Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This

Go down 
+8
D.Powell
Deanie O'Banion
ctrx
KJ Styles
Tic706
Half
Shaun
SyRuP Sippa
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This   Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Aug 2011, 2:13 pm

http://www.pewinternet.org/Infographics/Interaction-with-the-Web-by-Race-and-Gender-2001.aspx

http://www.pewinternet.org/Commentary/2010/September/Technology-Trends-Among-People-of-Color.aspx

That's the funny thing though, there is data out there to fuel this debate, but people who already have their mind made up are not interested in it.

http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-02.pdf

Right now you have 16 % hispanic, 12% black, 5% asian, and 6% other. That still leaves the majority white. Sure, at the same growth rate hispanics will outnumber whites eventually but that doesn't happen.

The surveys from the pew institute do show that the gap in internet access between whites and minorities is closing and hispanics and blacks are more likely to listen and download music online than whites. Is the difference big enough to close any gap in sales as far as "fans" go... that is debatable. With Hispanics the biggest growing population are they hip-hop fans in such wide numbers to make it so that people of color in general will be the majority audience here? who knows.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This   Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Aug 2011, 6:45 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Really... more people remember Das EFX than House of Pain or Kriss Kross? Do you have any respect for reality at all? Do me a favor... next time you go to work, just ask a few people if they remember Jump Around, Jump, and any song from Das EFX. Go ahead, try it.

I definitely already established that KJ has no idea how to use the word 'prolific' a couple months back.

Most hip-hop fans I know remember all 3, but say that Das EFX was the best of the 3. I never said that one group was more memorable than the others, but that Das EFX's work was more memorable beyond their first hit record than the other two.

And you didn't establish anything other than being a tool.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This   Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Aug 2011, 6:48 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Powell glad you said something about Shuans comment. I wanted to but was too lazy to get all in it.

KJ I bet just as many people luv that 1st House Of Pain album as Dead Serious. You just have a hard time being objective. It can be debated that HOP single handely saved the white emcee from being a complete joke to the black/latino communtiy during that time when Vanilla Ice almost killed the species...lol.

I like HOP's first album too, but I don't consider it a classic like I do Dead Serious. And HOP didn't save the white MC from being a joke, 3rd Bass did.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This   Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Aug 2011, 10:15 am

Holy shit. This thread is, without a doubt, the most that anyone on the planet has discussed either of these three groups since the mid 90s. To respond to the original post...this video and song was wack as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This   Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 5:46 pm

Wow I miss this. Terrible
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This   Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Sep 2011, 6:00 pm

Oh yeah. This is being moved, btw.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This   Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 2:42 pm

Yeah,Drayz looks like he has bad breath. This is mos def the lowest point in hip hop. Its hard now arguing to new kids about how old school artist are better when they do shit like this.

Here's one clever line from Wayne that should be aimed at Drayz:

"Hold the world in my hand/ smack the shit out you with my other hand" OK maybe it wasnt that clever

Last edited by Dang! Trotter on Wed 07 Sep 2011, 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This   Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 2:42 pm

Laughing My Ass Off
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This   Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Sep 2011, 11:29 am

Im glad Skoob wasn't in the video
Back to top Go down
Blades
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Blades

PostSubject: Re: Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This   Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:00 am

Das Efx= Real Hip Hip... Maybe not anymore but these cats who came in with their own style and 3 dope albums on the 90's. They had some of the best production at the time and kept it hood unlike copycat group "Fu-schnickens".
Back to top Go down
Blades
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Blades

PostSubject: Re: Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This   Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:01 am

But I forgot to mention this track makes me want to bliggity blow my brains out
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This   Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 12:50 pm

Blades wrote:
Das Efx= Real Hip Hip... Maybe not anymore but these cats who came in with their own style and 3 dope albums on the 90's. They had some of the best production at the time and kept it hood unlike copycat group "Fu-schnickens".

I dont think Fu copied Das Efx no more than I think Wu copied the Fu
Back to top Go down
Blades
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Blades

PostSubject: Re: Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This   Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 1:49 pm

Then you would agree that U-God stole Shaquille O'Neal's style.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This   Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drayz of Das Efx (ft. Lil Wayne) - Die Like This
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3