Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace

Go down 
+2
Half
Shaun
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace Empty
PostSubject: Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace   Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace Icon_minitimeFri 05 Aug 2011, 11:00 pm

No thoughts on this, yet? I'm on my 4th spin right now, and I'm liking it a lot. Slaine is killin' it lyrically. Good topics and stories throughout with complex lyricism. Mix that with Statik's production (if you're a fan, you'll love it) and you get a superb album. The guests tear it up, too. They aren't overshadowed by Slaine too much, either. Term's verse is one of the best I've ever heard from him.

Right now I'd give this just under 4.5 stars. It doesn't flow quite as well as Lyrical Workout, but it's seeming to have more standouts right now.

Favorite tracks:

That's How It Is
Run It
Offensive Lines
Night After Night
Mistaken Identity
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace   Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 9:57 pm

4.5 stars, wow. I'll have to hear this.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace   Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 11:15 pm

Yeah, it's real dope. Slaine is really friggin' good, and I've never really noticed before. He sounds a lot like Saigon to me (voice, flow, wordplay sometimes), but I like Sai, so it's not a bad thing. Statik has catapulted into my top 10 producers of all time, too.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace   Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2011, 10:43 am

I'll give it about 4 stars. Slaine's really becoming one of my favorite mc's. On a side note, i'm really not seeing the Sai comparisons.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace   Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2011, 10:54 am

God-dayum... yet another told-ya-so moment for yours truly. Have you guys not heard White Man Is the Devil 1 & 2? Get to it if not. I knew he was on his way the first time I heard him on Ill Bill is the Future 2... another strong rec, by the way.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace   Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2011, 10:57 am

I have yet to hear the Statik collabo. I like to unplug for the summer and can't figure out how to interface my droid to my desktop for downloads.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace   Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2011, 11:03 am

parker lewis wrote:
God-dayum... yet another told-ya-so moment for yours truly. Have you guys not heard White Man Is the Devil 1 & 2? Get to it if not. I knew he was on his way the first time I heard him on Ill Bill is the Future 2... another strong rec, by the way.

This isn't really a recent thing for me. I would credit you and Jeff for putting me on to him though. I've been on the band wagon since ABYCT dropped, and i physicals of Vol 1, Vol 2, The Devil Never Dies, Special Teamz, and A World With No Skies. Speaking of which, there are cheap copies of the OG on Amazon or you can get one by pre-ordering the 2.0 version w/t-shirt package from Suburban Noize's website.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace   Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2011, 11:43 am

Parker,
Go to the Droid market, download the datpiff app, search for slaine and stream this right on your phone.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace   Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2011, 11:48 am

And personally I got this at like a 3.75... one of the better mixtapes I've heard this year... just a little short and some of the beats are a little shallow too me... would prefer a little more bass is all..
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace   Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011, 10:01 am

Night After Night
Mistaken Identity
American Way

Three of my favorite songs that were on the OG AWWNS but removed from AWWNS 2.0 (and on this mixtape). smh.

I got my pre-order AWWNS 2.0 yesterday and only breezed through it a bit. Need to give it a more thorough listen, but my first thought is it isn't as good the OG version. Largely because those 3 songs, along with Crillionaires and Landscapes are no longer on it. Oh well.

I'm thinking this may just be a case of letting the album grow on you a bit more, especially since I was such a big fan of the original.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace   Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011, 10:08 am

Did yours come with the bonus disc?
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace   Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011, 10:15 am

T. Myers wrote:
Did yours come with the bonus disc?

Yeah. It seems like he's trying to get rid of them any way he can since he can't technically sell them because of the samples. I was at the Heavy Metal Kings tour show in Philly (which was NUTS btw) last month and he was selling them there too. It's a shame, it really is a great album. The OG version, I mean.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace   Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011, 11:00 am

No, 2.0 has a bonus disc with like 5 tracks. Did your 2.0 copy come with it.
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace   Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011, 11:16 am

Oh, yeah it did. 5 tracks:

1. Unstoppable
2. The Most Dangerous Drug in the World
3. What it Feel Like
4. The Problem
5. Insomnia (also from the OG AWWNS)

It's inside the same case as the album. Double-CD case.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace   Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011, 11:48 am

Cool, i was worried it was still an FYE exclusive, but i wanted an extra copy of the OG so i preordered. I still haven't gotten my shipment confirmstion yet but hopefully soon though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace   Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slaine & Statik Selektah- State Of Grace
Page 1 of 1