Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves

Go down 
+5
Tic706
Shaun
T. Myers
Myestro
KJ Styles
9 posters
AuthorMessage
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Empty
PostSubject: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeTue 22 Feb 2011, 7:40 pm

DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Dc-the10[/url][/img]

This album is BANGIN!!! Big Ups to Terry for the rec. I downloaded this last night and have bumped it twice today and it's fuckin AWESOME!!! In fact, this album is probably the best I've heard since 2008. DC the Midi Alien is an excellent lyricist and his subject matter is hella deep, not to mention the stellar production.

If you're not a fan of political hip-hop then I wouldn't recommend this to you, but otherwise then you need to bump this shit IMMEDIATELY!! DC is an absolute BEAST! Fuck RapReviews and HHDX for not knowing about this dude. He's a savage beast!! I'm inclined to call this a classic because there's no weak songs on this album at all, but for now I'll say it's at least 4.5 stars.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeTue 22 Feb 2011, 8:03 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Dc-the10[/url][/img]

This album is BANGIN!!! Big Ups to Terry for the rec. I downloaded this last night and have bumped it twice today and it's fuckin AWESOME!!! In fact, this album is probably the best I've heard since 2008. DC the Midi Alien is an excellent lyricist and his subject matter is hella deep, not to mention the stellar production.

If you're not a fan of political hip-hop then I wouldn't recommend this to you, but otherwise then you need to bump this shit IMMEDIATELY!! DC is an absolute BEAST! Fuck RapReviews and HHDX for not knowing about this dude. He's a savage beast!! I'm inclined to call this a classic because there's no weak songs on this album at all, but for now I'll say it's at least 4.5 stars.

I thought he was just a producer/DJ, you know, like DJ Premier.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeTue 22 Feb 2011, 8:18 pm

Well I'm new to the dude, pardon me....LOL!
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeTue 22 Feb 2011, 8:24 pm

S'all good. I haven't heard this one yet, but I will be getting it soon. You might wanna check out the East Coast Avengers album if you like this. I obviously can't say if they're similar or not, but DC the MIDI Alien is the producer, and Esoteric and Trademarc (same Trademarc from that John Cena song & video) are the emcees. It's definitely political in theme, if you're into that stuff.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeTue 22 Feb 2011, 10:12 pm

Myestro wrote:
S'all good. I haven't heard this one yet, but I will be getting it soon. You might wanna check out the East Coast Avengers album if you like this. I obviously can't say if they're similar or not, but DC the MIDI Alien is the producer, and Esoteric and Trademarc (same Trademarc from that John Cena song & video) are the emcees. It's definitely political in theme, if you're into that stuff.

I'll check it out sometime.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeTue 22 Feb 2011, 10:14 pm

Yeah, DC just does the beats, and he's definitely nice on the boards. I have this at 4.5 stars. As a matter of fact, i spun this twice today, and i may like it as much as Alien Baby. He has a nice line up of mc's for the album. Esoteric and/or trademarc are on about 11 of the 18 tracks. Paz is on here. Sabac is on 2 songs. Slaine is on here, and he kills his verse IMO. Plus verses from Reks, Termanology, Blacastan, Reef ThE Lost Cauze, Main Flow, and Outerspace
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeTue 22 Feb 2011, 10:17 pm

I would cop or DL Prison Planet just for Kill Bill O'Reilly and The Trouble With Motorcades. I wish i hadn't slept on Prison Planet for as long as i did.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeTue 22 Feb 2011, 11:36 pm

Main Flow>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011, 12:06 am

T. Myers wrote:
I would cop or DL Prison Planet just for Kill Bill O'Reilly and The Trouble With Motorcades. I wish i hadn't slept on Prison Planet for as long as i did.

Those two, and I (personally) love Win/Win Situation and Vengeance. Though I will admit, listening to trademarc breathe in tends to get on my nerves. Though any emcee that does that has the same effect.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011, 12:09 am

Myestro wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Those two, and I (personally) love Win/Win Situation and Vengeance. Though I will admit, listening to trademarc breathe in tends to get on my nerves. Though any emcee that does that has the same effect.

LOL, especially fat mc's. it sounds like they are gonna inhale the mic.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011, 11:01 am

If KJ likes it I betta check it out...lol.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011, 6:52 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Myestro wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

LOL, especially fat mc's. it sounds like they are gonna inhale the mic.

Exactly! It's just one of those things that, if I notice it, I can't listen to that song again without it sticking out. One of my pet peeves, I guess.
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 6:23 am

To be honest, "Prison Planet" was much better to me. DC is an above-average producer, nothing to say about that, but I'm not sold on this one.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 10:41 am

This album sounds quite excellent on first listen. I don't usually care too much for producer albums...I don't think they ever amount to more than a collection of unrelated tracks. DC seems to avoid that by featuring ECA regularly. Also, he runs that dynamic, epic AOTP soundscape...but manages to keep it reigned in and contained-sounding. Well-balanced I would say. Time will tell, but of everything I've checked out lately I'm most excited about this.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 10:54 am

parker lewis wrote:
This album sounds quite excellent on first listen. I don't usually care too much for producer albums...I don't think they ever amount to more than a collection of unrelated tracks. DC seems to avoid that by featuring ECA regularly. Also, he runs that dynamic, epic AOTP soundscape...but manages to keep it reigned in and contained-sounding. Well-balanced I would say. Time will tell, but of everything I've checked out lately I'm most excited about this.

Yeah, i think the album was held together quite nicely due to most of the mc's feeling right at home with the them and concept. To be honest, i think DC is the perfect compliment to Sabac. I'd love to hear from them together in the future.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 6:58 am

I also appreciate that this album is political, without getting too deep into conspiracy. They mainly focus on the headlines and the fact that our mainstream news media is corporate sponsored propaganda. I think we have certainly reached a point where that is no longer an outrageous point of view.
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 7:27 am

I listened to it 7-8 times in the last two weeks, I pretty much confirm what I've said before, Prison Planet was iller. The radio station hijack was a good conceptual idea, but I think that all the radio interruptions and interviews are somewhat boring, you skip those to hear the next track. I like DC very much, but I also think that some beats here are lazy. Man Made Ways, The Spirit Pt. 2, Technology Takeover and Recession stand out, but the rest is average to me. Prison Planet contained only 3 to 4 skippable songs.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 9:56 am

mistadave wrote:
I listened to it 7-8 times in the last two weeks, I pretty much confirm what I've said before, Prison Planet was iller. The radio station hijack was a good conceptual idea, but I think that all the radio interruptions and interviews are somewhat boring, you skip those to hear the next track. I like DC very much, but I also think that some beats here are lazy. Man Made Ways, The Spirit Pt. 2, Technology Takeover and Recession stand out, but the rest is average to me. Prison Planet contained only 3 to 4 skippable songs.

I don't agree at all. While the production on Prison Planet may have been iller, I like the rhymes on Avenger Airwaves a lot more.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 6:28 pm

Disposable Heroes! I love that song, even if I did hear the same (or a VERY similar) beat on Del & Tame One's Parallel Uni-Verses.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 10:30 pm

Totally didn't expect to like this and I really did.
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 4:59 am

Myestro wrote:
Disposable Heroes! I love that song, even if I did hear the same (or a VERY similar) beat on Del & Tame One's Parallel Uni-Verses.

It's the same exact.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitimeFri 19 Aug 2011, 3:05 pm

This shit is nice, 4 stars for me right now. I liked the concept of a hostile radio takeover, although it kinda made some of the social commentary seem a little hollow and more like platitudes that just contributed to the story in the album. I didn't hear a lot of sincerity, just dope beats and different MCs trying to show off. Not that that is a bad thing, it just kinda took away from the concept behind the album for me. Add that the thing is long and kinda dips in the middle and you have the reasons I'm only giving it 4 stars for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves   DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DC The Midi Alien- Avengers Airwaves
Page 1 of 1