NY gritty sound is my all time favorite.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 12:41 pm

Low End Theory but both albums are very well produced. Infamous shouldn't have been the 12th seed lol.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 1:05 pm

Low End Theory, no doubt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 1:28 pm

Wow, the East has some really tough matchups and this is definitely one of them, but I went with my avatar Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 2:36 pm

Low End Theory, easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 2:58 pm

Infamous in a BBBBBBLOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWOUT
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 3:05 pm

Low End Theory by a hair
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 3:12 pm

Infamous is way more my style so it wins by a good margin.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 3:13 pm

Low End Theory barely
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 3:17 pm

The Infamous is better produced in my opinion. I think Tribe's first and third albums have better production than the Low End Theory. The Low End Theory has some dope beats but there are a few that are mediocre. The Infamous' beats are dark and gritty and they just created great music for the Mobb to rhyme over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 3:23 pm

Dwight wrote:
The Infamous is better produced in my opinion. I think Tribe's first and third albums have better production than the Low End Theory. The Low End Theory has some dope beats but there are a few that are mediocre. The Infamous' beats are dark and gritty and they just created great music for the Mobb to rhyme over.

What beat is mediorce on Low End Theory???

I can understand why some would prefer Infamous because it's a different sound, but to say that ANY of the LET's beats are mediorce is just INSANE!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 3:29 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Dwight wrote:

I can understand why some would prefer Infamous because it's a different sound, but to say that ANY of the LET's beats are mediorce is just INSANE!

Agreed. That whole thing is a masterpiece.

Dwight, are you sure you don't mean Tribe's debut has a mediocre beat or two? That would make more sense. They really hit their stride well with Low End Theory.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 3:33 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

To attempt to answer that question I'd guess Rap Promoter, What?, or Skypager. They aren't mediocre per se but are not up to par with the rest of the album. I like the album though so don't attack the messenger lol.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 3:38 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

To attempt to answer that question I'd guess Rap Promoter, What?, or Skypager. They aren't mediocre per se but are not up to par with the rest of the album. I like the album though so don't attack the messenger lol.

Not seeing that at all. I love all those songs. Nice attempt though. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 3:42 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I love all of those beats personally. While I agree they aren't as elite as some of the best beats on the album, they are still great.

The same can be said about any album though. For example, The Infamous' Up North Trip, Trife Life, and Cradle To The Grave aren't as elite as beats like Shook Ones Part II, Eye For An Eye, or Temperature's Rising (my personal fav).

All the beats on both albums are great, but I prefer the smooth jazzy sound of The Low End Theory better which is why I voted for ATCQ. LET is my 3rd favorite rap album of all time, and the production is half the reason for that.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 3:50 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

I love all of those beats personally. While I agree they aren't as elite as some of the best beats on the album, they are still great.

The same can be said about any album though.

All the beats on both albums are great, but I prefer the smooth jazzy sound of The Low End Theory better which is why I voted for ATCQ. LET is my 3rd favorite rap album of all time, and the production is half the reason for that.

Yes you could say the same for most albums...hell all albums.

I also prefer the jazzy sound but can see why others will like the gritty sound the Infamous brings to the table. These albums are almost polarizing in terms of sound. such a unique matchup.

This album is my 3rd fav Tribe album after MM and BR&L. *ducks* lol
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 3:57 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
LET is my 3rd favorite rap album of all time, and the production is half the reason for that.

Same here:

1. Pete Rock & CL Smooth "Mecca & The Soul Brother"
2. ATCQ "Midnight Marauders"
3. ATCQ "Low End Theory"

Yes, I do have two ATCQ albums in my top 3 all-time. I do love the smoooooothness. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 3:58 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

The same can be said about any album though.

Yes you could say the same for most albums...hell all albums.

I also prefer the jazzy sound but can see why others will like the gritty sound the Infamous brings to the table. These albums are almost polarizing in terms of sound. such a unique matchup.

This album is my 3rd fav Tribe album after MM and BR&L. *ducks* lol

You're entitled to your opinion so it's all good. BR&L to me is only a 4 star album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 4:00 pm

ive got some smoothness for you, pounds Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) 60606
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 4:01 pm

Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
LET is my 3rd favorite rap album of all time, and the production is half the reason for that.

Same here:

3. ATCQ "Low End Theory"

Yes, I do have two ATCQ albums in my top 3 all-time. I do love the smoooooothness. lol

That's awesome. ATCQ is my fav group of all time, with their first 3 albums all in my Top 25 or so. Mecca & The Soul Brother is in my Top 10-15.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 4:02 pm

Steve wrote:
ive got some smoothness for you, pounds Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) 60606

Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) 454339
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 4:04 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Same here:

3. ATCQ "Low End Theory"

That's awesome. ATCQ is my fav group of all time, with their first 3 albums all in my Top 25 or so. Mecca & The Soul Brother is in my Top 10-15.

Yeah, I've been obsessed with these 3 albums for years...they've been at top for a while. My top 10 isn't entirely made up of jazz rap or nothing, but it does speak to me like none other.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 4:06 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

You're entitled to your opinion so it's all good. BR&L to me is only a 4 star album.

I like it more because it has 3 of my favorite Tribe songs in 1nce Again, Get A Hold, and Stressed Out. Just personal preference. The album as a whole is much more laid back and mellow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 4:27 pm

Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Same here:

3. ATCQ "Low End Theory"

Yeah, I've been obsessed with these 3 albums for years...they've been at top for a while. My top 10 isn't entirely made up of jazz rap or nothing, but it does speak to me like none other.

I feel ya, which is why I love the Roots as well.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 4:42 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Dwight wrote:

Maybe mediocre was the wrong word. I do like the beats on The Low End Theory but rap promoter, show business, and what? are a little dry in my opinion. I think the beats on People's Instinctive Travels And Paths Of Rhythm and Midnight Marauders are better. I just think a couple of beats on Low End Theory are too minimal; like just using drums and a soft bassline. Midnight Marauders is superior regarding the beats.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 4:45 pm

Dwight wrote:

Maybe mediocre was the wrong word. I do like the beats on The Low End Theory but rap promoter, show business, and what? are a little dry in my opinion. I think the beats on People's Instinctive Travels And Paths Of Rhythm and Midnight Marauders are better. I just think a couple of beats on Low End Theory are too minimal; like just using drums and a soft bassline. Midnight Marauders is superior regarding the beats.
Wow wow we wah. I said 2 of those songs you listed and I also agree that MM is superior beat-wise. Its like I'm your evil doppelganger or something lol.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 4:52 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
Dwight wrote:

Wow wow we wah. I said 2 of those songs you listed and I also agree that MM is superior beat-wise. Its like I'm your evil doppelganger or something lol.

Then you know what I'm sayin Cise. Those couple of beats on Low End Theory are just a little lacking, it's still one of my favorite albums though.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 4:56 pm

Dwight wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Dwight wrote:

I just don't see how "People's Instinctive..." is better beat-wise at all. It's got a lot of great jams and is a near classic IMO, but that production just elevated their game on "Low End Theory" a good margin IMO. Not just the production, it was just more cohesive...the beats and how they worked with them...shit was just flyer....................IMO of course.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 4:57 pm

^ co sign Alan
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 4:58 pm

Nuff said...

Last edited by Cise Starr on Thu 18 Jun 2009, 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 5:01 pm

^ LOL - personally I like "Excursions", "Verses From The Abstract", "Scenario" (big ups to Norfeest for putting me onto the possibly better remix of this song), but I'll be damned if "Buggin' Out" ain't just as classic! lol
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 5:10 pm

Regarding Mobb Deep beats........they were probably better on Hell on Earth. Infamous is the better of the two overall though.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 5:43 pm

Alan wrote:
Dwight wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Dwight wrote:

I just don't see how "People's Instinctive..." is better beat-wise at all. It's got a lot of great jams and is a near classic IMO, but that production just elevated their game on "Low End Theory" a good margin IMO. Not just the production, it was just more cohesive...the beats and how they worked with them...shit was just flyer....................IMO of course.

I don't know why but I just like the beats on People's better. Most people agree with you that The Low End Theory is better produced and that's cool, but I just prefer People's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 9:07 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
Dwight wrote:

I don't agree with any of that. MM is on par with Low End Theory production wise, and better than People's Instinctive.

But LET song wise is better than both IMO. That said, all three albums are classics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 9:11 pm

Alan wrote:
^ LOL - personally I like "Excursions", "Verses From The Abstract", "Scenario" (big ups to Norfeest for putting me onto the possibly better remix of this song), but I'll be damned if "Buggin' Out" ain't just as classic! lol

Co-Sign! I love ALL the beats on that album. Those along with Check The Rhime and Butter are probably my favs.

I feel that the Scenario remix is better also, arguably Phife's best lyrical performance EVER!
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 12:11 am

I vote for Low End since it's the better album, plus it's the opposite of what Kev voted and since I hate Kev it makes that vote so much sweeter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 12:20 am

Haterex wrote:
I vote for Low End since it's the better album, plus it's the opposite of what Kev voted and since I hate Kev it makes that vote so much sweeter.

good way to vote. i think most people on this forum are voted based on the album as a whole not the production. So why the fuck not, vote the opposite way as people you dont like. I know damn well thats what im doing.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 3:11 am

Cory wrote:
Haterex wrote:

good way to vote. i think most people on this forum are voted based on the album as a whole not the production. So why the fuck not, vote the opposite way as people you dont like. I know damn well thats what im doing.

did you read my input at all, retard???? I voted based on my opinion and simply stated I felt joy in the fact that my vote was in opposition of someone I disliked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 1:34 pm

Haterex wrote:
Cory wrote:
Haterex wrote:

did you read my input at all, retard???? I voted based on my opinion and simply stated I felt joy in the fact that my vote was in opposition of someone I disliked.

no your fucking dumb ass thats how im going to vote. fuck your gay
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeSat 20 Jun 2009, 6:59 am

I picked "The Infamous". I love the production on it and it's one of my top 10 albums. "Low End Theory" is a top 25 album but to me it's not as good as Mobb Deep's best effort.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeSat 20 Jun 2009, 7:45 am

Infamous...I have both albums, and i find myself throwing this in way more. ...East Coast Gangster v. Thinking Person's Hip-Hop,,

-The Beats
-The Lyrics
-Overall Production....
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jun 2009, 9:52 am

acrid.one wrote:
Infamous...I have both albums, and i find myself throwing this in way more. ...East Coast Gangster v. Thinking Person's Hip-Hop,,

-The Beats
-The Lyrics
-Overall Production....

Nice avatar.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeMon 09 Aug 2010, 2:56 pm

Guest wrote:

shaking my head
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeMon 09 Aug 2010, 2:56 pm

That's Steve, and that's not milk.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitimeMon 09 Aug 2010, 2:57 pm

Shaun wrote:
That's Steve, and that's not milk.

LMAO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)   Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Produced East Bracket Day 1 (Matchup 3)
Page 1 of 1