Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The TV Drama thread

Go down 
+4
TheHazardous
Shaun
parker lewis
T. Myers
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The TV Drama thread Empty
PostSubject: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 2:14 pm

This is about 1 hour shows that you like. Some of my all time favs are....

The Dukes Of Hazzard
The Shield
The First 48 (my current favorite show. I know it's a reality show but there's plenty of drama involved in it)
The A-Team
Miami Vice
Knight Rider
Law & Order (the original and SVU)
The Wire
MacGyver
New York Undercover
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 2:20 pm

The Wire and then there's everything else. For the sake of the thread, i like

The Shield
New York Undercover(at least until the killed off Torres)
House
The Sopranos
21 Jumpstreet(i loved the hell out this show back in the day)

Law & Order SVU is the only L&O i can get in to
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 3:01 pm

T. Myers wrote:

The Shield
House
The Sopranos

The Wire was dope but not the best drama of all time IMO. I should have listed The Sopranos, that's definitely an all time fav. I'm a House and Jumpstreet fan as well.

The Shield was fuckin awesome, and I like Chiklis' new show too, check it out sometime if you haven't already.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 5:22 pm

Breaking Bad murders all. I don't care if you don't like it,Shaun...just shut your goddamned mouth.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 5:45 pm

lol... I've never seen that. I don't watch much television.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 7:42 pm

New York Undercover
The Shield
Dexter
The Wire
Sopranos
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 8:05 pm

The Sopranos
Deadwood
Carnivale
Rome
Boardwalk Empire

In my opinion, HBO makes some dope shows. Band of Brothers and The Pacific too, but those are miniseries.

Also:

Lost
The A-Team
Knight Rider
Tour of Duty
Justified

And I liked Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Xena: Warrior Princess...go ahead and laugh.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 8:17 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

The Shield
House
The Sopranos

The Wire was dope but not the best drama of all time IMO. I should have listed The Sopranos, that's definitely an all time fav. I'm a House and Jumpstreet fan as well.

The Shield was fuckin awesome, and I like Chiklis' new show too, check it out sometime if you haven't already.

Yeah, The Shield was an incredible show from beginning to end IMO. Shane Vendrell and Vic Mackey are two of my favorite characters ever. I still haven't checked out his new show though, but the down side of some of these great shows is that it's hard to picture the stars in any other role than the one that made them famous. I can't watch James Gandolfini and not think of Tony Soprano and to a lesser extent the same goes for Chiklis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 8:36 pm

I've always enjoyed Miami Vice and NY Undercover.
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 9:31 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
New York Undercover
The Shield
Dexter
The Wire
Sopranos

I'm right witcha cuz, and I'll say that the Shield is my all time fav and I'll add a couple...

Law & Order (OG & SVU)
Rescue Me

I'mma put this out there for all. What new dramas are on par with your all time favs?
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 9:49 pm

L&O is good in general. I even liked Criminal Intent. The only thing I find laughable in the many branches is folks getting Perry Mason'd.

"That's right I did it! And the bitch had it coming!"
*eyeroll*

I like The Wire slightly more than The Shield, but The Shield had the superior ending by far! And I'll add Oz too.

HBO makes good shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 2:20 am

T. Myers wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

The Shield
House
The Sopranos

Yeah, The Shield was an incredible show from beginning to end IMO. Shane Vendrell and Vic Mackey are two of my favorite characters ever. I still haven't checked out his new show though, but the down side of some of these great shows is that it's hard to picture the stars in any other role than the one that made them famous. I can't watch James Gandolfini and not think of Tony Soprano and to a lesser extent the same goes for Chiklis.

I feel you man, but Michael Chiklis was dope on The Commish as well, which came out before The Shield. While I'd say The Shield was a better show overall, the Commish was dope as well.

That said, I definitely see your point. Anytime I see Sherman Helmsley in a show I automatically think of George Jefferson. Same went for Redd Foxx as Fred Sanford, Ed O'Neill as Al Bundy, and so on and so forth.

But yeah, check out No Ordinary Family (Chiklis' new show) out sometime. It airs Tuesdays at 8 eastern on ABC. It has an Incredibles-like feel to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 2:29 am

TheHazardous wrote:
L&O is good in general. I even liked Criminal Intent. The only thing I find laughable in the many branches is folks getting Perry Mason'd.

"That's right I did it! And the bitch had it coming!"
*eyeroll*

I like The Wire slightly more than The Shield, but The Shield had the superior ending by far! And I'll add Oz too.

HBO makes good shit.

HBO does indeed make great shows. Oz was phenomeonal! That's my second favorite show ever made by HBO next to The Sopranos.

Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 9:15 am

Did anybody watch Deadwood? Now that definitely deserved a 4th season.
Back to top Go down
boet
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
boet

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 9:27 am

everwood (most depressing show EVER)
brothers and sisters
the event (its new here, pretty cool)
prison break was dope, got dragged out towards the end though..
ER, the first few seasons with the OG cast
eastenders (english miniseries)

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 9:30 am

TheHazardous wrote:

They were planning on doind a 3 1/2 hour movie to wrap it up, obviously they never got around to it.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 11:03 am

Kid Joe wrote:
TheHazardous wrote:

They were planning on doind a 3 1/2 hour movie to wrap it up, obviously they never got around to it.

Yeah, years ago I heard it was going to be two 2-hour movies or something like that. I was upset when it didn't come to fruition.

And Hazardous...I watched it. It's the 2nd one on my list.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 7:18 pm

Oh shit I missed that manne.

I liked Carnivale too? Still need to see the second season. How was Rome? My homies said I would love that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 8:20 pm

V
OZ
A-Team
Sopranos
Deep Space Nine
Hunter
The Wonder Years (was it 30min's or an hour?)

There's more just not hitting me right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 8:21 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
V
OZ
A-Team
Sopranos
Deep Space Nine
Hunter

I think Wonder Years was an hour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 8:23 pm

Wayne wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
V
OZ
A-Team
Sopranos
Deep Space Nine
Hunter

I think Wonder Years was an hour.

No it was 30 minutes. Only the series premiere and series finale were an hour.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 8:38 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
Oh shit I missed that manne.

I liked Carnivale too? Still need to see the second season. How was Rome? My homies said I would love that.

I think it's a lot like Deadwood, but set in ancient Rome. Dealing with the death of Caesar and all that.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 8:58 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
V
OZ
A-Team
Sopranos
Deep Space Nine
Hunter

You talking new V or old V? I like both.

Since we pulling the Sci-Fi card, I cosign Star Trek in general. I then throw in new Battlestar Galactica. That shit was hella addictive.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 10:58 pm

Ah, I forgot about V. Probably because it hasn't been on in a while. Main reason I watch the new one is because of Morena Baccarin, even if her neck looks a little long.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct 2010, 11:51 pm

If nobody here is aware of Breaking Bad, let's get with it.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 9:45 am

Myestro wrote:
Ah, I forgot about V. Probably because it hasn't been on in a while. Main reason I watch the new one is because of Morena Baccarin, even if her neck looks a little long.

You know you love you some giraffe.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 9:46 am

Kid Joe wrote:
If nobody here is aware of Breaking Bad, let's get with it.

What's that about?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 1:44 pm

A Nobel-caliber chemist winds up teaching high school (an explanation for this will come later). His teenage son has CP, and his wife is pregnant. His DEA brother-in-law regularly immasculates him around his family (not intentionally...just to outline their personalities).

He finds out he is far along with terminal lung cancer...worried about his family, he begins cooking meth to stack away cash for them. The character development, from every corner, is bar none the absolute best I have ever witnessed in a television series. Each secondary character is as defined and independent as the lead.

Check out the pilot...I bet you bite.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 1:51 pm

I mean, to watch this wish-wash submissive male character rise to the top.of the underworld..due to his ability to create an incomparable product...Mexican mafia...street thugs...junkies...the DEA in his life...

Trust me, this show is excellence. Find it on OVGuide.com...I think blinxx.com is the host I usually end up with for Megavideo.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 7:29 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
Myestro wrote:

Hells yeah! She was even hotter in Firefly and Serenity.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 10:03 pm

Myestro wrote:
TheHazardous wrote:
Myestro wrote:

Did you see her in the Stargate series? She was an evil authoritarian leader with a hidden agenda, lol.

Firefly was tight. The only reason I didn't watch it when it came on was cause it was competing with another show I had already started watching.

Firefly and Dark Angel are two shows I wished had lasted longer.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010, 11:44 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
Myestro wrote:
TheHazardous wrote:
Myestro wrote:

Did you see her in the Stargate series? She was an evil authoritarian leader with a hidden agenda, lol.

Firefly was tight. The only reason I didn't watch it when it came on was cause it was competing with another show I had already started watching.

Firefly and Dark Angel are two shows I wished had lasted longer.

I didn't even know about Firefly until the Serenity movie came out. I bought the DVD though, and saw most of em during a marathon on SyFy a few years back. I liked Morena Baccarin, but it also introduced me to Summer Glau, who really revved my engine in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 8:43 am

First time I saw Summer too. She was also on a show called the 4400. I have to finish that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 9:41 am

TheHazardous wrote:
First time I saw Summer too. She was also on a show called the 4400. I have to finish that.

4400 was dope from what I saw of it, which was probably only the first three episodes. Summer Gleau is creepy looking to me, though. Who was the chick from Dollhouse? She was also on Buffy the Vampire Slayer...

Anyway, that bitch was fucking amazingly beautiful. Also in the show Tru Calling.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 9:41 am

Eliza Dushku
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 9:43 am

Yes, Eliza Dushku. I wish plastic surgery could make another one of her.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 7:56 pm

Eliza Dushku could so get it. I would've gave it to her back in True Lies when she played Arnold's daughter.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010, 8:47 pm

The Wire will always be the best TV Drama.

Good call Kid Joe on Breaking Bad, that's some good shit right there.

Of course good calls on The Sopranos and Deadwood too.

Dexter is pretty nice as well, I'm catching up right now (in season 4, about halfway through).

I also watched Rubicon's first season this year and liked it.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011, 10:32 pm

GAME OF THRONES!
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011, 10:34 pm

Wow totally forgot about this thread.

And Rubicon got cancelled Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011, 10:36 pm

Oh shit...

The Cape!

I liked that show, but that one got cancelled too.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011, 10:39 pm

Oh, and I got into Sons of Anarchy over the winter. Like that one too.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeFri 01 Jul 2011, 1:32 am

Myestro wrote:
GAME OF THRONES!

Where do I co-sign?

Two words, golden crown=karma

The Cape was interesting but I knew it wasn't going to last. It gave me that old The Flash vibe with a Batman-esque like character.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeFri 01 Jul 2011, 8:21 am

Justified is going strong on its way to season 3. This past winter I binged on the entire Veronica Mars and I can't lie... that show will certainly go down in my top 5.

I tried watching Game of Thrones... maybe i'll try again on DVD. It kind of reminded me of 6 Ft Deep... obnoxious homo/incest content for shock value. It seemed to go beyond a literary purpose.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeFri 01 Jul 2011, 1:26 pm

Incest is a theme as well as the concept of purity and how it leads to self-destruction. Or at least that's what I got from it.

Another aspect is the different manifestations of madness.

And the folly of not stepping up to the plate when it needs to be done and the disastrous results that can follow.

And did you mean Six Feet Under?
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeFri 01 Jul 2011, 4:44 pm

The incest thing is important to the storyline (at least in season 1). I don't want to give away spoilers, so I'll leave it at that.

The homo stuff seems unnecessary, but maybe it will serve a purpose later on?

I know that season 1 has remained faithful to the first book. I'm only halfway through that book, but so far, the only changes made were some scenes of dialogue and some minor details (i.e. a character having straight hair instead of curls). No major changes so far, though. Obviously, I haven't made it to books 2 or 3, so I don't know how important the gay stuff is, if it even is at all.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeFri 01 Jul 2011, 5:05 pm

This is the same as it was last year. The Wire is the G.O.A.T. for me.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeFri 01 Jul 2011, 5:09 pm

Myestro wrote:
The incest thing is important to the storyline (at least in season 1). I don't want to give away spoilers, so I'll leave it at that.

I know that season 1 has remained faithful to the first book. I'm only halfway through that book, but so far, the only changes made were some scenes of dialogue and some minor details (i.e. a character having straight hair instead of curls). No major changes so far, though. Obviously, I haven't made it to books 2 or 3, so I don't know how important the gay stuff is, if it even is at all.

I saw the presence of incest in three different situations. Myestro did you like the golden crown moment?
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeFri 01 Jul 2011, 5:42 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
Myestro wrote:

I saw the presence of incest in three different situations. Myestro did you like the golden crown moment?

Yeah, that was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitimeFri 01 Jul 2011, 5:44 pm

T. Myers wrote:
This is the same as it was last year. The Wire is the G.O.A.T. for me.

+100...unfortunately I can only do one

Last edited by Half on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The TV Drama thread   The TV Drama thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The TV Drama thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next