Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DJ Muggs & Ill Bill

Go down 
+3
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
Wayne
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

DJ Muggs & Ill Bill Empty
PostSubject: DJ Muggs & Ill Bill   DJ Muggs & Ill Bill Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 8:18 pm

Yep, it's another album that I'm looking for recommendations on. I've been going bananas recently discovering joints I should've peeped a while ago, but it's all good, it's the thought (and intent) that counts. I've made some changes in my collection, one of which was removing "8 albums" (never to return by the way, they shouldn't been in there in the first place) and filling those slots with MUCH better material. This will continue because outside of supporting the usual artists I've been down with for years, I'm looking into adding some underground material, as well as other very good albums that don't get the attention they deserve.

So with that being, how was this Ill Bill & Muggs album? I'm thinking of checking it out.

DJ Muggs & Ill Bill 206904
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: DJ Muggs & Ill Bill   DJ Muggs & Ill Bill Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 9:05 pm

FINALLY Wayne you are thinking of buying a great album. This album fucking knocks. Hardcore raps over sick Muggs beats. I give this near 4.5 maybe a little under like 4.35 lol but still has tons of replay value for me and one of my most played albums of last year, still bump it regularly get this shit its:

DJ Muggs & Ill Bill Fire

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: DJ Muggs & Ill Bill   DJ Muggs & Ill Bill Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 9:15 pm

Co-sign Slang! I love the album. Dope beats, great Ill Bill verses and insane guest spots from Rae, Q-Unique, OC, Sean Price, Paz, B-Real, and Slaine
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: DJ Muggs & Ill Bill   DJ Muggs & Ill Bill Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 9:17 pm

I didn't really like it at first. It kind of had a mixtape flow and Muggs put together a different type of darkness throughout the album. After about 5-6 spins it definitely grew on me. I'm kind of hesitant to give 4 stars, but I don't think it deserves less, either.

As far as Bill's performance, he's kind of out there on this one. You're probably drawn in by Muggs, right?

If you're looking to get into Ill Bill's music I make these suggestions... all better than KDH:

Non-Phixion: Future is Now
Ill Bill Is the Future Vol 2: I'm a Goon!
Hour of Reprisal
What's Wrong With Bill?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: DJ Muggs & Ill Bill   DJ Muggs & Ill Bill Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 9:20 pm

I'd say LCN would be better Ill Bill intro for Wayne.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: DJ Muggs & Ill Bill   DJ Muggs & Ill Bill Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 9:21 pm

Laced With Slang wrote:
FINALLY Wayne you are thinking of buying a great album. This album fucking knocks. Hardcore raps over sick Muggs beats. I give this near 4.5 maybe a little under like 4.35 lol but still has tons of replay value for me and one of my most played albums of last year, still bump it regularly get this shit its:

DJ Muggs & Ill Bill Fire

So what you trying to say about my taste in buying albums, lol? It's all good though homie. But yeah, my collection in undergoing a resurgence with some tight material and based on the recommendations, this will be next.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: DJ Muggs & Ill Bill   DJ Muggs & Ill Bill Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 9:27 pm

Future is Now with Premiere, Large Pro, Pete Rock, & Beatnuts producing?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: DJ Muggs & Ill Bill   DJ Muggs & Ill Bill Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 9:30 pm

I'm not comparing the two. Future is Now is better, but it may be too far to the left for Wayne.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: DJ Muggs & Ill Bill   DJ Muggs & Ill Bill Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 9:33 pm

If you don't like this track you're a bitch