Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums

Go down 
+12
Illmatic1991
Norfeest
TheHazardous
Alan
Deanie O'Banion
Funk Seoul Brother
Esco
T. Myers
Jason
Shaun
Half
Justin Linker
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums   Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 03 Aug 2009, 9:30 pm

I liked White Pony & Issues. White Pony was my first Deftones album.
Back to top Go down
Illmatic1991
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Illmatic1991

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums   Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 3:38 am

AFutureWithoutAPast wrote:
Illmatic1991 wrote:
Illmatic1991 wrote:
Of the top of the dome

UNKLE - War Stories

Better than Psyence Fiction?

IMO yeah. It's a close call because they're both great albums but I have to give the edge to War Stories because it was more cohesive. Psyence Fiction covered so many different styles of music and had so many different people contributing that it felt more like a compilation album than one cohesive peace of work. War Stories was more unified that's why I enjoy it more. But Rabbit In Your Headlights is my absolute favorite song of all time by them.

I actually haven't listened to War Stories yet because a lot of people have told me that the group fell off right after Psyence Fiction. I'll definitely check it out. And Rabbit In Your Headlights is also my favorite track from Psyence Fiction.

They didnt fall off it's just their sound changed a lot after Psyence Fiction. Never, Never, Land was rooted in electronica while War Stories had more of a rockish sound. And if your an impatient listener I don't know if I can reccomend the rest of Unkle's catalogue to you because all of their albums took me a couple of spins to get into but if not then definitely check it out. IMO they dont have single weak album in their catalogue.
Back to top Go down
Illmatic1991
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Illmatic1991

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums   Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 3:39 am

acrid.one wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:
I really can only listen to Adrenaline from Deftones.

my fave deftones album..

Mine is Around The Fur. My Own Summer (Shove It) gets me so hyped!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums   Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 11:26 am

If White Pony was your first Deftones album, I could understand it being your favorite, but that's about the only way it'd make sense to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums   Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 11:28 am

Thanks Future, that's probably why I really don't dig it. Same with Korn, Issues was their first real change in style and it was a major letdown IMO from their first three records. Actually those two albums (and Metor from LP, and Vol 3 from Slipknot) pretty much ended my metal listening habits. Slipknot was my last holdout. Still don't mind Soulfly and a few other bands but I don't go actively looking for new shit or own any non-rap cds (anymore).
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums   Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 1:30 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
I liked White Pony & Issues. White Pony was my first Deftones album.

Yeah White Pony was my first Deftones album as well, I remember liking the single and buying it when it dropped. This thread inspired me to brush the dust off of that album and spin it again, can't say I enjoy it as much as I used to....my musical tastes have changed quite a bit over the years.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums   Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 1:33 pm

Illmatic1991 wrote:
Illmatic1991 wrote:
Illmatic1991 wrote:
Of the top of the dome

UNKLE - War Stories

Better than Psyence Fiction?

IMO yeah. It's a close call because they're both great albums but I have to give the edge to War Stories because it was more cohesive. Psyence Fiction covered so many different styles of music and had so many different people contributing that it felt more like a compilation album than one cohesive peace of work. War Stories was more unified that's why I enjoy it more. But Rabbit In Your Headlights is my absolute favorite song of all time by them.

I actually haven't listened to War Stories yet because a lot of people have told me that the group fell off right after Psyence Fiction. I'll definitely check it out. And Rabbit In Your Headlights is also my favorite track from Psyence Fiction.

They didnt fall off it's just their sound changed a lot after Psyence Fiction. Never, Never, Land was rooted in electronica while War Stories had more of a rockish sound. And if your an impatient listener I don't know if I can reccomend the rest of Unkle's catalogue to you because all of their albums took me a couple of spins to get into but if not then definitely check it out. IMO they dont have single weak album in their catalogue.

Well you don't have to worry about me being impatient, I'm a big post-rock fan, a genre of music in which the virtue of patience is essential to being able to enjoy it. I'll see if I can find War Stories for cheap somewhere or I might cop it if all else fails.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums   Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 1:40 pm

N3R0 of 0nslaught3r wrote:
Thanks Future, that's probably why I really don't dig it. Same with Korn, Issues was their first real change in style and it was a major letdown IMO from their first three records. Actually those two albums (and Metor from LP, and Vol 3 from Slipknot) pretty much ended my metal listening habits. Slipknot was my last holdout. Still don't mind Soulfly and a few other bands but I don't go actively looking for new shit or own any non-rap cds (anymore).

I never really got into Korn or Slipknot, but I did like Linkin Park's first album back in the day(go ahead, laugh all you want), and Meteora also pushed me away from the nu-metal genre. It was a big disappointment and I stopped liking the band after I heard it. I'm surprised they are still selling albums today, to be honest.....lyrics are awful. But i guess it was a good thing because then I started exploring legit metal, not fake stuff like System of A Down, etc. Got into Between The Buried And Me, Converge, Dillinger Escape Plan, Cave - In, Isis, Mastodon, Jesu, Botch, Pelican, and Boris.....some pretty good musical output from those bands.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums   Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 4:27 pm

1st off you CANNOT fuck with S.O.A.D's self-titled debut, 'Toxicity' was a monster and owned the year 2002 (kinda irked me due to the groupie following it had, but i cant hate)...'Steal this Album' was sorta like a B-Side for Toxicity(i liked it)..but i fell off them after that...

...I like your picks in music....check out Agoraphobic Nosebleed(kinda electronic-ish grindcore, along the same vein as Genghis Tron....if you dig Mastodon-check out KYLESA(southern sludge with bits of grindcore-good shit really)

...I was all about Slipknot's debut(9th grade)..

...I knew what Linkin Park would be from the moment i heard them..their on some real Depeche Mode type shit lately too..lol
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums   Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 7:45 pm

acrid.one wrote:
1st off you CANNOT fuck with S.O.A.D's self-titled debut, 'Toxicity' was a monster and owned the year 2002 (kinda irked me due to the groupie following it had, but i cant hate)...'Steal this Album' was sorta like a B-Side for Toxicity(i liked it)..but i fell off them after that...

...I like your picks in music....check out Agoraphobic Nosebleed(kinda electronic-ish grindcore, along the same vein as Genghis Tron....if you dig Mastodon-check out KYLESA(southern sludge with bits of grindcore-good shit really)

...I was all about Slipknot's debut(9th grade)..

...I knew what Linkin Park would be from the moment i heard them..their on some real Depeche Mode type shit lately too..lol

I listened to Toxicity when it came out, and I liked Prison Song, Toxicity, and Chop Suey and that was about it. I didn't spin it a lot, and I got bored of it quickly. My reason for the comment though is that I think the stuff they did with mezmerize/hypnotize was really weak...... As for Kylesa I've been meaning to check out Time Will Fuse Its Worth for some time now, along with the Red Album by Baroness and Through Silver In Blood by Neurosis. I've heard of Agoraphobic Nosebleed through their collaborations with Old Man Gloom, a supergroup made up of members of Isis, Converge, and Cave-In. They haven't released anything in some time but Seminar 3 and Christmas were pretty cool albums.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums   Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 9:37 pm

"I've heard of Agoraphobic Nosebleed through their collaborations with Old Man Gloom, a supergroup made up of members of Isis, Converge, and Cave-In. They haven't released anything in some time but Seminar 3 and Christmas were pretty cool albums."

They released 'Agorapocalypse' this past April, i'm still playing it...the album's mostly made up of 2-3 minute songs(in case you were wondering if it was 30 tracks long of 30-40 sec. songs)

"mezmerize/hypnotize was really weak"

..like i said..i fell off...a rumored reunion's in the works....

check out 'Static Tensions' by Kylesa-definitely a top 10 heavy metal album of 09..

..as for KoRn...ehh, i reeeally havent been into them since the early 2000's...
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums   Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 9:49 pm

SOAD-Toxicity was my jam.
I actually liked Slipknot's Vol. 3 but their first album is still the best.
I liked Linkin Park first album too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums   Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Non Hip Hop Albums
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2