Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one

Go down 
+8
Esco
Shaun
parker lewis
Jack of Spades
Half
D.Powell
Justin Linker
Laced With Slang
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 5:39 pm

The Nas haters on this forum remind me of Yankee haters. So quick to point out tiny flaws and completely insignificant shortcomings in the grand scheme so as to build arguments like RAS KASS IS GREATER THAN NAS WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME NAS DROPPED A CLASSIC because really there isn't a case to be made.

It's like the Derek Jeter argument. People I know always try to pull out shit like OMAR VIZQUEL WAS A BETTER SHORTSTOP THAN JETER JETER IS SURROUNDED BY BETTER TALENT oh really? Would you rather have Omar Vizquel hitting fucking .250 in his prime in your lineup than Derek fucking Jeter? No shit you wouldn't. But you hate the man on top.

I'll be quick to admit that I love Razzy and "Soul on Ice" is one of my all time favorite albums. I'm also quick to point out that Ras hasn't dropped a single record worth two shits since 1996 and he's a complete shell of his former self today. Nas has, objectively, one of the best catalogs in hip hop and remains one of the most technically impeccable, lyrically powerful poets and vocalists in the genre. Yes, it's true that he has yet to top his debut, but there are at most 3 or 4 MCs who HAVE topped Nas' debut since it dropped (and that's a stretch I'm making strictly for the ridiculous responses I know this post will warrant here). It's also true that his career, like any that has spanned almost 2 decades of constant recording, has some lowlights. And if not for "Illmatic"'s preceding them, "It Was Written," "Stillmatic," "God's Son," "Street's Disciple," and "Hip Hop Is Dead" would be far more heralded than they already are.

People can go ahead and argue that Ras Kass, K-Rino, or whatever other obscure favorite MC you have is better/would be better than Nas. Fact is, people always have hate for NY and always have hate for the man on top. Jealous Ones Envy.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 5:51 pm

ctrx wrote:
The Nas haters on this forum remind me of Yankee haters. So quick to point out tiny flaws and completely insignificant shortcomings in the grand scheme so as to build arguments like RAS KASS IS GREATER THAN NAS WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME NAS DROPPED A CLASSIC because really there isn't a case to be made.

It's like the Derek Jeter argument. People I know always try to pull out shit like OMAR VIZQUEL WAS A BETTER SHORTSTOP THAN JETER JETER IS SURROUNDED BY BETTER TALENT oh really? Would you rather have Omar Vizquel hitting fucking .250 in his prime in your lineup than Derek fucking Jeter? No shit you wouldn't. But you hate the man on top.

I'll be quick to admit that I love Razzy and "Soul on Ice" is one of my all time favorite albums. I'm also quick to point out that Ras hasn't dropped a single record worth two shits since 1996 and he's a complete shell of his former self today. Nas has, objectively, one of the best catalogs in hip hop and remains one of the most technically impeccable, lyrically powerful poets and vocalists in the genre. Yes, it's true that he has yet to top his debut, but there are at most 3 or 4 MCs who HAVE topped Nas' debut since it dropped (and that's a stretch I'm making strictly for the ridiculous responses I know this post will warrant here). It's also true that his career, like any that has spanned almost 2 decades of constant recording, has some lowlights. And if not for "Illmatic"'s preceding them, "It Was Written," "Stillmatic," "God's Son," "Street's Disciple," and "Hip Hop Is Dead" would be far more heralded than they already are.

People can go ahead and argue that Ras Kass, K-Rino, or whatever other obscure favorite MC you have is better/would be better than Nas. Fact is, people always have hate for NY and always have hate for the man on top. Jealous Ones Envy.

thats not the point i made at all. I never claimed Ras was overall better than Nas, but i sincerely believe Ras is better than Nas IN 2010 and i really would rather hear a Primo/Ras album over a Primo/Nas album. I also disagree with Ras not dropping good music after Soul on Ice but thats not the point of this thread
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 5:56 pm

I understand Slang, I'm just commenting on the Nas hate generally. Personally I think that Ras is a shell of his former self and his latest stuff is pretty lame, while Nas is still a creative monster, but that's neither here nor there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 5:58 pm

Slang you just got owned.

Laughing My Ass Off

Good post Ctrx.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 6:12 pm

ctrx wrote:

I love all this irrelevant bullshit, shows just how bitches get so emotional and are incapable of having a discussion.

1. K-Rino has nothing to do with this conversation - stop slyly hating on other rappers because you are pussy hurt.

2. If Nas had never been signed and dropped all his albums independently would you give a fuck about his "obscurity?" Or would you still recognize his skill and love his music this same? All this talk about obscurity is a pussy bitches cop out - hip-hop is about skills, not how obscure one is.

3. Fuck your yankees and your jeter, I've said it time and again, sports and hip-hop have absolutely no correlation or comparison. Sports is numbers. Music is opinion. Simple as that.

4. To address the sports, every RATIONAL fucking sports fan has to understand that the way he PERCEIVES his home team players is usually not the actual reality. Jeter is a good to great SS, but you idiots act like he is god and everyone should treat him the same.

5. This all boils down to opinion and the fact that some of you are sooo fucking narrow minded and stupid that the concept that others have an OPINION that disagrees with yours or the majority blows your fucking mind.

I know Slang to be a huge nas fan and a huge ras kass fan. It you idiots self defense pmsing ass who assume that an actual discussion about which emcee is better right now is "hating" on nas. there is no hating in thinking ras is better than nas right now. It is an OPINION and surely isn't meant to imply nas is wack or a bad emcee.

If you guys could get off of your own dick long enough to respect other opinions you'd see that nas just doesn't hit others like he does you and that's ok because sesame street taught us that we're all different but equal!

I love how you bitches are soooo fucking stuck on yourself that you freak out when someone might compare something they love to your "holy grails" - OMG HOW DARE YOU COMPARE X RAPPER OR X ALBUM TO MY FAVS WHAT A TRAVESTY!

GROW THE FUCK UP PEOPLE.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 6:50 pm

I love how I must be an irrational hater to say that Naw hasn't put out anything worth listening to since God's Son.

Hey, ctrx...why don't you stop with all the Ras hate. It's funny how, when an artist is still underground, fools wanna hate with no consideration as to the actual music being made.

That's obviously the only reason you could have that opinion.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 7:05 pm

smh @ ctrx... and everyone else in this thread. I hope you all told Santa to bring you some magnums for Christmas...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 9:02 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Slang you just got owned.

Laughing My Ass Off

Good post Ctrx.

it was a fine post but i didnt get "owned" at all. He was addressing Nas haters, if you readmy post after he wasnt addressing anything i said when i made the thread.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 10:17 pm

Everyone is a Nas hater unless he has 13 classics to you. Nas is #3 on my all time list, but he only has 2-3 classics to me, so I am a large Nas hater.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 10:35 pm

and a part of the LOL posse!!!

If you criticize nas you are a hater!!!

OMG THE YANKEES DON'T GET ANY LOVE CRY CRY CRY
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 12:56 am

A PART of the LOL POSSE???? LMAO!!! Bitch, I'm iz da LOL posse. So I will do my part!

"OMG THE YANKEES DON'T GET ANY LOVE CRY CRY CRY"

lol
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 4:08 am

Lol
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 4:08 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 4:09 am

LOL
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 4:09 am

LoL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 4:29 am

It's funny how this post isn't considered to be Nas hating, yet if someone simply says that Nas is a far better MC than Ras Kass, then they're considered to be Ras Kass haters. Y'all need to GTFOH with that bullshit.

CTRX made some very valid points here though. Nas seems to be the most criticized MC in this forum, even by some people who like him (so they say). Then when people like me, Kev, Powell, CTRX or anyone else defend him they get chewed out and called "stans".

Yet when someone says anything even remotely critical of their favorite MC's, they get chewed out and are called "haters". a prime example just happened in this forum. CTRX said that Ras fell off and SRP and Parker went off on him, yet nobody had a problem with Parker saying that Nas hasn't made anything dope since God's Son. That's a bullshit double standard.

Bottom line is this, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but they should realize that everyone isn't gonna agree with those opinions. So me defending Nas on a thread shouldn't be shunned anymore than if Slang were to defend Wu-Tang, SRP were to defend UGK, Jeff were to defend Bone Thugs, etc.

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 4:39 am

Um, no you fucking idiot. I was pointing out ctrx's double standard. Learn to read, retard.

We all like who we like, and we don't who we don't. You crybabies are insulting my intelligence, attempting to discredit my opinion by coloring it as arbitrary hate.

Is it really impossible that I truly feel this way about Nas? Stupid...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 5:16 am

parker lewis wrote:
Um, no you fucking idiot. I was pointing out ctrx's double standard. Learn to read, retard.

We all like who we like, and we don't who we don't. You crybabies are insulting my intelligence, attempting to discredit my opinion by coloring it as arbitrary hate.

Is it really impossible that I truly feel this way about Nas? Stupid...

I don't give a fuck how you feel about him. Just don't bitch about me disagreeing with you. That's all I'm saying, asshole.

This forum is hypocritical as fuck, it's like only certain people are allowed to have opinions and if they don't fall in line with the LOL posse's opinions they get shunned. Me getting a red mark and your dumb ass comment proved my point.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 6:45 am

Well, who's the hypocrite? Maybe you'd like to reread this thread, pal. Who is simply stating which emcee they prefer? Who is the one bitching about their hero being disrespected?

Take your time, dummy. Read it until you understand. It's not a race. Don't write anything until you figure out what the hell is going on...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 10:16 am

This thread has gotten way out of wack. There is no right or wrong as it pertains to who is better. the fact of the matter is that Nas isn't doing the same hip hop he was doing 10-15 years ago. Nas' skill hasn't really diminished, but some people just don't seem to care for the direction his music is going these days. I don't think people are really saying that a Premo produced Ras album will definitely be better than a Nas one. They are just saying they are more interested in hearing it. Nas isn't the same mc he was on NY State Of Mind or Nas Is Like, and Premo isn't the same producer he once was. People seem to have those expectations in their head, and i doubt those two can replicate that dopeness. A Ras produced Premo album has a little suspense and unknown behind it. It may be a more interesting/anticipated release for that very reason. Two things i know are that Ras and Nas are both highly skilled mc's, and their albums will always be bought/spun by me. Also, A Premo produced album will always be a big deal, and be worthy of a purchase.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 12:06 pm

^ basically sums up everything perfectly

+1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 12:08 pm

Well next time dumb fucks just name this thread

"I want to hear a Ras Kass album produced by Premo"

By adding Nas you already knew what the outcome was going to be. You lame ducks are not slick. A lot of you always try to makes these obvious hate time threads and when you are called out for it you start making excuses and lying about your intentions. Grow a dick and some balls.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 12:12 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:

By adding Nas you already knew what the outcome was going to be. You lame ducks are not slick. A lot of you always try to makes these obvious hate time threads and when you are called out for it you start making excuses and lying about your intentions. Grow a dick and some balls.

well if i didnt put the Nas comment in the title it probly wouldnt have gotten 70+ responses. Threads like these are pretty damn entertaining and i kind of purposely do them to get a ton of peoples opinions involved
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 12:28 pm

People are still fucking idiots. It's hilarious. They suck Nas dick soooo hard that comparing Nas to anyone but their Top 5 is considered "hate." And they are so blind and stupid they can't even see it.

KJ of course is going to miss the point entirely. No one gives a fuck about CTRX's opinion about anything, he's allowed to think what he wants. The problem is his attitude, and the one shared by KJ and others, that bitch bitch bitch whenever Nas or X album isn't worshiped as they see fit and his apparent exasperation at the fact this forum has members who - dramatic pause - have a mind of their own.

If you guys want a cookie cutter forum where everyone parrots the same opinion and worships the same shit feel free to get the fuck out of here.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 12:45 pm

Laughing My Ass Off
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 1:25 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
People are still fucking idiots. It's hilarious. They suck Nas dick soooo hard that comparing Nas to anyone but their Top 5 is considered "hate." And they are so blind and stupid they can't even see it.

KJ of course is going to miss the point entirely. No one gives a fuck about CTRX's opinion about anything, he's allowed to think what he wants. The problem is his attitude, and the one shared by KJ and others, that bitch bitch bitch whenever Nas or X album isn't worshiped as they see fit and his apparent exasperation at the fact this forum has members who - dramatic pause - have a mind of their own.

If you guys want a cookie cutter forum where everyone parrots the same opinion and worships the same shit feel free to get the fuck out of here.

that same opinion could be applied to you to Pedro as well as others on here that may not agree with most of the other members that Slaine is dope or that R.A. is top 10 material or that Nickatina is above average or that K-Rino is an all-time great emcee...when someone goes against any of those dudes as well as some of your other favorites comments like those make you flip out too because-pause for dramatic effect- some forum members have a mind of their own

so what you just wrote could be applied to just about anyone that posts on here including YOU, me or anyone else......so fuck it mane...it is what it is right??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 1:37 pm

Not at all. I could care less what your opinion is, just don't act like it is truth. There's a big difference between disagreeing with someone and not sharing their opinion and then trying to ridicule someone or getting all bent out of shape over something as simple as a difference of opinion. That's the difference here, the normal people on this forum can see that and tell the difference.

Do I join in discussions involving my favorites? Of course, who wouldn't? There's a big difference between having a civil conversation and being a pathetic whiny bitch about.

Your own posts is a perfect example of this shit - you've got memorized for instant recall shit about other members that made you shit your depends and you bring that bullshit out every chance you get...lol...it's called an opinion powell, simple as that. Most people here are cognizant enough to realize that their region/experience/demographic is just a small part of the hip-hop world.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 2:00 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Not at all. I could care less what your opinion is, just don't act like it is truth. There's a big difference between disagreeing with someone and not sharing their opinion and then trying to ridicule someone or getting all bent out of shape over something as simple as a difference of opinion. That's the difference here, the normal people on this forum can see that and tell the difference.

Do I join in discussions involving my favorites? Of course, who wouldn't? There's a big difference between having a civil conversation and being a pathetic whiny bitch about.

Your own posts is a perfect example of this shit - you've got memorized for instant recall shit about other members that made you shit your depends and you bring that bullshit out every chance you get...lol...it's called an opinion powell, simple as that. Most people here are cognizant enough to realize that their region/experience/demographic is just a small part of the hip-hop world.

everything you just wrote sounds like a pathetic whiny bitch Pedro.....you sound like you're crying while typing that shit mane......I could care less what others opinions on here either....if anyone should know that you should...I always stand alone on my shit...fuck it, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything...who cares my dude..lol...I just love cracking on your ass and having fun baby bubba...there's never anything personal with me...remember that my dude..it's always all good here mane!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 2:02 pm

oh and for the record Dan Marino>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tony Homo

just thought I'd add that in for safe keeping my dude...lol

fuck a QB rating Laughing My Ass Off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 2:43 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:

EXACTLY! Putting Nas' name in a thread like this and expecting his fans not to respond to it is simply ignorant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 3:15 pm

Well, I'm sorry guys, we're simply not going to run a forum where Nas' name can't be spoken unless he is being praised, which is essentially what KJ and K. Rob want.

How is comparing Nas to Ras Kass hating on Nas?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 3:42 pm

[quote="Southern Rap Pro"]Well, I'm sorry guys, we're simply not going to run a forum where Nas' name can't be spoken unless he is being praised, which is essentially what KJ and K. Rob want.

How is comparing Nas to Ras Kass hating on Nas?[/quote]

You swear you are so slick and objective.

1. There are a 1,000 fucking rappers out here why Nas?

2. Most (not all) of the LOL Posse always has negetive things to say about Nas. The neg comments you all make about him far outweigh the positive. So your trk record of neg comments on KRS and Nas crosses that thinline between constructive criticism and hating.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 3:53 pm

1. You'd have to ask Slang about that, but I would assume since Nas and Primo have made some classic songs and Guru is RIP, Nas made a logical choice as someone who might do an album with Primo.

2. Re-read this thread, even when KJ starts name calling for no reason and bring irrelevant bullshit into the argument (does Ras Kass not having is album at best buy affect his mic skills?) I'd say everyone except KJ was pretty civil and having a discussion. Comments even gave Nas props, so who has a history of starting shit? It's certainly not the so-called "lol posse" - no one was hating on Nas and then CTRX comes in here because apparently he ran out of pages in his diary so he needed a place to bitch and moan and he took things completely off topic.

And I will tell you, I gave props to Nas for Distant Relatives so I don't see how my "track record" says jack - the last Nas album I liked before distant relatives was God's Son and I won't sit here and praise wack shit like street's disciple and untitled because people think they are classics.

KRS has been dropping average, predictable garbage for a long long time. When he drops something of substance that is good hip-hop OVERALL and not just to his fans I'll give him props (As I did for his song on the DJ Premier compilation).

So it's all about how people perceive things. I can't change if people will just pick and choose the negative and get upset about it.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 3:58 pm

SRP, check yo PMs when you get a chance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 4:12 pm

What the fuck ever Pedro, you're a hypocrite. If someone ever made a thread criticizing K-Rino, Bun-B, or any of your favorites you'd defend them in a heartbeat as well, and you're lying if you say otherwise.

Oh and BTW, Are the Giants MURDERING the Eagles or what!!!!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 4:23 pm

i purposely compared it to Nas because I KNEW it would get a damn response. Also, because many people always are OBSESSED with the idea of Nas/Primo reuniting for an album which i would be all fr, i was just saying if Primo was going to hook up with an MC and do an album id rather have it be Ras Kass...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 4:38 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
What the fuck ever Pedro, you're a hypocrite. If someone ever made a thread criticizing K-Rino, Bun-B, or any of your favorites you'd defend them in a heartbeat as well, and you're lying if you say otherwise.

NO ONE IS CRITICIZING NAS BY SAYING RAS KASS COULD MAKE A BETTER ALBUM THAN HIM!!!!!

If someone said they thought Jay Z could make a better album than K-Rino than so be it - they are both elite emcees so I would not get offended by their comparison.

I could see if this thread said "Soulja Boy could make a better album than Nas" - but it doesn't - it's comparing one elite emcee to another - there is not CRITICISM in that. idiots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 5:27 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:

DID THE GIANTS JUST GET BEAT OR WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! TALK SHIT AFTER THE SCORE IS FINAL OR RISK LOOKING LIKE A FUCKING IDIOT!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 5:28 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:

Damn man, damn. What a brutal way to lose.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 5:55 pm

Don't try to say the discussions we've had about the development of rhyming put me in the position on KJ and ctrx...that was you and KJ pissing and moaning about which emcees are my favorites. Just like this thread.

I could care less what anyone prefers. You jerk-offs are the only ones who refuse to respect simple difference of opinion.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 7:19 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Ras ganked some of you on his new album. The man hasn't really put out a complete legit album since Soul On Ice. And he sounds like Sheek Louch for some damn reason.

So Nas is infinite better on that alone is better overall.

Van Gogh was Razzy's best album albiet some repungnant commercial tracks. The album was never officailly released but the songs made their way to various mixtapes, so what do you mean Ras hadn't drop a real album since SOI? Rassination is pretty decent too
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 8:24 pm

Rassassination>>>>>>>>>>Soul On Ice
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 8:50 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

DID THE GIANTS JUST GET BEAT OR WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! TALK SHIT AFTER THE SCORE IS FINAL OR RISK LOOKING LIKE A FUCKING IDIOT!

Laughing My Ass Off Score = 10 Ass Licker He He lol! Kool John Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 313114 ahh KJ! LOL2

Now that game was a CLASSIC! lol good shit right there, why on earth would you kick it to D Jax? And that onside kicker was way too easy. What a meltdown, I love it.

Go Falcons, soon to be Superbowl champs!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 10:11 pm

Atlanta got lucky that Hasslebeck still (somehow) has a job.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 11:03 pm

Classic thread?

Pretty interesting the fireworks going off in here.

Pedro, I'm a tad perplexed that, as one trumping everyone's entitlement to an opinion, you can make statements like
Quote :
nas hasn't made a classic and the only album of his anyone reall calls ilmatic... Jay said it best. One hot album every 16 year average. Ras classic was 1996 you nas stans need to stop hating. Ras in 2010 is a better rapper than nas.
yet when I happen to voice a contrasting opinion I'm hating, pussyhurt, and bitching.

I don't think my opinion is fact, and neither should any of you. But in the event of a cogent argument or contrast of opinions, as was occurring here regardless of the thread's original intent, it's quite reasonable for one to state his opinions under the assumption that they are merely opinions for the sake of an argument. I'm not looking to backtrack here or add any more flame to anybody's fire because it's not my thing, but I'm afraid KJ is pretty dead on about the double standards and instances of hypocrisy that abound around here. Oh well, guess it's about time for me to go buy myself a new diary.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010, 11:08 pm

"Oh well, guess it's about time for me to go buy myself a new diary."

It's Christmas time. Tell someone to buy that ish for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 12:41 am

ctrx wrote:
Classic thread?

Pedro, I'm a tad perplexed that, as one trumping everyone's entitlement to an opinion, you can make statements like
Quote :
nas hasn't made a classic and the only album of his anyone reall calls ilmatic... Jay said it best. One hot album every 16 year average. Ras classic was 1996 you nas stans need to stop hating. Ras in 2010 is a better rapper than nas.
yet when I happen to voice a contrasting opinion I'm hating, pussyhurt, and bitching.

I don't think my opinion is fact, and neither should any of you. But in the event of a cogent argument or contrast of opinions, as was occurring here regardless of the thread's original intent, it's quite reasonable for one to state his opinions under the assumption that they are merely opinions for the sake of an argument. I'm not looking to backtrack here or add any more flame to anybody's fire because it's not my thing, but I'm afraid KJ is pretty dead on about the double standards and instances of hypocrisy that abound around here. Oh well, guess it's about time for me to go buy myself a new diary.

There's no double standard here, just the insecurity of simple minded people who are overly sensitive when someone states an OPINION. I didn't classify you in that class until your little PMS blow up.

Tell me, if this is just a discussion about the topic - why go into your little diatribe about getting tired of the Nas hate - if you are tired of Nas hate YOU perceive is going on then start your own thread about and you and KJ and powell and k rob can circle jerk each other and be done with it.

I don't think my opinion is fact. I will explain my statement to you further:

1. I DON'T THINK NAS HAS MADE ANY 5 STAR CLASSIC ALBUMS (that I typed the original post should really make it so that I don't have to declare this is merely MY OPINION but apparently you need help with that.

2. Even if I don't rate any Nas albums classic, the ONLY album I see hailed as a true classic album by Nas is Illmatic - I hear plenty of praise for ton of Nas' albums, but real classic talk is only Illmatic - we all know this.

3. The only album of Ras' that I see get ANY classic talk is Soul on Ice.

4. KJ was criticizing Ras because his last classic album came in 1996.

5. I was pointing out that Nas' only classic album is from 1994, so criticizing Ras for his 1996 album is pretty idiotic.

Next time you need any clarification you can just ask and maybe that way you can leave your Dr. Phil moments to yourself.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 8:10 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
ctrx wrote:
Classic thread?

Quote :

There's no double standard here, just the insecurity of simple minded people who are overly sensitive when someone states an OPINION. Score = 0 Score = 0 I didn't classify you in that class until your little PMS blow up.

Tell me, if this is just a discussion about the topic - why go into your little diatribe about getting tired of the Nas hate - if you are tired of Nas hate YOU perceive is going on then start your own thread about and you and KJ and powell and k rob can circle jerk each other and be done with it. Score = 0 Score = 0

I don't think my opinion is fact. I will explain my statement to you further:

1. I DON'T THINK NAS HAS MADE ANY 5 STAR CLASSIC ALBUMS (that I typed the original post should really make it so that I don't have to declare this is merely MY OPINION but apparently you need help with that. Score = 0 Score = 0

2. Even if I don't rate any Nas albums classic, the ONLY album I see hailed as a true classic album by Nas is Illmatic - I hear plenty of praise for ton of Nas' albums, but real classic talk is only Illmatic - we all know this. Score = 0 Score = 0

3. The only album of Ras' that I see get ANY classic talk is Soul on Ice.

4. KJ was criticizing Ras because his last classic album came in 1996.

5. I was pointing out that Nas' only classic album is from 1994, so criticizing Ras for his 1996 album is pretty idiotic. Score = 0 Score = 0

6. If Tony Romo can keep on throwing the ball to Miles Austin/Dez Bryant and maintain his consistent 95 QB rating then Dan Marino can kiss his country ass, cause Romo will go down in history as being waaay better...how 'bout dem cowboys?? Score = 0 Score = 0

Next time you need any clarification you can just ask and maybe that way you can leave your Dr. Phil moments to yourself. Score = 0 Score = 0

Thank GOD your opinion is NOT a FACT....cause then we would all be fucked up mane..... Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 221748 Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 578644
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 10:10 am

KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Basically this is an admission of childishness. You get that, right? You're trying to tar people with the brush that we bait you into discussion by including Nas or KRS, but here you're basically saying that anytime Nas is brought up you will cry and cry until we give up. He's your favorite toy and we're not allowed to play with it. We get it. Some of us just hope, that at some point, you'll grow the fuck up and get over your man-crushes. You all sit and diss K Rino, Haystak, etc, etc etc until the cows come home and we roll with the punches. But some one brings up Nas and suddenly it's "OHHH SHIT! That bitch best not be talkin bout MY MAN!" It's fucking ludicris.

While I agree that to a degree some people do hide their intentions, you act as if we all do. I don't think I have ever lied about my intentions in creating a thread. But you all are so obsessed with Nas and KRS One you make it far too easy. How about you guys grow up and realize it's not an "us against them" thing and it's just a fucking discussion. YOU GUYS turn it into an "us against them" thing about grouping up and trying to attack us one at a time. With the exception of CTRX, I don't see anybody rationally speaking here while defending Nas. Just giving my two cents.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 11:01 am

Well your two cents are like 2 cents.....not worth shit.

Laughing My Ass Off

Like I said its okay to say what you want about any artist. But its very lame to bring up the same artist over and over just to get a rise out of people. That is the problem I have. I can call out things about my fav artist on my own so I have no problem with someone with geniune intentions doing the same. But when someone just does it because they are easy pickings or because they know it will bother certian posters that sir is hating and childish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one   Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nowadays I think a fully PREMO produced Ras Kass album would be better than a Nas one
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next