Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you read Sports Illustrated?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Do you read Sports Illustrated? Empty
PostSubject: Do you read Sports Illustrated?   Do you read Sports Illustrated? Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 11:16 pm

Wondering if anyone does still? I got it for a year for 2 bucks from the blowitoutahere deal and I read it on occasion, but it seems like 99% of the shit in there gets to me online before it even gets here. The last issue had 2 interesting articles, one on bitch ass favre and his father and the other on that lady golfer who killed herself.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: Do you read Sports Illustrated?   Do you read Sports Illustrated? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 1:10 am

I've been reading it my whole life and still do. When I rely on the internet for my sports info I end up getting a very focused view because more often than not I'll just go straight to my own teams' pages...SI gives you the more balanced view. Plus the journalism and photography is second to none. There's something to be said for a magazine that can still turn a huge profit by getting people to pay for its content these days.

They've also adapted well to the digital age. SI's content isn't so much breaking news and general stuff because in the up-to-the-minute news age there's no place for that. So they thrive on more in-depth journalism and stuff you really can't get anywhere else IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you read Sports Illustrated?   Do you read Sports Illustrated? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 1:19 am

Do you get any special online access as a subscriber like ESPN?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Do you read Sports Illustrated?   Do you read Sports Illustrated? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 1:21 am

Last I checked your internet provider is responsible for negotiating ESPN online.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you read Sports Illustrated?   Do you read Sports Illustrated? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 2:05 am

You need to pay or have a subscription to the print magazine in order to access ESPN Insider, which is basically more articles, analysis, etc.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Do you read Sports Illustrated?   Do you read Sports Illustrated? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 2:28 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
You need to pay or have a subscription to the print magazine in order to access ESPN Insider, which is basically more articles, analysis, etc.

my friend has that and there are about 20 of us that use his account, its great
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you read Sports Illustrated?   Do you read Sports Illustrated? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 2:30 am

Yeah, i want ESPN insider because they have some interesting fantasy articles I can never read... Sad
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Do you read Sports Illustrated?   Do you read Sports Illustrated? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 11:35 am

I used to have SI for years and it really had some good stuff. Aside from the fantasy football and season preview issues I wouldn't have any reason to go out and scoop one up.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Do you read Sports Illustrated?   Do you read Sports Illustrated? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 12:52 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Oh...I just remember getting home from work and trying to watch the end of Xgames Street comp and I couldn't because Time Warner doesn't pay for ESPN online. Kind of annoying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you read Sports Illustrated?   Do you read Sports Illustrated? Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 8:10 pm

I subscribe to SI and ESPN. I like ESPN better these days though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you read Sports Illustrated?   Do you read Sports Illustrated? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you read Sports Illustrated?
Page 1 of 1