Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne

Go down 
+13
Dang! Trotter
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Tic706
thelundquist
Shaun
Justin Linker
Wanduras
Highsmith
Half
KJ Styles
T. Myers
SyRuP Sippa
Xcel
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 7:30 am

I don't like any of the Vols. or BP2 except for a few choice tracks. I only like MBDTF from Ye.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 1:00 pm

Does anyone know if the deluxe edition was release today or the 23rd? Don't want to drive down to Best Buy for nothing.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 1:07 pm

Shaun wrote:
Nah, anyone who thinks Vol 3. isn't somewhat dope is a straight up Jay-Z hater

I like Vol 2 better than Vol 3, and I'd say The Dynasty and Vol 3 are on par with each other.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 1:08 pm

thelundquist wrote:
I don't like any of the Vols. or BP2 except for a few choice tracks. I only like MBDTF from Ye.

College Dropout and Late Registration >>>>>> MBDTF

And Vol 1 is a near classic IMO.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 1:24 pm

The deluxe edition was released today.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 1:31 pm

Cool, I don't know why Best Buy and Amazon has it listed as being release on the 23rd...Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 3:07 pm

Deluxe edition is $16.99 at Best Buy. I almost picked it up with Success Is Certain, but I decided against it
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 3:10 pm

It's on sale for 12.99 at best buy...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 3:14 pm

The regular is 12.99. Deluxe was 16.99. Unless that was just at my location
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 3:15 pm

Online they list the deluxe at 12.99 regular price 19.99...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 3:19 pm

ha
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 3:36 pm

I paid $12.99 for the deluxe.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 4:26 pm

I, too, paid $12.99. Dope packaging.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 5:04 pm

Yeah, i dig the packaging
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 7:05 pm

Good convo... basically every single opinion in this thread so far is represented...

Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug 2011, 10:04 am

Deanie O'Banion wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Shaun wrote:
I've been thinking about it, and I dislike just about every Jay song that has Kanye's stamp on it that I can think of(post- Blueprint).

You didn't like Encore or Lucifer? Those are bangers IMO. Two of my fav tracks on The Black Album.

You ever heard Max Romeo's Chase The Devil?

That was dope. Hadn't heard that before...dude looks like George Clinton, lol.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug 2011, 4:33 pm

Wanduras wrote:
Deanie O'Banion wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Shaun wrote:
I've been thinking about it, and I dislike just about every Jay song that has Kanye's stamp on it that I can think of(post- Blueprint).

You didn't like Encore or Lucifer? Those are bangers IMO. Two of my fav tracks on The Black Album.

You ever heard Max Romeo's Chase The Devil?

That was dope. Hadn't heard that before...dude looks like George Clinton, lol.

Mid 70's cut produced by the living legend Lee Perry. Glad you appreciated that Wanduras.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Aug 2011, 11:32 am

Ah, I forgot about those two. I change my statement to exempt The Black Album.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Aug 2011, 12:08 am

http://rapsandhustles.com/2011/08/11/ghostface-killah-watch-the-throne-album-review/

This is another one of those fake Ghostface posts, but it's still funny. The review for Lift Off is priceless.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Aug 2011, 1:04 am

T. Myers wrote:
http://rapsandhustles.com/2011/08/11/ghostface-killah-watch-the-throne-album-review/

This is another one of those fake Ghostface posts, but it's still funny. The review for Lift Off is priceless.

"This shit sounds like two bunnies hang glidin over the ocean together at sunset holdin hands son."

LMAO
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Aug 2011, 2:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 3:20 pm

Finally finished listening to this today, and again (sad to say considering the talent), I'm disappointed in this release. The 4 deluxe edition tracks were great, but overall I'd go with a 2.5 star rating (smh) for this album.

This is what I said almost 2 months ago, and MAN, did I short change this album or what???!!! I just revisited this (something I said I wasn't going to do in this same thread), and most would say it's me and bias towards Jay-Z (especially) and Kanye West, and while that's true, my 360 degree change towards this album is legit, and it's an excellent album. I don't know what I was thinking when I first bumped this album, maybe I went into it expecting something else (don't know what that could be, lol). I bump my rating up from a LOW 2.5 to a strong 4.5 star rating for this one. I'll even go on record as saying that as it stands right now, this is my pick for best album of 2011.

Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 6:08 pm

Wayne wrote:
Finally finished listening to this today, and again (sad to say considering the talent), I'm disappointed in this release. The 4 deluxe edition tracks were great, but overall I'd go with a 2.5 star rating (smh) for this album.

This is what I said almost 2 months ago, and MAN, did I short change this album or what???!!! I just revisited this (something I said I wasn't going to do in this same thread), and most would say it's me and bias towards Jay-Z (especially) and Kanye West, and while that's true, my 360 degree change towards this album is legit, and it's an excellent album. I don't know what I was thinking when I first bumped this album, maybe I went into it expecting something else (don't know what that could be, lol). I bump my rating up from a LOW 2.5 to a strong 4.5 star rating for this one. I'll even go on record as saying that as it stands right now, this is my pick for best album of 2011.

Damn Wayne, you must be smokin some high powered shit! Stay away from that crack son....it kills your brain cells!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next