Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)

Go down 
+5
J. Harris
parker lewis
Laced With Slang
Shaun
Justin Linker
9 posters

Will you be buying the album on the 13th?
Yes
CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Vote_lcap63%CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Vote_rcap
 63% [ 5 ]
No
CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Vote_lcap37%CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Vote_rcap
 37% [ 3 ]
Undecided
CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Vote_lcap0%CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Empty
PostSubject: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 5:07 pm

CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) CNN-The-War-Report-2-Cover-500x511
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 5:09 pm

Probably not on the 13th, but down the line.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 5:19 pm

Indeed. I won't have the extra funds by Tuesday, but I will get it at the end of the monfffff
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 5:21 pm

Sell your pussy, you'll get the money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 5:39 pm

I did. Sold him (Mittens) to Tran without realizing it, and now he's digested Sad
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 5:39 pm

hell yea ill be buying this everything ive heard so far has been nice, and the album has gotten positive feedback
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 6:10 pm

I would be really surprised if there is anything interesting on this album. The first one sounded like a hundred different albums I'd already heard. You guys ever get tired of the same generic shit?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 9:07 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
I would be really surprised if there is anything interesting on this album. The first one sounded like a hundred different albums I'd already heard. You guys ever get tired of the same generic shit?

umm your favorite rappers are all battle rappers who spit over the same type of beats...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 10:56 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

umm your favorite rappers are all battle rappers who spit over the same type of beats...

Yup, that describes Super Chron Flight Brothers to a T.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 11:07 pm

I'm looking forward to this. I'm not expecting it to be on the level of the original but if CNN can rediscover the magic that made them dope to begin with, then I'm sure it'll be a superb effort.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 11:18 pm

CNN is actually spitting better than their past couple of solos and joint albums. They'll probably never top the first War Report, but this one is actually pretty decent. Some of the tracks seem generic, but it's better than I thought.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 12:19 am

M1dw35t3rn Rap Pr0 wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

This has to be sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 12:21 am

"umm your favorite rappers are all battle rappers who spit over the same type of beats..."

Such as?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:28 am

Kid Joe wrote:
M1dw35t3rn Rap Pr0 wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

This has to be sarcasm.

It definitely was. Your infrequent posts on this site made me just want to point out the dude bumping a group of artists who've progressed very little (except in the way of trying to gain mainstream acceptance) was pidgeon holing another poster's tastes, who he clearly knows nothing about on the chance it might be two weeks before you come back and never get to see this post.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:42 am

I'm most always peaking in around here. I just had to get away from all those lists. I can't keep track of all that shit.

Too many strands in the old dooder's head...

Last edited by Kid Joe on Mon 12 Jul 2010, 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:44 am

Yeah it is a little tiresome. I try my best to stimulate convo around here...but some people (ahem) just assume I'm a conflict addict.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:46 am

You are. I get bored myself, then I gets to trollin. KJ and you are the easiest marks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:49 am

Smh. I just turn my opinions up to ten on here because I really have no one to talk about this type of shit with in real life. Believe me when I tell you I'm no "mark".
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:53 am

Relax, I'm not picking your pockets. In the sense I'm using the word, you absolutely are. I can get a reaction out of you any time I choose to.

Keep in mind, my opinions are genuine. KJ's kind of gay for digging hermes, CNN is boring middle of the road QB rap, and you're a kinetic argument.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 1:56 am

I have no problem being labeled that, because that's certainly how I would appear on here. However, I don't get on these forums to sit around say "yeah, man, Rakim is sooooooooo great, east coast this, biggie is the GOAT" blah blah blah. And I'm completely relaxed. You should get on chatbox sometimes, much easier to get a better feel for people IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 12:46 pm

I wish I would buy this shit. The cover is very LMAO at these old cats still talkin about some fucking war report...GTFOH!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 12:53 pm

Stop that kev. You're gonna blow Wayne's high.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 2:14 pm

Jesus christ, when did nore blow up into a whale?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 2:21 pm

6-7 years ago. Around the time "Nothin'" dropped
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 2:22 pm

Shaun wrote:

it was around the time he was getting arrested at What-A-Burger or whatever the hell it's called.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 2:24 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Shaun wrote:

it was around the time he was getting arrested at What-A-Burger or whatever the hell it's called.

Lol, have you ever eaten there? The one near where I live makes pretty good burgers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 2:25 pm

what a burger is dope... but yeah, these dudes blowed up.. nore hit like 350
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 2:25 pm

Nah, i've never ate there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 2:28 pm

they make dope burgers... fries is good... chicken finger baskets... nice big ass fresh burgers... dope sweet tea... get familiar.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 2:29 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
they make dope burgers... fries is good... chicken finger baskets... nice big ass fresh burgers... dope sweet tea... get familiar.

There aren't any around here fool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 2:34 pm

Sucks to be you I guess. Whut Whut Whut Whut Whut COCKER SPANIEL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 5:20 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I wish I would buy this shit. The cover is very LMAO at these old cats still talkin about some fucking war report...GTFOH!

SMH, if these dudes were from the South or West you'd have love for them. It seems that you love gangsta rap anywhere but in the East.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:00 pm

That's because everybody knows NYC gangsta is straight baloney, son. Guliani squashed all that shit years ago.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:10 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
"umm your favorite rappers are all battle rappers who spit over the same type of beats..."

Such as?

well while Nero is right i dont fully know your tastes, most of the new stuff you big up is mostly people like AOTP, Slaine,...guys running the underground that have a certain style and appeal to a certain audience. Theres nothing wrong with them i like those artists a lot it just seems you hate on a lot of other good stuff and big up this style that hasnt really evolved/changed in a good 5-6 years
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:15 pm

I could be overlooking something, but I don't think I hate on a lot of music. And, I'm not just hating for no reason. I really thought these guys were boring. Nothing about them stood out to me back then, or ever since.

I mean, an emcee like Slaine murders this language, and so do most of my favorites. That shit entertains me. If you're not into the lynguistics I could see how they all sound the same. But, if you look at my top 10 (I can't even believe I'm saying this...) I think you see at least a few different sounds and personalities represented. That goes for the albums list, too.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:18 pm

And, not changing over a 5-6 year period is a hell of a lot different than stagnating for 10-20 years.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:32 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
I could be overlooking something, but I don't think I hate on a lot of music. And, I'm not just hating for no reason. I really thought these guys were boring. Nothing about them stood out to me back then, or ever since.

I mean, an emcee like Slaine murders this language, and so do most of my favorites. That shit entertains me. If you're not into the lynguistics I could see how they all sound the same. But, if you look at my top 10 (I can't even believe I'm saying this...) I think you see at least a few different sounds and personalities represented. That goes for the albums list, too.

arite im not hating on your tastes or anything, i hate on a lot of stuff as well lol. And IMO Slaine is a dope MC but personally i prefer others to his style since everyone and their mom in the underground genre seems to be going his route...punchlines after punchlines, raps about being a rapper, it gets old to me after a while. Just looked at your top 10 and they are all dope but they do all seem to be in a similar vein

again not hating on your style but theres nothing wrong with CNN bringing back a street sound thats been missed for a while, when some of your favorites are still running with the same exact style as most of the underground genre

these are reasons why i big up guys like Cannibal Ox, DOOM, Madlib, so much because they brought a different element to underground rap. Jedi Mind Tricks as well when they first dropped influenced a whole genre of underground rap, i just think the style needs to evolve personally and more art/originality needs to be brought back into the game.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010, 8:41 pm

You should definitely look into the Cape Verde album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 8:28 pm

Well, I went to my local Best Buy tonight and this album wasn't there. Oh well. I'm still going to cop it, but I'm not going all out to get it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 8:41 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
That's because everybody knows NYC gangsta is straight baloney, son. Guliani squashed all that shit years ago.

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 9:36 pm

You can't retaliate son with a son. It's just improper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 9:45 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
You can't retaliate son with a son. It's just improper.

How you gonna front on gangsta rap from NY when you're from there, traitor!
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 9:53 pm

I've been lost in Harlem, I've been lost in Atlanta....BIG fuckin difference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010, 11:58 pm

This album is alright, (Pain is definitely a classic song IMO), but I expect this to be over-rated as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jul 2010, 12:53 am

Esco wrote:
Jesus christ, when did nore blow up into a whale?

LMFAO
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jul 2010, 2:19 am

Ok, I gotta admit, this album bangs. Real dope album, easily worth the $7.99 I paid for it. Pain is a dope song (not sure about classic though, wish it didn't include the intro at the beginning).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)   CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CNN's War Report 2: Last call (of sorts)
Page 1 of 1