Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape)

Go down 
+2
arokone
LivenLearn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LivenLearn
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
LivenLearn

Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape) Empty
PostSubject: Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape)   Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape) Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 12:33 am

Hey Guys, This is my first mixtape, I hope you enjoy it, Definitely support and download it...If you cannot I've posted all nine of the tracks on Reverbnation If you would click on this link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you can listen to each track individual and download them as singles are comeback here and download the mixtape, again thnx for listen and keep Hip Hop Alive...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Download Here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tracklist:

1. Crucial
2. Take It To The Limit
3. Feeling It
4. Let It Go
5. The Calling
6. Purpose
7. Nights
8. R.S.S.M
9. Rhythm Of My Life (Bonus)

Last edited by LivenLearn on Fri 15 Apr 2011, 11:50 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape)   Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape) Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 2:55 am

Yo Livenlearn, your link is saying File not found.

BTW - What is the representation of the butterfly on the cover?

Peace
Back to top Go down
LivenLearn
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
LivenLearn

PostSubject: Re: Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape)   Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape) Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 3:10 am

Srry man its fixed now, and I have no clue lol...Actually I found that pircture with life lessons and the butterfly already on there and I was it looked cool so y not, it seems to represent freedom but that's just me being artistic lol
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape)   Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape) Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011, 3:16 am

Yup, it is all good now..

I will give you my thoughts on it tomorrow once I sit down and give it a real good listen. Lol.. Ok, I thought there might of been some symbolizm, but I can see the freedom stance.

Peace
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape)   Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape) Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 2:36 pm

Yo Livenlearn, the mix tape is dope bro!

I like the song selection and they seem to blend very well together. The only thing I would tweak is the album cover..lol.. Otherwise then that dope stuff!

Keep it coming.

Peace
Back to top Go down
PKT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape)   Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape) Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 4:54 pm

I'm gonna download this now, and I'll give some feedback in couple of days.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape)   Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape) Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 4:54 pm

Yo, I just spun that mixtape for the second time, excellent work man. I think it's a bit short but the songs that you chose were all good and they varied in style so it turned out dope. I like that you did a couple slow jam-esque songs, too, I always like those. The flow and content was all on point as always with good ad lib usage. It all sounded really clean. You're making a pretty good name for yourself so far, keep it up man. Hopefully I'll be able to score some recording equipment soon so I can drop some heat rocks for your next mixtape, lol. And like I said, let me know if you wanna use any beats. Peace.
Back to top Go down
LivenLearn
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
LivenLearn

PostSubject: Re: Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape)   Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape) Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jan 2011, 5:29 pm

@ Arokone Thnx for the listen, and yes that cover is kinda wierd lol, but it's growing on me, if I ever had this pressed up I would definitely use something different, but I'm glad ur feeling the tape man

@ PKT...def. man thnx for downloading and the support, can't wait to get ya review

@ Wanduras, Thnx for the listen and feedback much appreciated, yea it was kinda short, but that's because I was pressing to get it done before school started back up, but the next one should be about 15 songs, and have tons of features *fingers crossed* lol, but yea i def. want u and arokone on the mixtape so hopefully the equipment situation will be str8 and we can make it happen

pz.
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape)   Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape) Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jan 2011, 1:37 am

LivenLearn wrote:
@ Arokone Thnx for the listen, and yes that cover is kinda wierd lol, but it's growing on me, if I ever had this pressed up I would definitely use something different, but I'm glad ur feeling the tape man

@ PKT...def. man thnx for downloading and the support, can't wait to get ya review

@ Wanduras, Thnx for the listen and feedback much appreciated, yea it was kinda short, but that's because I was pressing to get it done before school started back up, but the next one should be about 15 songs, and have tons of features *fingers crossed* lol, but yea i def. want u and arokone on the mixtape so hopefully the equipment situation will be str8 and we can make it happen

pz.

Mos def man, keep me posted I'm definitely down to collaborate.

Peace
Back to top Go down
PKT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape)   Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape) Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 12:11 pm

Good stuff, there are 6 tracks that I enjoy, others I skip. The ones i skip are:

Take it to the limit - reason for skip is producers fault not yours, lol. U did well on the mic as usual. But I just can't stand that piano or that guitar. That piano melody is too typical and over-used for my ears and I rarely enjoy electric quitar. With other beat this would be very nice.

The calling - This sounds little bit too commercial for me because of the drums and chorus. Otherwise it's not a bad track.

Nights - Not really my style, sorry.

Others 6 tracks are very dope, and I have those in my mp3. My favorites are "Crucial", "feeling it", "let it go" and "Rap stars state of mind". U are talented and with right beats u can make pretty dope songs.

With headphones, mixing sounds good. But with my real speakers, it doesn't sound so good anymore, so whoever mixed this, it's hes/her fault, lol. Im not saying that im some "sensei of mixing" (im far away from that Laughing ) but I can hear if music is not mixed right.
Back to top Go down
LivenLearn
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
LivenLearn

PostSubject: Re: Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape)   Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape) Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 5:46 pm

I think 6 tracks out nine is awesome, considering most albums today have 4 good songs outta 15 lol...About the mixing I first had it mixed on my stereo speakers, then I listened in my headphones and it sounded crap, and I mixed it for my headphones, and I never went back to the speakers to test so, I def. have to wrk on that...I think I was more in a rush cuz I knew i wouldn't have time to do a mixtape in the future so I needed to get it out if I could, but its coo, my next mixtape that probably won't come out til late spring or summer will be better mixed and have features which is another thing this mixtape is lacking, but its my first, so thnx for the listen and appreciate the feedback a ton...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape)   Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape) Icon_minitimeMon 17 Jan 2011, 6:57 pm

Damn... Don't know how I missed this. Downloading now.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape)   Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape) Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 4:32 am

Wow... this is dope...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
LivenLearn
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
LivenLearn

PostSubject: Re: Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape)   Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape) Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 1:51 pm

Thnx for the listen lundquist, and Shaun check it out man it's not a bad listen....
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape)   Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape) Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 6:13 pm

Ok, first things first... Try using something other than Usershare next time lol. This took almost an hour to download.

Worth it, though. Good stuff, man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape)   Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life Lessons Volume 1 (My First Mixtape)
Page 1 of 1