Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overrated/Underrated Day 3

Go down 
+5
Shaun
Norfeest
D.Powell
E. Taylor
T. Myers
9 posters

overrated or underrated
overrated
Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Vote_lcap41%Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Vote_rcap
 41% [ 7 ]
underrated
Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Vote_lcap6%Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
accurate
Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Vote_lcap53%Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Vote_rcap
 53% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: Overrated/Underrated Day 3   Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 9:02 am

Lupe Fiasco-Food & Liquor

I think the consensus would be around 4.5 stars. However, i've seen people hate it, and i've seen people say it's a 5 star classic. So which is it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 3   Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 9:07 am

I think this is one of those rare situations where the album is all three options. I think its overrated, underrated, and accurate. I got it at 4.25 or maybe higher, not classic yet.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 3   Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 9:07 am

I think it's pretty accurate. I've got it at 4.5 also. Love the album. I don't remember many low points on it.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 3   Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 9:54 am

I've got this one as being accurate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 3   Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 12:15 pm

You mean to say you see KJ calling it a classic. That's about it. But on the whole I agree with Kev saying that it's all three, depending on who you talk to.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 3   Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 12:17 pm

KJ called it a classic but I'm referring to the overall feel about it....that it is a 4 star album...that is accurate IMO!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 3   Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 12:27 pm

I agree D Powell, I have heard more say 4 star range then classic.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 3   Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 12:49 pm

I typically avoid Lupe, so I can't call this one. Maybe a download is in order...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 3   Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 12:53 pm

I was agreeing with you Powell...sheesh.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 3   Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 1:12 pm

Accurate. I have this one right at 4.5 stars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 3   Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 2:51 pm

Definitely overrated... I bought this after passing it by for so long and I was very dissapointed. I mean it is solid... say a 4 - but it does not match up the hype. The beats on it tend to pale in comparison to the highs and the singles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 3   Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 4:12 pm

Bunny Man wrote:
Definitely overrated... I bought this after passing it by for so long and I was very dissapointed. I mean it is solid... say a 4 - but it does not match up the hype. The beats on it tend to pale in comparison to the highs and the singles.

How the fuck is it overrated when the consensus is 4-4.5? And The Cool was more hyped than F&L.

I'll say accurate. It's a personal classic to me but I can't see a rating below 4 stars for this album.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 3   Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 4:41 pm

Overrated
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 3   Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 5:28 pm

i hear most people talking about this like its a classic, so in that sense its overrated, dope album though
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 3   Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 6:28 pm

Accurate. I rate it as a classic.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 3   Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 8:30 pm

Accurate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 3   Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 11:06 pm

You can't see under a four for this album like Royce can't see Lupe's lyrical skill. But you've since taken that back. And you wonder why people don't respect your opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overrated/Underrated Day 3   Overrated/Underrated Day 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overrated/Underrated Day 3
Page 1 of 1