Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album Empty
PostSubject: J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album   J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 7:10 pm

Young cat out of NC who's been signed to Roc Nation dropped this mixtape/album that is DOPE...He's more of a believable hip hop artist than alot of these gimmick young rappers that are coming out.

Google the tape...shouldn't be hard to find!!!

Here's a few samples...I don't know how u couldn't like these tracks:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album   J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 7:11 pm

Back to top Go down
booerns
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
booerns

PostSubject: Re: J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album   J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 7:49 pm

He's pretty good. I thought Young Simba and World is Empty were the best tracks on the tape though. They were nasty. I don't think he is as talented as B.o.B though. J. Cole sounds a little too generic. Hopefully though these guys will all blow up because I would much rather listen to J. Cole, B.o.B, Wale and Playboy Tre then what is on the radio right now.

Just a note about Wale:
Why the fuck would 9th Wonder produce a mixtape for this kid? He is alright, nothing particularly special, and it is not even a real album. It just seems nuts that 9th would do that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album   J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 7:51 pm

Wale has worked with the Roots...

J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album 767989
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album   J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 7:52 pm

so did truck north, p.o.r.n., and peedi crak...
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album   J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 8:59 pm

J. Cole is from North Carolina?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album   J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 9:41 pm

He's mos def got talent and may have a bright future in this game. He sounds like Median with a betta flow though. I'll keep my ear out for him and see what happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album   J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 10:51 pm

First and foremost, Wale is good and Back to the Feature illustrated that...I'm not sure what ur listening to or what biases or filters u got goin on before the words come thru your dome, but whatever it is...You sir are among the few, who think he's wack.

As far as J. Cole, yeah "World Is Empty" and "Grown Simba" were both cold and so was his rendition of "Dead Presidents".

And he is from North Carolina...Fayetteville sounds like.

He seems to have a lot of control over the sound he puts out, since he's a producer as well, which was a surprise to me. I'm anxious to hear what his album will sound like and if Jay will be on it.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album   J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 11:35 pm

I heard a few of this dude's songs on HHDX. I'd pick up his album
Back to top Go down
booerns
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
booerns

PostSubject: Re: J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album   J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 11:38 pm

I never said Wale was wack. I look froward to him being one of the guys on the radio that will make mainstream music better than it is. He does have that mainstream flow to him though. He does not sound like Murs or Little Brother. He does not sound like someone 9th would work with. Not saying nobody should work with the guy, it just seems a little out of place in 9th's collection.
And check out B.o.B. Listen to Lonely People. He makes his own beats, he has got a nice flow, and can sing.

It is nice having this guys put out all these mixtapes though. Back To The Feature, The Warm Up, and Who The Fuck is B.o.B or B.o.B vs Bobby Ray all have had a lot more work put into them then most mixtapes I have heard in a while.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album   J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 10:14 pm

"Wale is good"

From the mainstream tracks he has released so far, the album looks to be more poppy than hip hop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album   J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

J. Cole - The Warm Up Mixtape/Album
Page 1 of 1