Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne

Go down 
+13
Dang! Trotter
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Tic706
thelundquist
Shaun
Justin Linker
Wanduras
Highsmith
Half
KJ Styles
T. Myers
SyRuP Sippa
Xcel
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne Empty
PostSubject: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne Icon_minitimeMon 08 Aug 2011, 7:01 pm

Thoughts????

I've only listened to some of the tracks so far so I don't have a definite opinion on the album yet but I have to say that I'm not that impressed. There are some good tracks but nothing really stood out that much so far. I'll have to listen to it a couple more times to see if my initial sentiments change...
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne Icon_minitimeMon 08 Aug 2011, 7:09 pm

This sort of feels like that R. Kelly Jay Z album to me... from the little I've heard... a lot of hype, but not a lot of dopeness in the actual music. Not even sure if I am buying this when it drops.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne Icon_minitimeMon 08 Aug 2011, 8:02 pm

Anyone got an MP3 link?(I'd prefer anything but Rapidshare).
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne Icon_minitimeMon 08 Aug 2011, 8:05 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Anyone got an MP3 link?(I'd prefer anything but Rapidshare).

Yeah I want one too! I can't find a torrent worth a damn.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne Icon_minitimeMon 08 Aug 2011, 8:06 pm

Me three guys!
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 12:41 am

Shoot me your email address in a PM and I got you fellas.....

I listened to this twice today and while it's starting to grow on me, this is clearly what I didn't expect. Pedro hit the nail on the head, this is sounding more like a Jay Z/R Kelly album than an album I would expect from 2 of my current favorite MCs.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 7:49 am

Theres a 320kbps deluxe version torrent on torrentz.com if you guys are interested...i'm just spinning it now for the first time.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 7:53 am

Is Frank Ocean part of the Odd Future crew? Anyone know? I know he makes an appearance on Tyler's album...
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 9:05 am

Frank Ocean is a part of the Golf Wang

And as for Watch The Throne I just listened to it and I did not like it. Kanye is one of my favorite producers and Jay-Z is decent but not great to these ears but this album doesn't cut the mustard. It's like having too many cooks in the kitchen. The idea wouldn't end well. I never had high expectations anyway. I'm not going to purchase it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 9:42 am

Listening now...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 10:28 am

Just listened to it, and I don't think it's bad. It takes a while to really get going, but once you get to New Day it really picks up. There are some boring tracks like both tracks with Frank Ocean, and a couple of weak tracks like Welcome to the Jungle (why is he still collaborating with Swizz Beatz??), but the good tracks are pretty good. The production sounds great throughout, and if you have some decent headphones you should definitely listen to the album with them. Although it's a collaboration between Kanye and Jay-Z this is basically a Kanye project. Everything is over the top and most of the tracks sound more pop than hip hop. The best tracks to me are the most hip hop sounding (New Day, Who Gon Stop Me, Murder to Excellence), but I also like some of the pop tracks (Lift Off, Why I Love You). I probably won't like this as much when I get back to college in a month or so and I hear tracks from this at every party I go to, but for now, I feel good about this. I'd put it around 3.75-4 stars.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 10:30 am

Highsmith wrote:
Shoot me your email address in a PM and I got you fellas.....

I listened to this twice today and while it's starting to grow on me, this is clearly what I didn't expect. Pedro hit the nail on the head, this is sounding more like a Jay Z/R Kelly album than an album I would expect from 2 of my current favorite MCs.

If you're expecting an album full of Diamonds, Never Let Me Down, Monster, etc I can understand being disappointed. I actually liked the album quite a bit though. I don't think the samples or even the singles do the entire album justice. Although, i do like H.A.M. and Otis.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 10:35 am

Just listened to it again...still not feeling it. Predictable and boring as shite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 10:57 am

Justin Linker wrote:
Just listened to it again...still not feeling it. Predictable and boring as shite.

I thought that was a pre-requisite for ICP fans.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 11:02 am

Just finished. It wasn't terrible but wasn't great either. 3 stars for now. I can't even say I'm disappointed because I thought it would be something like Best of Both Worlds...looks good on paper but doesn't quite come out like they planned. I would much rather listen to a Jay album that was totally produced by Ye...that should be the next project.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 4:14 pm

That won't happen. Kanye needs to be in the spotlight whenever he drops something. No way would he stay off of the majority of the tracks.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 4:20 pm

Shaun wrote:
That won't happen. Kanye needs to be in the spotlight whenever he drops something. No way would he stay off of the majority of the tracks.

Yeah, maybe the Ye of 2000 would be down for that, but 2011 Kanye probably wouldn't like playing the background so much.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne   Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 10:15 pm

REALLY interesting conversations about Jay and Kanye in here... looking forward to the review on Friday. A lot of you guys should watch this, some controversial shit gets said in here...