Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who is the best power forward of all time?

Go down 
+6
Cold Loungin
D.Powell
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Norfeest
Half
Shaun
10 posters

Tim Duncan
Who is the best power forward of all time? Vote_lcap64%Who is the best power forward of all time? Vote_rcap
 64% [ 9 ]
Karl Malone
Who is the best power forward of all time? Vote_lcap21%Who is the best power forward of all time? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Charles Barkley
Who is the best power forward of all time? Vote_lcap7%Who is the best power forward of all time? Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Kevin McHale
Who is the best power forward of all time? Vote_lcap0%Who is the best power forward of all time? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Elvin Hayes
Who is the best power forward of all time? Vote_lcap0%Who is the best power forward of all time? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Kevin Garnett
Who is the best power forward of all time? Vote_lcap7%Who is the best power forward of all time? Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Dirk Nowitzki
 0% [ 0 ]
Bob Pettit
 0% [ 0 ]
Dave Debusschere
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage

Who is the best power forward of all time? Empty
PostSubject: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 4:34 pm

Who you got?

Personally for me it's Tim Duncan. He's got 4 championships, 2 MVP awards, 2 finals MVP's, 12 time all NBA team selection, and 11 time all star. Nobody else can match that.

In my opinion he's not only the best PF of all time, but he's a Top 10 all time NBA player. I dare anyone to honestly dispute that.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 4:48 pm

Nikoloz Tskitishvili!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 4:50 pm

All time off that particular list I give it to Karl... KG would be up there... currently - it's Dirk at the top... Amare is a up there just for pure talent - performance this year? Boozer was a beast.

I guess if we were talking best Centers who played PF and then switched to PF when they could hang at center I would say Duncan would be in that conversation.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 4:56 pm

I'll also give it to Karl...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 5:00 pm

Pookie The Bear wrote:
All time off that particular list I give it to Karl... KG would be up there... currently - it's Dirk at the top... Amare is a up there just for pure talent - performance this year? Boozer was a beast.

I guess if we were talking best Centers who played PF and then switched to PF when they could hang at center I would say Duncan would be in that conversation.

LMAO@Boozer, he doesn't deserve to be mentioned AT ALL!

I could see a case for Karl, but his postseason numbers aren't as good as his regular season numbers. To quote Scottie Pippen "The mailman doesn't deliver on Sundays". Even Jerry Sloan, who was Karl's coach the majority of his career, called Tim Duncan the best ever at his position.

Dirk is strictly a regular season guy, he often chokes in the postseason. He's like the Dan Marino of the NBA. Amare is dope but not in the GOAT conversation as of yet.

Duncan has played center but he's a natural PF. But to say he's not in the conversation is ridiculous. Career wise he's been great in the regular season AND in the playoffs, and has usually took his team deep into them. Last year was his first ever first round elimination, and that was only because Ginobili wasn't healthy.

I think some people (especially younger NBA fans) underestimate him because he's not a flashy player, but he has delivered results that are superior to any PF that ever played.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 5:14 pm

Well KJ, the numbers don't lie:

RBS AST STL BLK PTS
Malone: 10.1 3.6 1.4 0.8 25.0
KG: 10.8 4.2 1.3 1.6 19.8
Duncan: 11.6 3.2 0.8 2.3 21.1
Dirk: 8.5 2.7 0.9 1.0 22.9

Considering Malone's numbers his case for the top is clear. Considering KG has been in decline, his numbers are still great.

The difference between Dirk and Duncan is not so great either.

I just don't see the logic in your argument. You're telling me Duncan is simply better because his teams have made it further in the playoffs?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 5:39 pm

If you eliminate rings, it has to be Karl Malone or Chuck.

To me, though, it's easily Tim Duncan. I don't think anyone on that list could guard him in his prime. I think he sacrificed on the statistical side in the name of winning and his numbers are still on par with or better than everyone else listed (excluding Karl).

For me...his 3 rings and the number of times his team has been in the playoffs put him over the top.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 5:41 pm

Mr. Fundamental wins this one. His numbers and titles back it up.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 5:46 pm

I'm not understanding what puts Amare anywhere even remotely near the guys in this conversation.

Someone help me out...
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 5:48 pm

Shaun wrote:
Nikoloz Tskitishvili!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I thought dude was gonna be nice in Denver. Boy was I wrong. I used to always trade for him on all my basketball video games and make him an all star. lmao

Dude had skills, though. Just soft as cotton is all.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 5:50 pm

Duncan wins followed by Karl

then comes Charles B...and then Garnett

Nowitzki falls pretty low on my list...dude is SOFT and always has been that way....he's a strictly regular season type of dude and if he faced somebody like say Dennis Rodman, that dude wouldn't have scored more than about 10 points a game....Rodman would've dominated his soft ass
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 5:51 pm

To explain my comment, I mean currently I would put Amare in the conversation based on pure talent... for PFs playing today...in 2010.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 5:55 pm

Ah.

I see your point now. Yes, he's definitely in the mix in terms of today's talent. I still think 80% of his production is due to that scrawny Canadian guy he plays with, but I do agree with you.

Side note: What's with the gay pics in your sig? lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 5:58 pm

Garfield is far from gay. And that is a ferocious tiger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 6:05 pm

Pookie The Bear wrote:
Well KJ, the numbers don't lie:

RBS AST STL BLK PTS
Malone: 10.1 3.6 1.4 0.8 25.0
KG: 10.8 4.2 1.3 1.6 19.8
Duncan: 11.6 3.2 0.8 2.3 21.1
Dirk: 8.5 2.7 0.9 1.0 22.9

Considering Malone's numbers his case for the top is clear. Considering KG has been in decline, his numbers are still great.

The difference between Dirk and Duncan is not so great either.

I just don't see the logic in your argument. You're telling me Duncan is simply better because his teams have made it further in the playoffs?

Again, I could see someone making a case for the Mailman but he hasn't been quite as great in the postseason as he has in the regular season (save for 95 and 96) Duncan has been great in both. I have no problem with someone picking Malone, but IMO Duncan was better.

Duncan beats Dirk in every catagory except points (and that difference is only ONE point) but winning ALWAYS trumps stats. Always has, always will. Especially regular season stats.

I'd rank Pettit and Barkley over KG and Dirk as well.

Last edited by KJ Styles on Sun 25 Apr 2010, 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 6:07 pm

Winning does not always trump stats.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 8:07 pm

i always liked shawn kemp he was pf wasnt he?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 8:37 pm

Tim Duncan's got this one in the bag.

1. Malone played with Stockton, who i feel is criminally underrated, and he owes a large part of his success to him IMO. Malone got the bulk of the attention cause scorers always get the accolades, but Stockton was the ultimate PG.

2. Duncans's numbers are comparable.

3. Duncan has 4 rings with an over the hill Robinson and an overrated Tony Parker. I like Manu though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 8:41 pm

Just like Terry to dismiss 3 minority all stars and future hall of famers (David, Manu, and Tony) and big up one turtle (Stockton) to give credit to Malone over Duncan... honky please.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 8:45 pm

LOL! If Manu or Parker even sniff the HOF, i'll put a bullet in my head, and Robinson was great. He was just past his prime with Duncan. Not to mention, Stockton was better than all of them fools(yes, even better than Robinson).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 8:48 pm

I'll keep count for you:

Number of foreigners insulted: 2

Manu
Parker

Number of dark skinned blacks insulted: 2

Robinson
Malone

Number of Whites and Light Skinned Blacks exalted: 2

Duncan
Stockton
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 8:50 pm

uh, isn't Duncan a foreigner?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 8:52 pm

Virgin Islands is a US territory. Your fat, country, flag waving ass should know all the places your people have raped and pillaged.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 8:54 pm

indeed
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 8:56 pm

Sir Charles
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 8:59 pm

Sir Charles is indeed my favorite PF of all time.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 9:01 pm

Favorite and best are two different questions. Duncan wouldn't be in my top 5 favorites.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 9:13 pm

Pookie The Bear wrote:
Sir Charles is indeed my favorite PF of all time.

yup, and his numbers and career are good enough to get my vote
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 11:23 pm

In my time of watching basketball I have to give it to Duncan. KG comes second.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010, 11:46 pm

T. Myers wrote:
LOL! If Manu or Parker even sniff the HOF, i'll put a bullet in my head, and Robinson was great. He was just past his prime with Duncan. Not to mention, Stockton was better than all of them fools(yes, even better than Robinson).

I could see Parker making the HOF if he continues to be productive. However, it'll be because of Duncan if he gets in, just as Pippen will make it because of MJ.

Stockton was dope, but I wouldn't put him over Duncan because he and the Mailman failed to capture the bling together.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 12:00 am

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I could see Parker making the HOF if he continues to be productive. However, it'll be because of Duncan if he gets in, just as Pippen will make it because of MJ.

Stockton was dope, but I wouldn't put him over Duncan because he and the Mailman failed to capture the bling together.

WOAH WOAH slow down man. Are you trying to say Pippen is going to make the HOF because of MJ???? Pippen was a damn good player and a damn good talent who could have had a HOF career without Jordan. Obviously he woudlnt have won as many rings but im sure if he was paired with another good player or had a competent team they could have won a ring. Putting Parker and Pippen in the same sentence is absurd, Pippen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Parker

how do people forget that the year after Jordan's first retirement Pippen led the Bulls scoring 20+ to a 55 win season and made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. And this was after losing arguably the best player of all time.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 3:21 am

Co-Sign your post 100%

MJ was my favorite player growing up. I remember that because I just knew the Bulls would stink without him. I was way wrong. Also, Scottie could dominate a game without scoring. His defense was top shelf. Putting him in the same sentence as Parker is disrespectful... lol

Parker is an overrated, often injured PG with almost no jumpshot. He has worked on it over the years, but his J is still so - so. Which is why he'd rather risk his career by going into the paint. And it shows since he has yet to play 82 games in a season more than once...and that was his second year in the league. Hell, the other Tony Parker (Candace's big bro) has a better jumper than the Frenchman. He simply fits what Pop wants to a tee. Most players benefit or suffer because of the system they're in, but none of them have benefited the way he has.

When he hangs 'em up, he'll be best known for snagging Eva Longoria...
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 3:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lol...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 7:38 am

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I guess that reads a little funny, but Duncan was supposed to be excluded from that comment. I would never say Stockton was better than Duncan.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 7:40 am

This is where rings come into play. If Stockton had a ring or two, he would be better than Duncan 95% of the time. But, since Stockton has zero, Duncan is better.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 7:41 am

Shaun wrote:
This is where rings come into play. If Stockton had a ring or two, he would be better than Duncan 95% of the time. But, since Stockton has zero, Duncan is better.

Well, it's also hard to compare them since they play two completely different positions
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 7:46 am

Indeed, it is. But, I think we could all agree that Malone would top this list with two rings, right? So that would probably propel Stockton into that upper tier position, also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 1:13 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

WOAH WOAH slow down man. Are you trying to say Pippen is going to make the HOF because of MJ???? Pippen was a damn good player and a damn good talent who could have had a HOF career without Jordan. Obviously he woudlnt have won as many rings but im sure if he was paired with another good player or had a competent team they could have won a ring. Putting Parker and Pippen in the same sentence is absurd, Pippen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Parker

how do people forget that the year after Jordan's first retirement Pippen led the Bulls scoring 20+ to a 55 win season and made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. And this was after losing arguably the best player of all time.

I know Pippen was better than Parker, but Jordan DID make him better. Pippen's first few seasons were decent at best, it was around 1989-90 or so where he really started coming into his own. He might have had an HOF career without Mike, but he wouldn't be a first ballot HOF'er without him.

As for Tony Parker, well he was the MVP of the 2007 Finals, you don't earn that award if you're not a great player.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 1:28 pm

I'm voting Duncan. I used to rock his jersey when I was a kid even though I was a Bulls fan.

And cosign Slang and Norf about Tony Parker. He's got skills but no way will he be a hall of famer.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 3:10 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I know Pippen was better than Parker, but Jordan DID make him better. Pippen's first few seasons were decent at best, it was around 1989-90 or so where he really started coming into his own. He might have had an HOF career without Mike, but he wouldn't be a first ballot HOF'er without him.

As for Tony Parker, well he was the MVP of the 2007 Finals, you don't earn that award if you're not a great player.

Come on, KJ. You know better than that...

The Finals MVP goes to the hottest player in the finals. There are people with Finals MVP awards that aren't going to the HOF. There are people with Finals MVP awards that have virtually no chance at winning it in the regular season. There are people that win the award that are good, but not great. Tony Parker is all of the above.

Hell, Chauncey Billups has one too. He isn't great and he ain't gettin' in the HOF either. That logic has major holes in it.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 3:31 pm

KJ, you and I both know that Tony Parker is not a GREAT player man....he is a GREAT wife catcher because Eva is the TRUTH...but as a basketball player he is above average...he is a good player..but the adjective GREAT does not apply here man...GREAT is Michael...GREAT is Kobe.....GREAT is Kareem....GREAT is Magic and Bird or Hakeem and Clyde...even guys that haven't won like Karl or Patrick or Charles Barkley are GREAT players man!

Tony Parker is good...but not GREAT..
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 3:38 pm

Tony Parker is a little French bitch. With his fairy floater
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 5:03 pm

i think Chauncey actually has an outside chance at the HOF, at least a better chance than Parker. All star appearances, finals MVP, 7 straight years getting to the conference finals, has a ring....i dont know theres a slight chance
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 5:08 pm

I see your point. His entire body of work, though, isn't HOF material. Chauncey got hot later on in his career. He's always been good IMO, but the winning and the All star level of play didn't start until he got to Detroit. No one was really giving him a shot before then.

Good point, though. I can see an outside chance...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr 2010, 5:31 pm

Chauncey makes my hall of fame, because I used to use the same jumpshot form as him when I first started playing. My friends used to call me Shauncey... lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best power forward of all time?   Who is the best power forward of all time? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1