Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills

Go down 
+8
Esco
Alan
parker lewis
Norfeest
D.Powell
E. Taylor
Laced With Slang
Half
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What do you got?
WACK!
KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Ehhh
KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Dec
KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
Dope
KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Vote_lcap67%KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 67% [ 10 ]
Classic, son! You frontin Jeff!
KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage

KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 5:56 pm

now see kj, nobody but you is calling this AOTY, and damn near everyone has it at 3.5-3.75, while relapse didnt get any lower than 4 except for a couple of misfits, and had plenty of people around the world calling it classic.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 6:03 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
now see kj, nobody but you is calling this AOTY, and damn near everyone has it at 3.5-3.75, while relapse didnt get any lower than 4 except for a couple of misfits, and had plenty of people around the world calling it classic.

LOL @ Misfits
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 6:07 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:

Most people have this Survival Skills at 4 stars or better. I'm not just talking about this forum, I'm talking about hip-hop nation as a whole. RapReviews called it a classic.

I don't know anybody but you calling Relapse a classic. It's a good album, but it pales in comparsion to the MMLP and SSLP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 6:13 pm

Rapreviews consistently overrates KRS-ONE...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 6:35 pm

The Real Real Jeru wrote:
Rapreviews consistently overrates KRS-ONE...

No, you consistently UNDERRATE him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 6:37 pm

not true...I think I have been more than fair anytime I seriously rate the man's music of what I have heard...it may not be as high as some - but I do not take credit away from the man when he makes something good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 6:38 pm

oh and log onto chat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 6:55 pm

this is where KJ the nuthugger comes in:

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/reviews/id.1244
http://www.metrospirit.com/index.php?cat=1993101070394080&ShowArticle_ID=11010909092754667
http://www.spin.com/reviews/krs-one-buckshot-survival-skills-duck-down
http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=57328
http://www.djbooth.net/index/albums/review/krs-one-and-buckshot-survival-skills-09170901/
http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2009/09/clean-up-crew-review-of-krs-one-buckshots-survival-skills

6/7 PROFESSIONAL reviews gave it LESS than 4 stars. You're a fucking nuthugger. I love how you say EVERYONE off here calls it classic, and no one called Relapse classic. You must be high.

EDIT: And your retarded logic about his earlier albums being better; so I suppose SS is better than all of KRS' first 5 albums then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 8:32 pm

very convenient KJ responds to MOP and not this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 9:29 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
very convenient KJ responds to MOP and not this.

I didn't dodge shit, I just never came back to this topic. There's a difference.

I can show you negative reviews for albums you love as well. I can care less. Survival Skills is a dope fuckin album in my mind. It especially stands out in a year which we have not seen any consensus classics.

Why is it that when someone likes something that you don't, you go and insult them. Shit like that makes me not respect your opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 9:41 pm

"Most people have this Survival Skills at 4 stars or better. I'm not just talking about this forum, I'm talking about hip-hop nation as a whole. "

fuckin homo, own your quotes.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 1:07 am

T. Myers wrote:
2Pac's Ghost wrote:

LOL @ Misfits

Misfits = people that recognize when an album is a money grab and weak as fuck and actually say something about it instead of riding dicks.

And who gives a shit about whether the majority of people call an album AOTY or trash. I don't see why that should factor into anyone's personal rating. Talk about being a sjyn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 12:26 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
"Most people have this Survival Skills at 4 stars or better. I'm not just talking about this forum, I'm talking about hip-hop nation as a whole. "

I do own my quotes assclown, and I stand by everything I've said about this album. Most people that I know personally that have heard this album love it. I do too, so that's all that matters.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 12:32 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
2Pac's Ghost wrote:

I do own my quotes assclown, and I stand by everything I've said about this album. Most people that I know personally that have heard this album love it. I do too, so that's all that matters.

For what it's worth, XXL only gave it an L
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 12:34 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
2Pac's Ghost wrote:

Same magazine that gave 808's and Heartbreak an XL, fuck them.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 12:37 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
2Pac's Ghost wrote:

No offense, but you can't really pick and choose which ratings you want to accept when you're throwing out stuff like this. That being said, i don't give a shit about ratings at all(especially XXL). I make up my own mind. If you've decided that it's 4.5 stars to you, that's cool. Don't let what anyone else says change your opinion. It's music, and everyone will approach it differently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 12:47 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
2Pac's Ghost wrote:

No offense, but you can't really pick and choose which ratings you want to accept when you're throwing out stuff like this. That being said, i don't give a shit about ratings at all(especially XXL). I make up my own mind. If you've decided that it's 4.5 stars to you, that's cool. Don't let what anyone else says change your opinion. It's music, and everyone will approach it differently.

I'm not letting anybody change my opinion. I'm just saying that XXL's rating is a poor example when they've given classic and near classic status to lesser albums.

I stand by my opinions, and can care less who disagrees with me. It just irritates me when people here tell me I'm crazy for rating this album a 4.5 when they've rated lesser albums the same or higher. It goes both ways. RapReviews gave this album a classic rating, so I'm definitely not alone in my praise of Survival Skills.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 12:52 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
2Pac's Ghost wrote:

I'm not letting anybody change my opinion. I'm just saying that XXL's rating is a poor example when they've given classic and near classic status to lesser albums.

I stand by my opinions, and can care less who disagrees with me. It just irritates me when people here tell me I'm crazy for rating this album a 4.5 when they've rated lesser albums the same or higher. It goes both ways.

I agree ratings are a personal thing. I'm sure there are people who think i'm crazy for liking BP3 so much. My point is you shouldn't bring up the opinions of others regarding an album and then discount them(the way you did with XXL) when they don't fit your argument.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Nov 2009, 11:17 am

Now after 3 listens I got this album at a 3.75. It sounds betta than it did after that 1st listen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Nov 2009, 11:22 am

Kev have you checked out A&E yet? It blows this album out of the water! KRS spits a verse on that album that puts his work on this album to shame (except for his verse on the title track, which I felt he ripped).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Nov 2009, 2:01 pm

N3R0 wrote:
Kev have you checked out A&E yet? It blows this album out of the water! KRS spits a verse on that album that puts his work on this album to shame (except for his verse on the title track, which I felt he ripped).

Yeah i'm on the fence about that release. Got a link?
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 9:26 pm

N3R0 wrote:

I agree, you need to check out A&E! I haven't heard Kris rip a verse like that since Edutainment!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills   KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KRS One/Buckshot-Survival Skills
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2