Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang

Go down 
2 posters

Which one?
Self Destruction
Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang Vote_lcap80%Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang Vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
Were All In The Same Gang
Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang Vote_lcap20%Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage

Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang Empty
PostSubject: Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang   Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 12:59 pm

Who to you had the betta verse?

KRS-One vs. King Tee
Body and Soul vs. Delite
Kool Moe Dee vs. Def Jef
Tone Loc vs. Mc Lyte
Daddy-O/Wise vs. Above The Law
Ice-T vs. D-Nice
Ms. Melodie vs. Ren & Dre
Doug E Fresh vs. JJ Fad
Just Ice vs. Young MC
Heavy D vs. Digital Underground
Hammer vs. Frukwan
Eazy vs. Chuck D

NOTE: I left off Oaktowns 357 verse to keep it even.

And which one is your fav overall trk?

Last edited by KRob86 on Tue 04 Aug 2009, 6:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang   Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 2:53 pm

bump...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang   Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 5:22 pm

Self Destruction was a much better and much more memorable song IMO.

No disrespect to We're All In The Same Gang, but the verses dropped in Self Destruction were LEGENDARY. Most rap fans that grew up from that era can recite that song word for word. It also ushered in the "Stop The Violence" movement by KRS-One, and even spawned what many people consider to be it's sequel, H.E.A.L. (Human Education Against Lies).

We're All In The Same Gang is a dope song, but Self Destruction was the reason that song ever came out and is the better song IMO.

EDIT: Kevin, the verse after Heavy D's was Frukwan from Stetasonic aka The Gatekeeper from Gravediggaz. Also, where you had Frukwan matched against Ice-T was incorrect. The guy you thought was Frukwan is D-Nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang   Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 5:33 pm

As for verses.....

KRS-One vs. King Tee
Body and Soul vs. Delite
Kool Moe Dee vs. Def Jef
Tone Loc vs. Mc Lyte
Ice-T vs. D-Nice
Doug E Fresh vs. JJ Fad
Just Ice vs. Young MC
Heavy D vs. Digital Underground- Humpty had the best verse for the West Coast track IMO.
Hammer vs. Frukwan
Eazy vs. Chuck D

Last edited by KJ Styles on Tue 04 Aug 2009, 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang   Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 5:56 pm

Thanks for the info KJ..I 4got all about D-Nice.

Now I must ask did you really listen to the lyrics on both trks closey? Because the match up's are way closer than that.

Self Destruction is my fav of the two and may be a tad betta but WAITSG had a betta song structure and longer verses. SD was dealing more with knowledge of self and Were All was dealing more with avoiding gang violence. I miss shit like this in hip hop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang   Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 6:08 pm

KRS-One vs. King Tee
Body and Soul vs. Delite
Kool Moe Dee vs. Def Jef
Tone Loc vs. Mc Lyte
Ice-T vs. D-Nice
Doug E Fresh vs. JJ Fad
Just Ice vs. Young MC
Heavy D vs. Digital Underground
Hammer vs. Frukwan
Eazy vs. Chuck D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang   Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 6:14 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Thanks for the info KJ..I 4got all about D-Nice.

Now I must ask did you really listen to the lyrics on both trks closey? Because the match up's are way closer than that.

Self Destruction is my fav of the two and may be a tad betta but WAITSG had a betta song structure and longer verses. SD was dealing more with knowledge of self and Were All was dealing more with avoiding gang violence. I miss shit like this in hip hop.

SD was the big picture - Black on Black crime as a whole which included gang violence.

I've got both tracks on my iPod, so yes I have listened to both closely. I like both songs, but SD as a whole is better and more groundbreaking IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang   Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 7:49 pm

lol @ chuck d and KRS losing...LMAO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang   Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 8:45 pm

Steve wrote:

Now this is something that I can agree with you on, they EASILY beat King Tee and Easy E.

KRS-One had the perfect opening, and Chuck had the perfect closing for the song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang   Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 9:13 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Steve wrote:

Now this is something that I can agree with you on, they EASILY beat King Tee and Easy E.

KRS-One had the perfect opening, and Chuck had the perfect closing for the song.

Man that's just bias as shit and close minded. If you breakdown lyrically those verses you could see why I picked them. But since they are KRS and Chuck D lord forbid King Tee and Eazy may had the betta verse for one fucking song.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang   Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 9:19 pm

KRS-One vs. King Tee-Kris wins,although King tee's verse was good
Body and Soul vs. Delite-Delite by 80 miles
Kool Moe Dee vs. Def Jef-Moe Dee wins
Tone Loc vs. Mc Lyte-Lyte wins with a verse written by LL Cool J (A little trivia for those that may not know)
Daddy-O/Wise vs. Above The Law-Above The Law wins
Ice-T vs. D-Nice-D-Nice wins
Ms. Melodie vs. Ren & Dre-Ren&Dre win easily
Doug E Fresh vs. JJ Fad-Doug wins by a football field
Just Ice vs. Young MC-Just-Ice wins
Heavy D vs. Digital Underground-I'm going with Hev here
Hammer vs. Frukwan-Fruitkwan baby bubba
Eazy vs. Chuck D-Chuck MURDERED this verse, he wins easily (RIP) Eazy-E though

Self Destruction was the better song by far IMO and I'm not saying that because I'm from the East, it just was the better song and inspired All In The Same Gang to even be made in 1990....Self Destruction was '89

and yes Cool J wrote MC Lyte's verse for this song, he couldn't for some reason make an appearance on this song, so he contributed by writing Lyte's verse for it...he did appear on the next one in '91 the H.E.A.L project although again for some reason he missed being in that video...lol..a little trivia...

Last edited by D.Powell on Tue 04 Aug 2009, 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang   Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 9:34 pm

KRob86 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Steve wrote:

Man that's just bias as shit and close minded. If you breakdown lyrically those verses you could see why I picked them. But since they are KRS and Chuck D lord forbid King Tee and Eazy may had the betta verse for one fucking song.

You have the right to your opinion Kev, I'm just saying that I disagree with you. Had nothing to do with big names, I just felt that KRS and Chuck had doper verses. In fact, I felt that Chuck's verse was the best in the song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang   Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 9:43 pm

Naw KJ you put "easily" in all caps which is kind of like laughing at the thought of me even matching them up. It's all good, I voted for SD also.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang   Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang Icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 10:22 am

KRS-One vs. King - i love how he started it off
Body and Soul vs. Delite
Kool Moe Dee vs. Def Jef
Tone Loc vs. Mc Lyte - Lyte's verse is one of the highlights she rips it
Ice-T vs. D-Nice - both good but Ice-T's is more memorable
Doug E Fresh vs. JJ Fad
Just Ice vs. Young MC
Heavy D vs. Digital Underground - i love how Hev flows on the beat change but im giving this to Humpty
Hammer vs. Frukwan - Frukwan for sure
Eazy vs. Chuck D - this ones a tie Chuck D has the better verse technically but i love Eazy's energy and hes the perfect person to close this song out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang   Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Self Destruction vs. We're All In The Same Gang
Page 1 of 1