Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As the world spins - Arokone and Mentees!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

As the world spins - Arokone and Mentees! Empty
PostSubject: As the world spins - Arokone and Mentees!   As the world spins - Arokone and Mentees! Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011, 9:20 pm

What's up people, I finally finished a track with my teens from my teen program. They are still learning but they definitely have potential to become better! Comments are welcomed...

Peace!
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: As the world spins - Arokone and Mentees!   As the world spins - Arokone and Mentees! Icon_minitimeSat 03 Mar 2012, 8:54 pm

No love for teens making positive music?

Check it out, and let me know what yall think!

Peace
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: As the world spins - Arokone and Mentees!   As the world spins - Arokone and Mentees! Icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 6:46 pm

Must have missed this when you first posted it. I liked the track. A few of the rappers had a dope flow and sounded good, the others definitely need some work. They all did a good job of staying focused and on topic, though. That was you on the hook (and last verse?), right?
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: As the world spins - Arokone and Mentees!   As the world spins - Arokone and Mentees! Icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 8:17 pm

The kids definitely tried, and that's worth a lot. They may not have the sharpest skills yet, but putting themselves out there with emotional subject matter is a big first step. It's pretty cool what you're doing with them man.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: As the world spins - Arokone and Mentees!   As the world spins - Arokone and Mentees! Icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 8:18 pm

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: As the world spins - Arokone and Mentees!   As the world spins - Arokone and Mentees! Icon_minitimeThu 08 Mar 2012, 10:25 am

Yo, that track came out pretty dope man, excellent work. Like Shaun and Lund said, they def need to keep at it, but a few of em def shined. I liked the 3rd verse a lot, that line was dope when he said "I'm sick of all the heartbreak, now I gotta break hearts just to keep my heart safe". And that's your beat, right Arok? I liked that mellow vibe to it. Great work overall, give the kids props for me.
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: As the world spins - Arokone and Mentees!   As the world spins - Arokone and Mentees! Icon_minitimeThu 08 Mar 2012, 10:58 am

@Shaun - Thanks Shaun! Yeah, I am on the hook, but the last Verse is my protege Jay Prophet.

@Lundquist - Thanks Lundquist! I agree with your assesment of the track. The song matter was waaaaaay out of their element so they struggled with it. But I agree that it takes alot to be able to open up like that at their age. Thanks I am trying to save the youth one teen at a time..lol..

@Wanduras - Yeah that was my Mentee Rafiki who said that line, he is a little ahead of the others and I felt he had the dopest verse. Unfortunately I can't claim the beat but I agree it fit perfect with the feel of the song.

Thanks fella's! I will definitely share this feedback with my teens.

Peace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As the world spins - Arokone and Mentees!   As the world spins - Arokone and Mentees! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As the world spins - Arokone and Mentees!
Page 1 of 1