Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne

Go down 
+13
Dang! Trotter
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Tic706
thelundquist
Shaun
Justin Linker
Wanduras
Highsmith
Half
KJ Styles
T. Myers
SyRuP Sippa
Xcel
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 6:12 pm

lmao. Looks like KJ did a complete 360 on this album.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 6:14 pm

Shaun wrote:
lmao. Looks like KJ did a complete 360 on this album.

Ummmm no, I still think it sucks ass. Wayne did a 360 which is why I told him to stay off the crack.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 6:19 pm

No, you did a 360. A 360 is one full spin, so you'd be at your original opinion again. Wayne did a 180 lmao
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 6:56 pm

I'm straight up and down like noon time
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 8:49 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Finally finished listening to this today, and again (sad to say considering the talent), I'm disappointed in this release. The 4 deluxe edition tracks were great, but overall I'd go with a 2.5 star rating (smh) for this album.

This is what I said almost 2 months ago, and MAN, did I short change this album or what???!!! I just revisited this (something I said I wasn't going to do in this same thread), and most would say it's me and bias towards Jay-Z (especially) and Kanye West, and while that's true, my 360 degree change towards this album is legit, and it's an excellent album. I don't know what I was thinking when I first bumped this album, maybe I went into it expecting something else (don't know what that could be, lol). I bump my rating up from a LOW 2.5 to a strong 4.5 star rating for this one. I'll even go on record as saying that as it stands right now, this is my pick for best album of 2011.

Damn Wayne, you must be smokin some high powered shit! Stay away from that crack son....it kills your brain cells!

LOL, this is certainly far from the truth homie.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 10:27 pm

Shaun wrote:
No, you did a 360. A 360 is one full spin, so you'd be at your original opinion again. Wayne did a 180 lmao

These fools need to 360 their asses to a geometry class!
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 10:47 pm

Imo 4.5 is too high for this album. I am not gonna front. I gave this a good 6 to 7 spins and it grew on me because of that. I still can't go any higher than 3.75. I compare it to previous Jay Z & Kanye collaborations and none of the songs on Watch The Throne can compare to Never Let Me Down, Diamonds (Remix), So Appalled, etc.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 7:13 am

Yeah on numerous listens it gets better but not 4.5 better. I still have it in the 3.5-3.75 range. Its a decent album with a few real good songs on it. Just imo lyrically it is slacking in some areas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3