Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overrated/Underrated Day 5

Go down 
5 posters

overrated or underrated
overrated
Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Vote_lcap25%Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
underrated
Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Vote_lcap33%Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
accurate
Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Vote_lcap42%Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Empty
PostSubject: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Dec 2009, 10:04 am

David Banner-MTA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Dec 2009, 11:57 am

Underrated, shit is classic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Dec 2009, 12:33 pm

N3R0 wrote:
Underrated, shit is classic.

cosign
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Dec 2009, 11:22 pm

smh @ this. 3 votes? Seriously? I guess there are a lot of people sleeping on this joint. Sadly, most people got their first impression of Banner on Like A Pimp, and he was written off as a typical Crunk artist. That's actually the furthest thing from the truth. Well, it was the furthest thing from the truth on MTA and Grey Skies. He's kinda lost his way now, but Grey Skies and MTA are unfickwitable. it's underrated IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 1:56 am

Cosign to the fullest, but most these geeks have not and will not peep this CD.

Cadillac on 22s>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> come clean
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 1:58 am

Underrated. Being that no one has heard it proves that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 1:58 am

I liked "Like A Pimp". Beat was dope.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 1:59 am

Real girls get down on the flo', on the flo'
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 2:00 am

Like A Pimp is dope. That was back when Lil Flip was listenable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 2:02 am

CHOO CHOO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 2:28 am

I own this album and its str8 but I just do not know anybody that really even discuss this album. And i'm in GA and I have not heard no debate about it. Its mos def not classic but its a decent average album. So if most on here that heard it says classic i'll say overrated.

Last edited by KRob86 on Sun 06 Dec 2009, 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 2:33 am

It's far from a classic for most people. Hell, it's not even a classic for me. I doesn't get the attention it deserves though.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 2:34 am

my friend had this album and ive heard a ton of tracks from it and still have some i just havent spun the whole thing in waaay too long, if ever, to make a good judgment
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 2:35 am

a god judgement indeed

you listen to WAY too much ghostface
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 2:38 am

When did k. rob turn into a little white bitch?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 3:26 am

This is the first I've heard any classic talk for this album.

I have it at 4 (dope) and that's what I typically hear about it when it's (rarely) discussed. It's not coherent enough to be called a classic, IMO...

I say accurate.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 10:07 am

Bunny Man wrote:
Cosign to the fullest, but most these geeks have not and will not peep this CD.

Cadillac on 22s>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> come clean

Overrated/Underrated Day 5 221748

ummm okay bunny man!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 12:28 pm

Jeru The Damaja >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> David Banner
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 1:32 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

Considering Banner produces and is a better rapper... it's not that clear to me.... but I mean.. I have heard all of banner's catalog and 3 of Jeru's CDs... how many Banner CDs have you heard KJ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 2:20 pm

Bunny Man wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Considering Banner produces and is a better rapper... it's not that clear to me.... but I mean.. I have heard all of banner's catalog and 3 of Jeru's CDs... how many Banner CDs have you heard KJ?

I've heard 3 of them. This one, Certified, and Greatest Story. I think he's a decent MC but not an elite one. Jeru is a FAR better lyricist IMO, and The Sun Rises To The East is the only consensus classic between either of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 2:48 pm

there is no such thing as a consensus classic
get that through your thick skull
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 3:25 pm

Bunny Man wrote:

con·sen·sus (kÉ™n sen′sÉ™s)

noun

1. an opinion held by all or most
2. general agreement, esp. in opinion

The vast majority of hip-hop fans who have heard "The Sun Rises To The East" feel that it's a classic. The same cannot be said for any of Banner's albums. Therefore, there is such thing as a consensus classic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 3:37 pm

You have no clue what can or can't be said about Banner albums idiot. Because the people on this forum are the only ones who you know that have heard it. Most of the people I've met don't think Jeru is classic - so it is not consensus.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 3:46 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Bunny Man wrote:

con·sen·sus (kÉ™n sen′sÉ™s)

noun

1. an opinion held by all or most
2. general agreement, esp. in opinion

The vast majority of hip-hop fans who have heard "The Sun Rises To The East" feel that it's a classic. The same cannot be said for any of Banner's albums. Therefore, there is such thing as a consensus classic.

While I do prefer older Jeru efforts over DB, I have to ask where you get this type of information from?
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 3:49 pm

I think Jeru is a little bit better lyrically than Banner, but it should be noted that the efforts that Jeru built his reputation on were produced by Premier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 4:04 pm

I feel both Banner and Jeru can be considered cult favorites at best.

And funny how KJ states that because most people WHO HAVE HEARD Jeru feel it is classic - that makes it consensus. In that case, the two people who heard MC Wackattack's album just made it a consensus classic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 6:27 pm

Bunny Man wrote:
You have no clue what can or can't be said about Banner albums idiot. Because the people on this forum are the only ones who you know that have heard it. Most of the people I've met don't think Jeru is classic - so it is not consensus.

That's because most of the people you know (just like yourself) hold most Southern hip-hop in higher regard than East Coast hip-hop. But it's whatever. You're the fucking idiot though. Had you not brought Jeru into this thread I wouldn't have said anything.

I've seen MANY more people (both on and offline) who mention Sun Rises as a classic album. Even some professional reviewers have called it such. And your bullshit assumption is incorrect. I know plenty of people who listen to Banner, and not many feel that he's released any classics. I've even heard people say that Certified is better than MTA, and I don't particularly disagree. I have both albums rated about 4 stars.

While I agree that both guys are cult favorites (although in the case of Jeru, it's because of lack of material more than anything else). I feel that he's a better lyricist. Banner is cool, but IMO Jeru is better.

And to Terry, yes Premo was Jeru's producer. But he's still a dope lyricist nonetheless. Pete Rock produced the remix to Can't Stop The Prophet and that was a straight BANGER.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 6:33 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Bunny Man wrote:

That's because most of the people you know (just like yourself) hold most Southern hip-hop in higher regard than East Coast hip-hop. But it's whatever. You're the fucking idiot though. Had you not brought Jeru into this thread I wouldn't have said anything.

Most people you know, hold east coast hip hop in higher regard than southern hip hop
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 7:21 pm

You say that Jeru was made dope by Premier beats - but somehow he proves he can be dope by himself by being dope over pete rock beats?

How about the fact that when he had no premier he dropped one of the worst albums ever?

Let's face facts here... jeru can't write a hook to save his life. His voice and style is rather boring and bland. Lyrically he is overrated IMO. Like I said, if that's your flavor it's cool - but the disparity - if any - between Banner and Jeru comes down to personal preference and nothing more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 7:43 pm

I have heard plenty of people say Sun Rises is classic, I have heard none outside this forum say that about any of Banner albums except Crooked Lettaz.

Banner would hold my attention much more than Jeru because like SRP said his voice and flow is bland as hell but Jeru has one consensus classic and I would play that album over any Banner album..

Last edited by KRob86 on Sun 06 Dec 2009, 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 7:46 pm

Because you are a fool and an idiot Kevin.

Grey Skies is out of print... because no one fucking bought it. Outside of this forum I know one person who bought that CD other than me. And he's the same fool who bought every fucking no limit album ever.

On the other hand 100s of thousands of people have bought MTA. Yes, a lot of them are trying to sell their copies on amazon - but still.

That album gets a ton more love from what I've seen than Grey Skies.

Go put on Ganksta Nip and find a slow girl to hump.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 7:53 pm

SRP every few months you get real ignorant and stupid as fuck so I will continue to ignore your child ass smart comments. Stick to the debate and leave the insults up yo ass where they belong. You are the most immature wanna be lawyer I have met.

Anyway no one really bumps Banner like that lil homey, sorry. I have heard more concensus praise for Grey Skies when ever someone hears it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 8:00 pm

This from a dude who got punked out of chi-town and settled in some podunk town in the south where everyone and their slow sister is trying to be rapper?

You seriously trying to tell me something?

It's not personal, I just find it funny you gave the term "slow grind" a new meaning.

You're suspect kev is all - you are ok for a while and then every now and then you say some stupid ignorant shit that sounds like you're just trying to regurgitate something you heard on the amazon forums to sound impartial and fair. Just be yourself. If you're really into that down home, southful rap there is no denying the merits of this album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 8:04 pm

No SRP you catch feelings when I don't cosign every southern album you think I should like. Banner has made some songs I like but his albums are not that good to me. Str8 up no chaser and take it how it is. You are the number #1 suspect like Gangster Pat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 8:06 pm

OOOOOH SHIT... you quoted a southern album... good one... I don't catch feelings I just lose respect for you is all...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 8:08 pm

But why I can't have an informed opinion on said artist?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 8:09 pm

how many times total have you spun this album?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 8:14 pm

Probably 2-3 times and I have tried to listen to it more but I can never make it through the whole album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 8:19 pm

not very informed if you ask me... but its expected from your suspect taste.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 8:27 pm

Bunny Man wrote:
You say that Jeru was made dope by Premier beats - but somehow he proves he can be dope by himself by being dope over pete rock beats?

Terry said he was made dope by Premo beats, not me.

Bottom line, had you not mentioned Jeru in the first place, there would have been no issue/debate here. As a result, you took an L just like the Cowgirls just did. GO GIANTS!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 8:32 pm

As a result you ignorant east coast bias bitch boys actually contributed to a thread that didn't include a rapper who's dick you suck on the daily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 8:35 pm

SRP= Suckin Rino's Penis
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 8:55 pm

KJ Styles = Illegitimate son of Shamu and Monique
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 10:16 pm

SRP= Illegitimate Son of Vickie Guerrero and Ren from Ren & Stimpy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 5   Overrated/Underrated Day 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overrated/Underrated Day 5
Page 1 of 1