Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overrated or Underrated Day 1

Go down 
+6
Half
Laced With Slang
Shaun
Funk Seoul Brother
Norfeest
T. Myers
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

overrated or underrated?
overrated
Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 6 ]
underrated
Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
accurate
Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage

Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 7:11 pm

Bunny Man wrote:
so.... nas made a ton of wack CDs before stillmatic...

Outkast made classics before stankonia...

so stillmatic is better than stankonia...

because stillmatic was the most improved student in class? that sounds like some public school excuse to give out an award...

Honestly SRP, it's CLEAR that you don't like Nas so just shut the fuck up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 7:14 pm

Honestly KJ Styles, it's CLEAR you don't like logic... so just shut the fuck up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 7:16 pm

Bunny Man wrote:
Honestly KJ Styles, it's CLEAR you don't like logic... so just shut the fuck up!

You don't know the definition of logic.

Other than Nastradamus, Nas hasn't made ANYTHING wack.

Kast has two wack albums, Love Below and Idlewild.

Last edited by KJ Styles on Thu 03 Dec 2009, 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 7:17 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

Are you honestly calling that logic, KJ? Seriously?
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 7:21 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Are you honestly calling that logic, KJ? Seriously?

I'm just telling it like it is. SRP doesn't like Nas so he'll say some stupid shit to dis him like "Nas has made tons of wack CD's before Stillmatic" which is BULLSHIT!!!

Illmatic is a classic to every hip hop fan except him and Steve.

It Was Written and Stillmatic are consensus near classics, considered personal classics by many.

I Am is an underrated gem, but most non-Nas haters rate it at least 4 stars, so that only leaves Nastradamus.

Now that my friend, is LOGIC!!
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 7:25 pm

Ok, put down the defenses... I know how "y'all" get about Nas, but relax a little.

I was asking if you think Powell's post was logic. I'm guessing you missed that.

I also noticed that you two don't like to comprehend (or answer) the questions put in front of you unless the answer lends itself to your points, but I'll ask again.

What specifically makes Stillmatic more original than Stankonia...?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 7:27 pm

Stankonia's overrated, to me. I had it a week, then traded it to my brother for Ni99a Please. I never missed it. My brother was as happy with the swap as I was.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 7:28 pm

Whoa...a Parker Lewis sighting....

Long time, no see, man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 7:29 pm

considering illmatic, stillmatic, god's son, untitled, streets disciple, hip hop is dead are all clearly better than I Am...and I am falls in the bottom of Nas albums... and only hits 4 stars to nas fans... it is wack...and Nas career was clearly on the decline til he beefed with Jay... and some how people want to reward him for that? and somehow that makes logical sense to you.. and somehow I know you will miss the point entirely..
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 7:34 pm

Bunny Man wrote:
and somehow that makes logical sense to you.. and somehow I know you will miss the point entirely..

LOL...This much I'm sure of...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 7:40 pm

Bunny Man wrote:
considering illmatic, stillmatic, god's son, untitled, streets disciple, hip hop is dead are all clearly better than I Am...and I am falls in the bottom of Nas albums... and only hits 4 stars to nas fans... it is wack...and Nas career was clearly on the decline til he beefed with Jay... and some how people want to reward him for that? and somehow that makes logical sense to you.. and somehow I know you will miss the point entirely..

A lot of people slept on Nas after he made Nastradamus, just like a lot of people slept on Randy Moss when he was on the Oakland Raiders. Both were the low points of their career, and both made tremendous comebacks and those who doubted them ended up looking foolish for doing so. He gets rewarded for 2 reasons....

1) Stillmatic was both a critical AND commercial success.

2) The majority of hip-hop nation agrees that Nas defeated Jay Z with Ether.

I'll admit that Nastradamus was a weak album, but only a select few MC's/groups have never made a weak album, especially those who have 4 or more LP's under their belt.

I Am is 4.25 stars to me. And if a 4 star album falls near the bottom of your discography then you're obviously a GREAT MC!!!
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 7:49 pm

Bunny Man wrote:

I Am... > Stillmatic, God's Son, Untitled
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 8:08 pm

Kendrick Davis wrote:
Bunny Man wrote:

The only album that SRP mentioned that I Am is better than is Street Disciple.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 8:28 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Bunny Man wrote:

A lot of people slept on Nas after he made Nastradamus, just like a lot of people slept on Randy Moss when he was on the Oakland Raiders. Both were the low points of their career, and both made tremendous comebacks and those who doubted them ended up looking foolish for doing so. He gets rewarded for 2 reasons....

1) Stillmatic was both a critical AND commercial success.

2) The majority of hip-hop nation agrees that Nas defeated Jay Z with Ether.

I'll admit that Nastradamus was a weak album, but only a select few MC's/groups have never made a weak album, especially those who have 4 or more LP's under their belt.

I Am is 4.25 stars to me. And if a 4 star album falls near the bottom of your discography then you're obviously a GREAT MC!!!

For what it's worth Stankonia has a 95 Metacritc rating which compiles multiple ratings. Stillmatic had a 69. According to RIAA Stankonia is 4x platinum. Stillmatic is platinum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 8:29 pm

And those my friends... are facts...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 8:30 pm

Facts, indeed.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 8:40 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Hey Norf please jump off the map quotes my dude...lol

Look up the word quote, my dude. I'll jump off the map "quotes" (?) when you jump off my sack, my dude. lol

D.Powell wrote:
Stankonia IMO was a step down for Outkast while Stillmatic for Nas was a step up from the efforts he had previously released other than Illmatic (of course) and maybe It Was Written.....Stillmatic made him relevant again...Stankonia although a very good effort was below those other previous efforts from 'Kast because they set the bar so high for themselves...being so dope actually worked against them if that's possible here.....also it was when Andre really started drifting away from Big Boi almost in preparation for those "masterpieces" that would follow called "Speakerboxx/The Love Below" and "Idlewild"...lol....this album got you ready if you will for what was to follow...

Way to miss the point. You mention that other BS because Stillmatic genuinely needs the help. You deflect like no other, though. And that line of reasoning was nothing short of illogical, my dude. lol

D.Powell wrote:
If 'Kast can get back that magic they had on their first 3 efforts then they will be looked at as relevant again!

Who said anything about their relevance? Is the album dope or not, my dude? lol

Stay focused on the topic. You're a little young for alzheimer's, my dude...

Norf who said I was "on your sack"?? LMAO! now that was COMPLETELY wack man

I've noticed one major thing about you Norf since you've been here...you LOVE to double talk man...I get right to the point and Norf continues to play the professor...the professor of bullshit..

I started that whole post to Myers with IN MY OPINION and Norf still managed to miss the caps...your a little to young to be so fuckin blind.....you have the sight of a 77 year old man who just had two strokes...

so to cover up your inability to understand you type the words of a washed up professor to not only appear smart but also appear to be funny...hey Norf IT"S NOT WORKING man...did you see those caps man??

I'll be waiting on your logically ILLOGICAL professor styled response man...lol...your funny!

Last edited by D.Powell on Thu 03 Dec 2009, 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 8:42 pm

Also NORF I never said Stillmatic was more original than Stankonia I said IN MY OPINION I thought it was the BETTER album....did ya catch those caps Norf???
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 8:49 pm

"Also NORF I never said Stillmatic was more original than Stankonia I said IN MY OPINION I thought it was the BETTER album....did ya catch those caps Norf???"

I think he was talking to KJ with that one...
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 9:04 pm

Shaun wrote:
"Also NORF I never said Stillmatic was more original than Stankonia I said IN MY OPINION I thought it was the BETTER album....did ya catch those caps Norf???"

I think he was talking to KJ with that one...

lol...very good, Shaun.

Again...eagerness
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 9:04 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Ok, put down the defenses... I know how "y'all" get about Nas, but relax a little.

I was asking if you think Powell's post was logic. I'm guessing you missed that.

I also noticed that you two don't like to comprehend (or answer) the questions put in front of you unless the answer lends itself to your points, but I'll ask again.

this was how he addressed it Shaun so I thought he meant both of us man!
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 9:06 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Kendrick Davis wrote:
Bunny Man wrote:

Underrated. And better than I Am...
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 9:09 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Norf who said I was "on your sack"?? LMAO! now that was COMPLETELY wack man

I've noticed one major thing about you Norf since you've been here...you LOVE to double talk man...I get right to the point and Norf continues to play the professor...the professor of bullshit..

I started that whole post to Myers with IN MY OPINION and Norf still managed to miss the caps...your a little to young to be so fuckin blind.....you have the sight of a 77 year old man who just had two strokes...

so to cover up your inability to understand you type the words of a washed up professor to not only appear smart but also appear to be funny...hey Norf IT"S NOT WORKING man...did you see those caps man??

I'll be waiting on your logically ILLOGICAL professor styled response man...lol...your funny!

Here's a logical response...

You're still deflecting and your response didn't address anything that was put before you.

Let me know if you need me to break that down for ya, my dude.

Oh, and it's "you're"... Real Professor talk for ya, my dude. lmao
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 9:10 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:

this was how he addressed it Shaun so I thought he meant both of us man!

It was addressing KJ's post...nice reach, though. lol

You have trouble understanding context, huh?

Keep up, my dude... lol
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 9:11 pm

Kendrick Davis wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Kendrick Davis wrote:
Bunny Man wrote:

Underrated. And better than I Am...

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 10:04 pm

D.Powell wrote:

If 'Kast can get back that magic they had on their first 3 efforts then they will be looked at as relevant again!

LOL what???? Outkast is 5 times more "relevant" than Nas right now
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 10:05 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Says who Slang??? you sound NUTS man...I'm talking about something else other than Wu-Tang Clan baby bubba...lol
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 10:07 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Says who Slang??? you sound NUTS man...I'm talking about something else other than Wu-Tang Clan baby bubba...lol

lol you're a moron, if Outkast releases an album next week it goes Platinum guaranteed. If Nas releases an album next week it MIGHT go gold

that my friend is a fact.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 10:07 pm

actually it definitely wouldnt go gold
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 11:16 pm

I'm shocked Kevin hasn't come into this thread yet.

Since KJ and Powell don't argue with logic, I'm just gonna break it down like this:

NAS SUCKS.

AND THAT SON, IS A FACT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 11:26 pm

Kast is not that relevant anymore either. I do not think they would even sell much in this climate.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 11:42 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Kast is not that relevant anymore either. I do not think they would even sell much in this climate.

I'm almost positive that Kast has always sold more than Nas. I mean they do have the biggest selling rap album of all time. So if Kast's numbers are dipping so wll Nas'
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 11:44 pm

im still sold that Kast would at least move 750k even in todays climate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 11:46 pm

Outkast is not relevant anymore...yeah okay. Which do you think is more highly anticipated, Sir Luscious Leftfoot or Distant Relatives?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 11:48 pm

Kast is one of the most relevant rap acts from the 90's....the public loves every single 3 Stacks is on
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 12:38 am

N3R0 wrote:

Since KJ and Powell don't argue with logic, I'm just gonna break it down like this:

NAS SUCKS.

AND THAT SON, IS A FACT.

Haystak IS NON-EXISTENT in the overall hip-hop landscape.....THIS IS A FACT because outside of the good ol' boys in Iowa NO ONE gives a fuck...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 9:06 am

Of course Kast has always sold more than Nas i'm just saying they may not sell as much as some of you are projecting. Nas is not a heavy single driven artist but Kast is, that is one of your difference in sells reasons right there.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 9:14 am

KRob86 wrote:
Of course Kast has always sold more than Nas i'm just saying they may not sell as much as some of you are projecting. Nas is not a heavy single driven artist but Kast is, that is one of your difference in sells reasons right there.

I understand that, and it's definitely something to keep in mind. Nas can't win in that aspect. If he makes a single, he's blasted for being too pop, and if he doesn't make a sure fire single his album doesn't sell well. On the flip side, Kast deserve some credit for being able to make singles that are huge and still be able to maintain artistic integrity and sell albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 11:48 pm

N3R0 wrote:

NAS SUCKS.

AND THAT SON, IS A FACT.

Nas >>>>>>>>>>>> 99.9% of the artists you listen to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 11:53 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

I understand that, and it's definitely something to keep in mind. Nas can't win in that aspect. If he makes a single, he's blasted for being too pop, and if he doesn't make a sure fire single his album doesn't sell well. On the flip side, Kast deserve some credit for being able to make singles that are huge and still be able to maintain artistic integrity and sell albums.

I really hate the criticism Nas gets. It's almost a curse that he debuted with Illmatic. While that's easily his best album, he's made others that you can argue are classics as well. Even those who say that Illmatic is his only true classic have to admit that Illmatic is one of the best albums of all time.

I still feel he's one of the greatest lyricists of all time. He may not be a heavy single artist, but few MC's can match dopeness with him.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Dec 2009, 12:03 am

Outkast would be one of the few...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated Day 1   Overrated or Underrated Day 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overrated or Underrated Day 1
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2