Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic

Go down 
+17
Half
ctrx
D.Powell
E. Taylor
PKT
Deanie O'Banion
Wanduras
Esco
Alan
Myestro
Funk Seoul Brother
thelundquist
parker lewis
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
Wayne
Shaun
21 posters

Illmatic vs. The Chronic
Illmatic
GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Vote_lcap46%GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Vote_rcap
 46% [ 12 ]
The Chronic
GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Vote_lcap54%GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Vote_rcap
 54% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage

GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Empty
PostSubject: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSun 21 Nov 2010, 11:32 am

GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Nas_illmatic_pv

vs.

GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Dr.DreTheChronic
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSun 21 Nov 2010, 11:32 am

Illmatic, with the greatest of ease.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSun 21 Nov 2010, 11:49 am

The Chronic pretty easily.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSun 21 Nov 2010, 11:49 am

Illmatic!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSun 21 Nov 2010, 11:56 am

Illmaitc "so quick and so fast"
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSun 21 Nov 2010, 12:07 pm

The Chronic
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSun 21 Nov 2010, 12:23 pm

the chronic
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSun 21 Nov 2010, 12:41 pm

iLLmatic
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSun 21 Nov 2010, 1:10 pm

Illmatic.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSun 21 Nov 2010, 1:52 pm

Illmatic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSun 21 Nov 2010, 2:49 pm

Both of these are in my Top 10 but Illmatic is my #1 so it wins.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSun 21 Nov 2010, 4:53 pm

Illmatic easily.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeSun 21 Nov 2010, 6:53 pm

Illmatic ftw.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 1:06 am

I want the bomb, I want the Chronic. I gots to get fucked up.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 2:33 am

The Chron.
Back to top Go down
PKT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 6:32 am

The Chronic
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 9:21 am

I'm literally torn here. Screw it, Dre wins.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 10:49 am

Nas comfortably
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 4:38 pm

Illmatic...it ain't hard to tell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 4:43 pm

Chronic.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 10:46 pm

i am shocked at this outcome
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 11:19 pm

I actually like the outcome. It goes against what everyone figured would happen. Like i said, they're both top 5 albums to me but my favorite of the 2 is "The Chronic".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 11:30 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

I'm not. Illmatic is the better album IMO but this forum consists of some of the weirdest mofo's I've ever ran across (and that's saying something). I mean really, ATLiens wouldn't beat Nation Of Millions anywhere else.

It's whatever though, the opinions of this forum don't change mine at all, nor will they ever.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 11:59 pm

20$ says ATLiens would beat Nations on a lot of forums...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 12:06 am

Shaun wrote:

i actually disagree, Nations gets more love than most albums almost every forum ive seen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 12:29 am

I love this outcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 12:31 am

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

I'm not. Illmatic is the better album IMO but this forum consists of some of the weirdest mofo's I've ever ran across (and that's saying something). I mean really, ATLiens wouldn't beat Nation Of Millions anywhere else.

It's whatever though, the opinions of this forum don't change mine at all, nor will they ever.

Wait wait wait. The Chronic is easily the BIGGER album than Illmatic and more known across all musical boundries. Illmatic may be the more revered or respected but The Chronic is one of the most iconic hip hop albums ever. So whats to be surprised about? I mean fa real.

And ATLiens damn near did in the late 90's for southern hip hop what It Takes A Nation did for east coast hip hop. ATLiens is just as original and loved as It Takes A Nation.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 12:42 am

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

Wait wait wait. The Chronic is easily the BIGGER album than Illmatic and more known across all musical boundries. Illmatic may be the more revered or respected but The Chronic is one of the most iconic hip hop albums ever. So whats to be surprised about? I mean fa real.

And ATLiens damn near did in the late 90's for southern hip hop what It Takes A Nation did for east coast hip hop. ATLiens is just as original and loved as It Takes A Nation.

The Chronic isnt even the best album Dre is involved with
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 12:48 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

Yes it is.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 12:51 am

Illmatic
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 5:59 am

I gotta go with Nasty Nas, although Lil Ghetto Boy>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 4:02 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

I didn't catch where Kevin was saying that, at all..he's saying that Chronic was a bigger album. You now more people have heard Dre Day and G Thang than any of Nas' songs...
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 5:06 pm

looks like i tipped the scales. chronic for me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 5:43 pm

Shaun wrote:

I'll raise you $30
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 5:47 pm

You automatically lose that bet, KJ. I didn't specify how many albums 'a lot' is. It could be one in my mind. And, this forum voted that way. Therefore, I win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 5:54 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

The first part I'll agree with, I love both Illmatic and The Chronic. Illmatic is better IMO but The Chronic isn't far behind. Both are Top 10 albums. The only reason I posted on the subject because of what Slang was saying.

However, you're WAY OFF with the second paragraph. It Takes A Nation is FAR MORE REVERED than ATLiens. It Takes A Nation is a consensus Top 10 album of all time and many consider it to be one of the best albums of any genre in history. ATLiens isn't even Outkast's consensus best album. Nations Of Millions transcended hip-hop and made PE household names, and Chuck D became the EF Hutton of hip-hop, when he talked people listened. No disrespect to ATLiens, but It Takes A Nation is a far bigger and more well known album.

Last edited by Big Daddy Kool on Tue 23 Nov 2010, 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 5:55 pm

Shaun wrote:
You automatically lose that bet, KJ. I didn't specify how many albums 'a lot' is. It could be one in my mind. And, this forum voted that way. Therefore, I win.

Bullshit, this is just one forum, A LOT is more than one.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 5:55 pm

"No disrespect to ATLiens, but It Takes A Nation is a far bigger and more well known album. "

That is troofz
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 7:32 pm

I would say people who think ATLiens is their best and people who think Aquemeni is their best is pretty much even.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 7:35 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
I would say people who think ATLiens is their best and people who think Aquemeni is their best is pretty much even.

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 7:45 am

Blazed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic   GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GHHA Semi Finals (B2): Illmatic vs. The Chronic
Page 1 of 1