Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any UFC Fans?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 12:06 pm

Anybody else see the fight last night?? Fuckin Shogun got robbed!!! Machida was dominated in all but one round last night and they gave him the win via decision. The worst fuckin decision in MMA history IMO.

I'm thinking that it was fixed. Dana White must be taking lessons from Vince McMahon and Don King on how to rig fights, I hope that's not the case, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Back to top Go down

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 12:13 pm

I haven't seen the fight yet, but I heard of the controversy. I'll check it out on youtube sometime this week.
Back to top Go down

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 12:31 pm

Yeah, same here - I don't pay for the PPV too often or get the buffalo wild wings... but usually it's hard to win the championship by decision...
Back to top Go down
Illmatic1991
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Illmatic1991

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 1:54 pm

I havent seen it either but I heard Shogun got screwed. Maybe they'll at least give him a rematch.
Back to top Go down

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 5:08 pm

I went to BWW last night to watch it. Shogun definitely got screwed! I'm sure there will be a rematch but it's still bullshit nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 5:23 pm

BWW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Anyways, my friend told me the same thing... shame
Back to top Go down

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 10:37 am

I've always thought that in championship fights if the decision wasn't unanimous and at least a 5-10 point differential they should go into extra rounds to determine a clear cut victor. But I don't think they were delibrately trying to screw Shogun perhaps just trying to get more money out of them in a rematch.
Back to top Go down

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 12:39 pm

N3R0 wrote:
I've always thought that in championship fights if the decision wasn't unanimous and at least a 5-10 point differential they should go into extra rounds to determine a clear cut victor. But I don't think they were delibrately trying to screw Shogun perhaps just trying to get more money out of them in a rematch.

The extra round wouldn't be a bad idea.

Whether or not they were delibrately trying to screw Shogun or not, he still got screwed and the decision was bullshit. Dana White did announce that there will be a rematch though due to the contraversy, so at least he realizes that the judges fucked up and he's doing something to correct it.
Back to top Go down

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:18 pm

Yeah Dana's always around to capitalize on controversy. I think it's shitty how he makes his judges/refs look like idiots and he's the saviour every time though. I can't imagine they take that abuse lightly. Think about the Shamrock/Ortiz re-match, White flat out blamed the ref and said it was a "stupid call" and immediately cashed in with a re-match.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:23 pm

Dana White is P. Diddy
Back to top Go down

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 1:56 pm

Hmmm. Nah, P. Diddy coulda signed the Russian Kimbo Slice.
Back to top Go down

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 7:34 pm

Dana White is Vince McMahon with less money.
Back to top Go down

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 7:40 pm

Nah, I actually prefer Vince to Dana for quite a few reasons, the foremost being that Vince doesn't openly talk shit about his athletes, officials, and on-air personalities in the press.
Back to top Go down

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 7:55 pm

N3R0 wrote:
Nah, I actually prefer Vince to Dana for quite a few reasons, the foremost being that Vince doesn't openly talk shit about his athletes, officials, and on-air personalities in the press.

Vince has dissed his guys to the media in the past. Particularly when they leave the WWE.
Back to top Go down

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:10 pm

But he doesn't talk shit about them when they're under his employ. That's what I'm saying.
Back to top Go down

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:15 pm

Other than Tito Ortiz (who talked shit about him first) I haven't heard him diss any of his fighters while employed by UFC.
Back to top Go down

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:29 pm

Both Shamrocks, and Brock Lesnar.
Back to top Go down

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:29 pm

Oh and don't forget Couture.
Back to top Go down

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 8:34 pm

I've never heard him diss Frank or Couture.

He was upset at Ken when he left UFC for WWE when he did but he really didn't diss him. Just said that he felt he made a mistake.

And he didn't really diss Brock, he was just saying that his behavior after the 2nd Mir fight was disrespectful and unacceptable, which I agree with.
Back to top Go down
Illmatic1991
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Illmatic1991

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 12:38 am

I had heard that Dana wanted to be more professional when he does interviews(stop the cussing & openly dissing fighters), but I just saw a video of him dissing Roy from TUF so so much for that I guess.
Back to top Go down

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 7:16 pm

Illmatic1991 wrote:
I had heard that Dana wanted to be more professional when he does interviews(stop the cussing & openly dissing fighters), but I just saw a video of him dissing Roy from TUF so so much for that I guess.

Well TUF is different because these guys are competing for a roster spot, they aren't in the UFC as of yet.

As for Roy, he was right about him. Dude was hittin Kimbo with some soft shots.
Back to top Go down
Illmatic1991
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Illmatic1991

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009, 10:22 am

KJ Styles wrote:
Illmatic1991 wrote:

Well TUF is different because these guys are competing for a roster spot, they aren't in the UFC as of yet.

As for Roy, he was right about him. Dude was hittin Kimbo with some soft shots.
I didn't agree with Dana's comments after the fight. I felt dude was trying to downplay Roy's win. clearly helpless on the ground. It may not have been the highlight reel KO but he got the job done, which is all that really matters in the end. As for his behavior after th fight, I don't know about you but if I'd just beaten big bad Kimbo Slice I'd feel pretty good about myself too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Any UFC Fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any UFC Fans?   Any UFC Fans? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any UFC Fans?
Page 1 of 1