Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)

Go down 
+5
Justin Linker
D.Powell
parker lewis
T. Myers
Alan
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Top 50, Top 100, or Neither?
Top 50
100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Top 100
100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Vote_lcap47%100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 8 ]
Neither
100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Vote_lcap47%100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 8:11 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Jason wrote:
Yet you've followed me around whining about Gift of Gab for months.

Maybe it's not me you're upset with. Maybe it's him. We do have this flood of posts with you describing his body to us. Are you a woman scorned? Is that where this anger comes from? I'm sure your time together meant as much to his as it does to you.

HUH?? umm Jason stick to Silver Jews??? whatever that means..lol

Oh no, you've seen my avatar. I'm so ashamed to like music.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 8:14 pm

I think Pete Rock's production carried Cl I agree but I still don't think anyone has spit over Pete Rock's beats better than Cl Smooth, I feel like they complimented each other so well that they are a legendary duo, because of that and of course Pete's production
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 8:49 pm

I'm late on this, but if Tech N9ne isn't a legend yet, he will be soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 8:50 pm

Powell you know me I think I am one of the biggest and best tweeners here, i.e. I know and love new and old, and trust me, you saying Tech N9ne has a smaller fan base is ridiculous, Tech N9ne is very smart with his marketing, both online and off and he frequently sells out venues, gets on MTV in this day and age, and of course, sells better.

Now for the other stuff, you know half these cats are 20 or under, so why get mad at them??? They have never heard Doug E Fresh what you expect, lol.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 9:06 pm

Co-sign Steve 100000000%
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 9:17 pm

Steve wrote:
Powell you know me I think I am one of the biggest and best tweeners here, i.e. I know and love new and old, and trust me, you saying Tech N9ne has a smaller fan base is ridiculous, Tech N9ne is very smart with his marketing, both online and off and he frequently sells out venues, gets on MTV in this day and age, and of course, sells better.

Now for the other stuff, you know half these cats are 20 or under, so why get mad at them??? They have never heard Doug E Fresh what you expect, lol.

i voted top 100 btw
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 9:36 pm

J. Linker of 0nSlaught3r wrote:
Co-sign Steve 100000000%

So Linker your admitting that you voted neither for Doug and really don't know not a damn thing about him?? I know you love his beatboxing skills but what else do you love about him man?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 9:38 pm

D.Powell wrote:
J. Linker of 0nSlaught3r wrote:
Co-sign Steve 100000000%

So Linker your admitting that you voted neither for Doug and really don't know not a damn thing about him?? I know you love his beatboxing skills but what else do you love about him man?

I love the fact that he owns an ice cream parlor. Wait! Maybe that was Roxanne Shante, never mind.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 9:41 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009, 11:28 pm

D.Powell wrote:

Pounds? yes
Kev? yes
Cory? yes
Terry? yes
Slang? yes

What about me playa, my hip-hop taste is good.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 3:53 am

KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Pounds? yes
Kev? yes
Cory? yes
Terry? yes
Slang? yes

What about me playa, my hip-hop taste is good.

lol

What're we gonna do today, hmm Spike?
What're we gonna do, Spike?
What're we gonna do today?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 8:55 am

Xcel wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Xcel wrote:
I can see Pete Rock as a legend, but not CL Smooth...

LMAO...see what I mean??

LOL you really think he's a legend? I want to see who else thinks he is a legend...

CL Smooth is easily a legend, Xcel. Either way, he listed them as a duo (Pete Rock & CL Smooth). They are definitely a legendary duo.

I'd also say Gift Of Gab, K-Rino, & K-Rino are legends or near legends....don't get too upset Powell.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 8:58 am

Xcel wrote:
"Yes XCL I think CL Smooth combined with Pete Rock is a LEGEND...as great as Pete is as a producer no one has spit over Pete's beats better IMO than CL Smooth

as a duo they are LEGENDS"

I disagree man, I think the main reason why CL Smooth was able to drop a classic was because of Pete Rock's production for the most part. He is a nice mc, but he is really not that spectacular imo...

He is spectacular, Xcel! lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 9:00 am

I think CL Smooth is a legend because he was part of a legendary duo, but most everyone agrees who the more important member of the duo was. I'm not trying to get in to this again, but it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 9:01 am

All and all I'm not sure I believe Tech N9ne has a larger fan base than MF Doom. Would have to see some numbers. It would seem Doom would blow him out of the water to me.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 9:01 am

T. Myers wrote:
I think CL Smooth is a legend because he was part of a legendary duo, but most everyone agrees who the more important member of the duo was. I'm not trying to get in to this again, but it is what it is.

Powell listed them as a duo. Case closed.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 9:02 am

Alan wrote:
Xcel wrote:
"Yes XCL I think CL Smooth combined with Pete Rock is a LEGEND...as great as Pete is as a producer no one has spit over Pete's beats better IMO than CL Smooth

I disagree man, I think the main reason why CL Smooth was able to drop a classic was because of Pete Rock's production for the most part. He is a nice mc, but he is really not that spectacular imo...

LOL! that's definitely the fanboy coming out in you, but it's all good. I had to take a shot a Kev for bad mouthing GZA the other day. We all do it when it comes to our favorites.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 9:03 am

Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Powell listed them as a duo. Case closed.

I agreed that they were a legendary duo so i don't see the problem.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 9:05 am

T. Myers wrote:
Alan wrote:
Xcel wrote:

LOL! that's definitely the fanboy coming out in you, but it's all good. I had to take a shot a Kev for bad mouthing GZA the other day. We all do it when it comes to our favorites.

Yeah I suppose. I am a CL Smooth fan boy if there ever was one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:14 am

Alan wrote:
All and all I'm not sure I believe Tech N9ne has a larger fan base than MF Doom. Would have to see some numbers. It would seem Doom would blow him out of the water to me.

DOOM has been around way longer, and Tech has outsold him by a gazillion. There are some numbers for you, Tech is the only indie million selling artist.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:15 am

Steve wrote:
Alan wrote:

DOOM has been around way longer, and Tech has outsold him by a gazillion. There are some numbers for you, Tech is the only indie million selling artist.

LOL - I meant like "official" numbers. I wonder if their is a site to settle the debate at?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:18 am

Alan wrote:
Steve wrote:
Alan wrote:

LOL - I meant like "official" numbers. I wonder if their is a site to settle the debate at?

there really isnt a debate, i love both artists bt its a common fact that Tech N9ne is EASILY the biggest selling indie rapper man
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:24 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
Alan wrote:
Steve wrote:
Alan wrote:

there really isnt a debate, i love both artists bt its a common fact that Tech N9ne is EASILY the biggest selling indie rapper man

To me, it's a rumor until I see some numbers or some reputable text that says otherwise, because...

On the Tech N9ne wiki page is says these two things:

"He is also the best selling MC out of his hometown of Kansas City, MO."

"In September 2008, Tech N9ne officially hit a milestone in his career, recording over a million album sales to date, thanks to the release of his most recent double album, Killer."

I seriously think MF Doom has sold more than that over the span of his career. Quite easily IMO.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:26 am

Alan wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Alan wrote:
Steve wrote:
Alan wrote:

To me, it's a rumor until I see some numbers or some reputable text that says otherwise, because...

"In September 2008, Tech N9ne officially hit a milestone in his career, recording over a million album sales to date, thanks to the release of his most recent double album, Killer."

I seriously think MF Doom has sold more than that over the span of his career. Quite easily IMO.

wouldn't you have to divide there sales by albums released to get a more accurate total? Hasn't Doom released more albums than Tech N9ne?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:27 am

T. Myers wrote:
Alan wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Alan wrote:
Steve wrote:
Alan wrote:

wouldn't you have to divide there sales by albums released to get a more accurate total? Hasn't Doom released more albums than Tech N9ne?

No. Tech N9ne has sold 1 million records total out of all the records he ever released. I'm saying Doom has sold more than that with his gigantic discography....I think anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:28 am

Yeah, look at his wiki page, all the television, games and movies his music has been in.

Plus you can look up on HHDX he is the #1 selling independent artist of all time. When MF DOOM makes it on TV, let me know. Tech N9ne is light years ahead of DOOM fan base wise. When DOOM gets an album that scans 250K, let me know.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.7111/title.tech-n9ne-prepares-to-sell-a-milli
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:29 am

Either way, I see no mention or "fact" that Tech N9ne is the "biggest selling indie rapper" anywhere when I searched for it. Maybe you can post the link, Slang.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:30 am

^ DOOM did make on on Cartoon Netowork
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:31 am

I understand, but which artist is selling more per album. IMO, that would be the more telling sign to determine their fan base. I'm not familiar with all of Dooms releases were they all released independantly?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:33 am

"Perhaps a testament to how achieved the feat, which arguably (based on the definition of “independent”), is a first for a rapper, Tech celebrated by performing a show. “It don’t really set in until [I did] that show that night, and it’s sold out and everybody’s screamin’. When I said, ‘Thank you for making me the number one independent rapper nation,’ everybody went crazy. And I have to sit up there in front of 4,000 people and look at them yell at me because of it,” he said with a laugh."

http://www.offthaave.com/music/tech-n9ne-reacts-to-selling-millionth-independent-album
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:33 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madvillainy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mouse_and_The_Mask

#179 and #41 peak position respectively.

Tech N9ne's Sickology 101 just debuted at #19 recently, outselling the two albums first weeks combined. And that's a collabo cd, not even a proper solo. If you look on Google for tech n9ne plus million sold, and tech n9ne highest selling independent artist, you will get a ton of results. Ask on your other sites you go to, who has the bigger fanbase.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:34 am

Steve wrote:
Yeah, look at his wiki page, all the television, games and movies his music has been in.

Plus you can look up on HHDX he is the #1 selling independent artist of all time. When MF DOOM makes it on TV, let me know. Tech N9ne is light years ahead of DOOM fan base wise. When DOOM gets an album that scans 250K, let me know.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.7111/title.tech-n9ne-prepares-to-sell-a-milli

Where do I find the list that says he's sold the most? This is just an article. 250K is impressive, but Atmosphere even sold nearly that many of Seven's Travels, and they've had more successful albums since. So I doubt 1 million constitutes "biggest selling indie rapper".
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:37 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
"Perhaps a testament to how achieved the feat, which arguably (based on the definition of “independent”), is a first for a rapper, Tech celebrated by performing a show. “It don’t really set in until [I did] that show that night, and it’s sold out and everybody’s screamin’. When I said, ‘Thank you for making me the number one independent rapper nation,’ everybody went crazy. And I have to sit up there in front of 4,000 people and look at them yell at me because of it,” he said with a laugh."

http://www.offthaave.com/music/tech-n9ne-reacts-to-selling-millionth-independent-album

I don't know man. That's just what Tech said to some fans at a show. A lot of rappers proclaim to hold the #1 spot when it's that close. Even the author of the article leaves some loopholes for error there.

I'm not saying he can't be the best selling, I just think it's way closer than that....and their are other contenders.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:38 am

Atmosphere has Warner pal, they are not independent.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:40 am

Steve wrote:

Tech N9ne's Sickology 101 just debuted at #19 recently, outselling the two albums first weeks combined. And that's a collabo cd, not even a proper solo. If you look on Google for tech n9ne plus million sold, and tech n9ne highest selling independent artist, you will get a ton of results. Ask on your other sites you go to, who has the bigger fanbase.

What about MM...Food? His new album? King Geedorah albums? Viktor Vaughn albums? Re-releases of classic material (Op Doomsday/KMD). Just saying, it's got to be extremely close. Most of what I find when I google the TN stuff is "one of the" biggest selling independent artists.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:40 am

Tech N9ne has outsold Atmosphere as well, I am sure.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:42 am

It's just a distribution and promotion deal with Warner's independent label group, Rhymesayers is still considered an independent label.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:42 am

Steve wrote:
Atmosphere has Warner pal, they are not independent.

Every album they have is released and distributed through Rhymesayers, except Seven's Travels, which was a combo with Epitaph.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:43 am

Alan wrote:
Steve wrote:

What about MM...Food? His new album? King Geedorah albums? Viktor Vaughn albums? Re-releases of classic material (Op Doomsday/KMD). Just saying, it's got to be extremely close. Most of what I find when I google the TN stuff is "one of the" biggest selling independent artists.

None of those albums even charted on the Billboard Top 200, except his latest.

Last edited by Jason on Wed 24 Jun 2009, 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:45 am

Tech N9ne is more popular than Atmosphere, he has over TWO million more MySpace visits than Atmosphere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:45 am

And Tech has 11 million more profile hits than DOOM, lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:46 am

and lil wayne has 171 million more visits than tech n9ne, hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:56 am

LOL - Myspace has spoken!
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:57 am

Strange released this video a couple months ago.... It has a lot of Tech's numbers in it..... Also has anybody seen the new Fight Night commercial? Tech and Kali are in it...
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:58 am

Jason wrote:
Alan wrote:
Steve wrote:

But they got to be selling decent. Every sales counts. He has like 10 Special Herbs CDs too. lol
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 11:00 am

Justice wrote:

Strange released this video a couple months ago.... It has a lot of Tech's numbers in it..... Also has anybody seen the new Fight Night commercial? Tech and Kali are in it...

I can't watch it at work, but I DO believe Tech N9ne has sold that many albums. I am just unsure of some others.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 11:04 am

Alan wrote:
Jason wrote:
Alan wrote:
Steve wrote:

But they got to be selling decent. Every sales counts. He has like 10 Special Herbs CDs too. lol

They're selling something, but if they're not even charting, they're not making a big dent. I don't know if Tech N9ne is the biggest selling indie rapper, but what is clear is that he's sold significantly more than MF Doom. The soundscan numbers, the Billboard numbers, that's what it all says. I mean, the highest Doom has even charted is 41. Meanwhile, Tech N9ne has had two albums reach the Billboard top 20.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 11:07 am

Jason wrote:
Alan wrote:
Jason wrote:
Alan wrote:
Steve wrote:

They're selling something, but if they're not even charting, they're not making a big dent. I don't know if Tech N9ne is the biggest selling indie rapper, but what is clear is that he's sold significantly more than MF Doom. The soundscan numbers, the Billboard numbers, that's what it all says. I mean, the highest Doom has even charted is 41. Meanwhile, Tech N9ne has had two albums reach the Billboard top 20.

Do you think Atmosphere has sold more than Doom?
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 11:11 am

Yeah, Atmosphere has probably sold more than Doom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 12:32 pm

Atmosphere was on MTV...DOOM can't be getting anywhere near that kind of exposure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)   100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

100 Greatest Nominee Day 65 (A)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2