Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13

Go down 
+5
D.Powell
SyRuP Sippa
Tic706
KJ Styles
T. Myers
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Empty
PostSubject: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 10:35 am

H-Town
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:12 pm

Did they have any hits besides Knockin The Boots? I think you reached with this one Terry.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:21 pm

I prefer any of their songs over Ginny's.

Part Time Lover
Knockin Boots
Emotions
They Like It Slow
Thin Line Between Love & Hate

Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:29 pm

h-town definitely had hits other than knockin boots and plenty of dope album tracks...I think KJ just isn't down with the h-town.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:30 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Did they have any hits besides Knockin The Boots? I think you reached with this one Terry.

Yes, they've had other hits. They may not have been Boyz II Men sized hits, but they were still successful enough.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:34 pm

Part Time Lover
Knockin Boots
U Will Know(this was a Black Men United Song, but i'm pretty sure H-Town contribute to this song)
They Like It Slow
Thin Line Between Love & Hate
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:34 pm

Yep, they used to play the video for They Like It Slow all the time on TV and that song got plenty of spins on the radio. The ignorance of some of these people, I swear.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
h-town definitely had hits other than knockin boots and plenty of dope album tracks...I think KJ just isn't down with the h-town.

I never saw any other videos from them or any other tracks that got frequent radio airplay and back then I used to watch video shows a great deal. They may have had other good songs, but these guys are one hit wonders for the most part. Besides Knockin Da Boots, the only other song I remember from them is the joint from the Above The Rim soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:36 pm

I almost put U Will Know but that song is a reach imo. Classic song no doubt though.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:36 pm

H-Town were basically one hit wonders with a few minor hits..that's what they were, those who really know about r&b already understand this fact....they are not an ALL-TIME group...lol..stop that bullshit mane

Here's my top 4 from them:

Knockin' The Boots
Keepin' My Composure
Thin Line Between Love And Hate
Fever For Da Flavor

they were never on the level of Shai, Boyz II Men, Jodeci, Dru Hill, New Edition, New Kids On The Block, or a few other boy groups, but they did have impact because of that one major, major hit Knockin' The Boots (R.I.P. Dino)

Last edited by D.Powell on Wed 18 May 2011, 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

You don't remember They like It Slow or a Thin Line Between Love and Hate? Both of those got regular play around my neck of the woods.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:37 pm

D.Powell wrote:
H-Town were basically one hit wonders with a few minor hits..that's what they were, those who really know about r&b already understand this fact....they are not an ALL-TIME group...lol..stop that bullshit mane

Knockin' The Boots
Keepin' My Composure
Fever For Da Flavor

they were never on the level of Shai, Boyz II Men, Jodeci, Dru Hill, New Edition, New Kids On The Block, or a few other boy groups, but they did have impact because of that one major, major hit Knockin The Boots (R.I.P. Dino)

Shai? really? Shai is as much of a one hit wonder as H-Town is.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:39 pm

D.Powell wrote:

Knockin' The Boots
Keepin' My Composure
Fever For Da Flavor

they were never on the level of Shai, Boyz II Men, Jodeci, Dru Hill, New Edition, New Kids On The Block, or a few other boy groups, but they did have impact because of that one major, major hit Knockin' The Boots (R.I.P. Dino)

Learn to read buddy. Where did anyone call them all-time or on the level of any of those groups? And Dru Hill had one, maybe two good albums, so you reaching there too bud.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:39 pm

I think they got more rotation in the southern region. And they were one hit wonders for the most part but had other dope songs.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:42 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
I almost put U Will Know but that song is a reach imo. Classic song no doubt though.

It probably was a reach, but the songs too damn good not to get mentioned on one of these lists. I guess it could have been listed as a D'Angelo song, but that might be a reach too.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:42 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Knockin' The Boots
Keepin' My Composure
Fever For Da Flavor

Learn to read buddy. Where did anyone call them all-time or on the level of any of those groups? And Dru Hill had one, maybe two good albums, so you reaching there too bud.

Get The Fuck Out you don't know diddlee squat about r&b with that dumb ass comment...Dru Hill was waaaay larger than H-Town and also gave us Sisqo for better or for worse and he by himself was larger than H-Town sooooooo!
Laughing My Ass Off

Last edited by D.Powell on Wed 18 May 2011, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:43 pm

D.Powell wrote:

Exactly! Part Time Lover and Thin Line were minor hits at best. Knockin Da Boots was the only track that charted highly.

As for the songs you mentioned Terry, I might remember them if I heard them but they weren't big hits considering all the big groups that were out at the time. These guys are only really remembered nationwide because of Knockin Da Boots, which ended up becoming a catch phrase.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:44 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
I think they got more rotation in the southern region. And they were one hit wonders for the most part but had other dope songs.

They got play up north Kev...Knockin' the Boots was universal my dude....that shit got overplayed up here man....they were in heavy rotation on video music box back in the days
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:44 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Knockin' The Boots
Keepin' My Composure
Fever For Da Flavor

Get The Fuck Out you don't know diddle squat about r&b with that dumb ass comment...Dru Hill was waaaay larger than H-Town and also gave us Sisqo for better or for worse and he by himself was larger than H-Town sooooooo!
Laughing My Ass Off

Once again your reading skills are lacking. Where did I say H-Town was bigger or even on the level of Dru Hill? I didn't. I said it is a reach to call Dru Hill an all time rnb group based on one CD worth of hits. And really? Mr. Thong Song wasn't as much of a one hit wonder?
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:46 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Exactly! Part Time Lover and Thin Line were minor hits at best. Knockin Da Boots was the only track that charted highly.

As for the songs you mentioned Terry, I might remember them if I heard them but they weren't big hits considering all the big groups that were out at the time. These guys are only really remembered nationwide because of Knockin Da Boots, which ended up becoming a catch phrase.

No one is saying these guys were chart toppers. But you questioned their validity on this thread which is just top five rnb, not everyone mentioned here is going to be an all time great. They were a dope rnb group and just because you never bothered to buy one of their albums doesn't mean they didn't have plenty of dope songs.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:46 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Knockin' The Boots
Keepin' My Composure
Fever For Da Flavor

Get The Fuck Out you don't know diddle squat about r&b with that dumb ass comment...Dru Hill was waaaay larger than H-Town and also gave us Sisqo for better or for worse and he by himself was larger than H-Town sooooooo!
Laughing My Ass Off

C'mon Powell. This is about the music. Dru Hill made one really dope album, a really good album, and them some stuff with a whole bunch of filler. You and i both know Sisqo was a poor man's K-Ci. Don't get me wrong. I dig some Dru Hill stuff, but lets be real here.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:47 pm

D.Powell wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:

They got play up north Kev...Knockin' the Boots was universal my dude....that shit got overplayed up here man....they were in heavy rotation on video music box back in the days

No i'm saying their other songs other than Knockin' Boots. I know a lot of folks around here that were big on H-Town.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:48 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisq%C3%B3#Solo_discography

read that and then tell me that Sisqo by himself wasn't larger than H-Town

is he an all-time r&b performer?? NO

Are Dru Hill?? NO

but I have both of them ahead of H-Town by a whole fuckin bunch....lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:50 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:

No i'm saying their other songs other than Knockin' Boots. I know a lot of folks around here that were big on H-Town.

They Like It Slow was definitely big around here.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:50 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Knockin' The Boots
Keepin' My Composure
Fever For Da Flavor

Dru Hill was a MUCH MORE well known and successful group than H-Town was.

Do you even listen to R&B anyway? Not once have you submitted a Top 5 list since this topic started so I think you either don't know much about it and you're talking out of your ass (as usual) or you don't listen to it too much.

Bottom line, H-Town is by far the least accomplished act nominated thus far.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:52 pm

Hey mane,

everything is BIGGER in Tex-ASS

right??

but seriously though H-Town was not wack by any means IMO, they just weren't that dope either...they were average IMO.....they made one huge song....then a few minor ones that I loved as well....they are in my top 400 for r&b...so at least they chart on the list....lol

Last edited by D.Powell on Wed 18 May 2011, 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:53 pm

D.Powell wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisq%C3%B3#Solo_discography

read that and then tell me that Sisqo by himself wasn't larger than H-Town

is he an all-time r&b performer?? NO

Are Dru Hill?? NO

but I have both of them ahead of H-Town by a whole fuckin bunch....lol

Dru Hill is better than H-Town, but it's certainly not because they were larger than H-Town.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:53 pm

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Knockin' The Boots
Keepin' My Composure
Fever For Da Flavor

Laughing My Ass Off

C'mon Powell. This is about the music. Dru Hill made one really dope album, a really good album, and them some stuff with a whole bunch of filler. You and i both know Sisqo was a poor man's K-Ci. Don't get me wrong. I dig some Dru Hill stuff, but lets be real here.

I liked Dru Hill's first two albums personally. What you said about Sisqo is correct, he's no K-Ci but Powell is correct, Sisqo by himself and especially Dru Hill were more successful than H-Town.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:56 pm

I like Dru's first two albums as well. Their 2nd one is a little too pop and soft at some spots though and that brings it down. Their 1st one is bangin from front to back though. I'm just saying that overall success is not a measuring stick of how great an artist is. Seriously think about how many artists were bigger than dudes like Christopher Williams and Alexander O'Neal, but how many of them were actually better?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 12:59 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I like Dru's first two albums as well. Their 2nd one is a little too pop and soft at some spots though and that brings it down. Their 1st one is bangin from front to back though. I'm just saying that overall success is not a measuring stick of how great an artist is. Seriously think about how many artists were bigger than dudes like Christopher Williams and Alexander O'Neal, but how many of them were actually better?

I'm going to co-sign that statement Terry...you are 100% correct man!
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 1:00 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

No one is saying these guys were chart toppers. But you questioned their validity on this thread which is just top five rnb, not everyone mentioned here is going to be an all time great. They were a dope rnb group and just because you never bothered to buy one of their albums doesn't mean they didn't have plenty of dope songs.

Learn to read, Pedro. I never said that these guys weren't good. I said that they didn't have many big hits and they were nominated for this way too early. That's the only point I was trying to make.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 1:28 pm

Kev my Top 5 is the same as yours homie. As far as this debate goes, outside of those 5 songs and outside of the South, I'm really not sure how many folks know about H-Town. They are relevant but not on a level of Dru Hill. I actually like Enter The Dru better than the debut. The debut album had better slow jams overall but the fast songs were awful IMO.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 2:03 pm

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Knockin' The Boots
Keepin' My Composure
Fever For Da Flavor

they were never on the level of Shai, Boyz II Men, Jodeci, Dru Hill, New Edition, New Kids On The Block, or a few other boy groups, but they did have impact because of that one major, major hit Knockin The Boots (R.I.P. Dino)

Shai? really? Shai is as much of a one hit wonder as H-Town is.

Didn't see this earlier but Shai had more than one hit Terry

of course they had If I Ever Fall In Love, but they also had Comforter (which is my favorite from them by the way) Baby I'm Yours and Together Forever....those first 3 were pretty decent hits Terry, do your homework on those man....

Shai is NOT an all-time r&b group either but by just having 3 major hits they had more than H-Town man....check the resume..lol
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 2:09 pm

You mentioned Shai and Dru Hill on your list of all time groups Powell, and now you backpedal? Shai is known for ONE song. They are as much of a one hit wonder as H-Town, it just so happens their ONE song was bigger than H-Town's ONE song.

And KJ, always to your same argument "you must not be a fan" etc... I love R&B I just dislike top 5s which is why I barely post in the rap ones, and won't in this one. I will interject in the discussion when I feel I have something to add though.

Dru Hill had a lot of hits and made some good music, but they also had plenty of crap and corny shit.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 2:15 pm

If I Ever Fall In Love and Comforter was the extent of their hits for the most part Powell. I know for a fact that Knockin Da Boots, Thin Line Between Love And Hate, and They like It Slow were all successful hits.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 2:21 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
You mentioned Shai and Dru Hill on your list of all time groups Powell, and now you backpedal? Shai is known for ONE song. They are as much of a one hit wonder as H-Town, it just so happens their ONE song was bigger than H-Town's ONE song.

And KJ, always to your same argument "you must not be a fan" etc... I love R&B I just dislike top 5s which is why I barely post in the rap ones, and won't in this one. I will interject in the discussion when I feel I have something to add though.

Dru Hill had a lot of hits and made some good music, but they also had plenty of crap and corny shit.

when did I mention Shai and Dru Hill on my list of all-time groups Pedro? show me that quote!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 2:23 pm

T. Myers wrote:
If I Ever Fall In Love and Comforter was the extent of their hits for the most part Powell. I know for a fact that Knockin Da Boots, Thin Line Between Love And Hate, and They like It Slow were all successful hits.

song was HUGE Tee, sorry mane! add it to their list....they hit higher highs than H-Town...it is what it is mane!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 2:23 pm

You said they were not an all time group, and then you said they were not on the level of Shai. I'm not sure you meant it to sound that way, but that's how it came across.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 2:27 pm

1. Michael Jackson/The Jackson 5
2. Prince
3. Stevie Wonder
4. Earth, Wind And Fire
5. Chaka Khan
6. The Isley Brothers
7. New Edition
8. Sade
9. Mary J. Blige
10. Marvin Gaye
11. Guy
12. Shalamar
13. Loose Ends
14. S.O.S. Band
15.The Gap Band
16. Anita Baker
17. Luther Vandross
18. Jodeci
19. Chic
20. R.Kelly

this should hopefully clarify anything that dumb ass Pedro says about my r&b preferences from now on....because these are my top 20 r&b acts of all-time IMO......these are the 20 elite acts from the genre according to the type of sound that I love.....don't get it fucked up Pedro......read and comprehend compadre...lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 2:30 pm

D.Powell wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

song was HUGE Tee, sorry mane! add it to their list....they hit higher highs than H-Town...it is what it is mane!

They like It Slow and Thin line Between Love and Hate both charted higher on the R&B charts than this.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 2:36 pm

And Shai's If I Ever Fall In Love charted higher on the charts than H-Town's biggest hit of all-time Knockin' The Boots...soooooooo! like I previously said...lol
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 2:38 pm

D.Powell wrote:

Knockin' The Boots
Keepin' My Composure
Fever For Da Flavor

When you say they are not an all time group and then say they are not like these other groups you are implying that these other groups are all time groups, if you didn't mean it that way you should have phrased it differently.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 2:39 pm

D.Powell wrote:
And Shai's If I Ever Fall In Love charted higher on the charts than H-Town's biggest hit of all-time Knockin' The Boots...soooooooo! like I previously said...lol

Both were #1 on the R&B charts, but if i had to guess, i'd say Shai stayed their longer than H-Town. Either way, both songs were at #1, and Shai and H-Town are very comparable. That being said, i do think Shai is better than H-Town, but it's but it's not by a bunch IMO.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 2:40 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

when did I mention Shai and Dru Hill on my list of all-time groups Pedro? show me that quote!

D.Powell wrote:

I guess it's confirmed you don't even bother to read what people post before you talk, huh powell?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 2:42 pm

no stupid I'm comparing the best of the best between the 2 groups....yo man...I'm going to quote Parker "YOUR RETARTED"

If it's (their biggest single) charting higher than H-Town's biggest single then what does that say Pedro???? higher highs maybe??? dumb ass....lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 2:44 pm

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Both were #1 on the R&B charts, but if i had to guess, i'd say Shai stayed their longer than H-Town. Either way, both songs were at #1, and Shai and H-Town are very comparable. That being said, i do think Shai is better than H-Town, but it's but it's not by a bunch IMO.

I'm talking about Shai being number 2 on the Top 40 list as well which is the biggest list in the country or at least it was at the time.....number 1 on the R&B charts is big but not as big as Top 40
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 2:48 pm

Yo Pedro I'm glad you've returned mane....I was starting to get bored on here....can you find Steven and bring him back as well??? we need more idiots like you and him around...it makes the place alive and makes everyone involved understand that there are some really fuckin stupid people out there...lol

You haven't listed EVEN ONE top 5 R&B list under any of the threads that Terry has done man.......your fuckin dumb...stick to Nickatina and Mac Dre dum-may.......things that you might know just a little bit about

your only on this particular thread running your mouth because H-Town is from Tex-ASS just like you....lol....
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 3:48 pm

Obviously, anyone is entitled to their opinion. However, if you're not participating in that particular thread, why bother commenting at all. Pedro, you definitely participate in different threads and add valuable discussion to those threads but if you're not going to participate in a Top 5 thread, why bother commenting on them at all?
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 4:07 pm

Highsmith wrote:
Obviously, anyone is entitled to their opinion. However, if you're not participating in that particular thread, why bother commenting at all. Pedro, you definitely participate in different threads and add valuable discussion to those threads but if you're not going to participate in a Top 5 thread, why bother commenting on them at all?

Why fools get all butt hurt when you post your opinions on certain artists (even if you been participating in the threads). It goes both ways...not taking a shot at you, Highsmith.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2011, 4:11 pm

Knockin' Da Boots (easy favorite)
Beggars Can't Be Choosey
Special Kinda Fool
Treat U Right
Emotions

R.I.P. Dino
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 13
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next