Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Good Book: A Humanist Bible

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

The Good Book: A Humanist Bible Empty
PostSubject: The Good Book: A Humanist Bible   The Good Book: A Humanist Bible Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 12:41 pm

Check it out, sounds interesting:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The Good Book: A Humanist Bible   The Good Book: A Humanist Bible Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 7:04 pm

This looks very interesting. If you're into this type of reading, you might want to check out "Shambala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior"... it is secular guide to finding satisfaction through ethical behavior and heightened awareness of self and environment. Written by a Buddhist monk, Chogyam Trungpa. It is an excellent book.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: The Good Book: A Humanist Bible   The Good Book: A Humanist Bible Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 7:56 pm

I may check that one out Lewis. Right now I got my eyes on this book and this one:

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The Good Book: A Humanist Bible   The Good Book: A Humanist Bible Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 11:54 pm

That book looks even better...

I just got an offer in the mail today for a magazine called "Free Inquiry", all about how our leaders are using the archaic mythology of Judeo-Christianity to keep us in line... and how nobody really seems to question the absurdity of it.

Even though Atheism and secular thought are more prominent than ever in today's societies, we still base our laws - not on the fundamental ethics of living organisms - but, on the dictated 'sins' of the bible.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: The Good Book: A Humanist Bible   The Good Book: A Humanist Bible Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr 2011, 12:08 am

You should peep this book, Park.

It's a good read.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The Good Book: A Humanist Bible   The Good Book: A Humanist Bible Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr 2011, 12:11 am

I've read "Living Buddha, Living Christ" and "Miracle of Mindfulness". Both great reads. His style is very natural and readable, just like Trungpa's.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: The Good Book: A Humanist Bible   The Good Book: A Humanist Bible Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr 2011, 3:07 pm

parker lewis wrote:
That book looks even better...

I just got an offer in the mail today for a magazine called "Free Inquiry", all about how our leaders are using the archaic mythology of Judeo-Christianity to keep us in line... and how nobody really seems to question the absurdity of it.

Even though Atheism and secular thought are more prominent than ever in today's societies, we still base our laws - not on the fundamental ethics of living organisms - but, on the dictated 'sins' of the bible.

Yeah I feel you on that. Religon has its positive's and place in society but it has to be put in check at some point. People need to realize what you worship in your home and heart is your business but leave it there. We try to act like such an advanced society but still follow some books from over 1,000 yrs ago? Sounds fucking crazy to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Good Book: A Humanist Bible   The Good Book: A Humanist Bible Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Good Book: A Humanist Bible
Page 1 of 1