Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tech N9ne-KOD

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Tech N9ne-KOD Empty
PostSubject: Tech N9ne-KOD   Tech N9ne-KOD Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 1:09 pm

My verdict-4.75 stars...the skits are the only things I don't like on this album. Dope all the way through. If you've never given Tech a chance or if you've given up on him post-Anghellic try this album out. You won't be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

Tech N9ne-KOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne-KOD   Tech N9ne-KOD Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 7:29 pm

It really sounded like he was forcing the whole darkness thing.... Production is really tired... I'm going to try giving it a couple more spins, but right now it sits at 3.0 for me.
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne-KOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne-KOD   Tech N9ne-KOD Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009, 10:39 am

Terry we should probably have this discussion here instead of the recent spins thread. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Tech N9ne-KOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne-KOD   Tech N9ne-KOD Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009, 10:45 am

Cool, i like the album. 4.25 stars after 2 spins. the track with juicy is dope, and i really like Low as well. There were some tracks that weren't very good in my opinion, and like someone else has already said(i think it was Justice), the album seems forced. Hell, Tech admits as much in the album notes.
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne-KOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne-KOD   Tech N9ne-KOD Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009, 11:02 am

Could you specify which tracks you didn't like? I could see people not liking "Hunterish", but that's really it (and I like the song, for the record).
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Tech N9ne-KOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne-KOD   Tech N9ne-KOD Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 8:02 pm

arite ive been spinning this shit the last 2 days and im gonna review this track by track

1. Show me a God
Wow, great way to kick the album off, beat thumps and Tech is going crazy on here speakin straight from his heart spittin about his mother's health condition, settin the tone of the album perfectly
5/5

2. The Warning (skit)

3. Demons (ft. 3-6 Mafia)
Another great track Tech starts this song off real good, DJ Paul is good, but Juicy steals the show here:
"Loritab top pills, any kinda pills, vicodin, xanax, ambien, yeah
All geeked up, wash it down with a beer
Did it to myself, bunny its your year
bunny I party like a goddamn fool
Back yard barbeque, hoes in the pool
Jacked like a muthafucka, stressed like a muthafucka, this my life bunny, so fuck you These funk bunnies can't trust bunnies, you'll get lit up bunny, get stuck bunny
These choppas buck bunny, bunny buck bunny all in yo guts bunny, bunny guts
A liquor store gatta get the dough, walked in with the fo' get em on the floo' bunny..."

beat is dark with a nice piano loop and the hook is good, doesnt take anything away from the song.
5/5

4. Blackened the Sun
Damn, Tech really got this album off to a good start. Another dope beat, and i love the way Tech starts his verse off and just rides the beat.
"How do I describe my pain?
It just rains and it rains
At the same time flame-ah
I am bane, insane in my veins,
No restraints can chain or contain me,
I'm dangerous!"
The verse's beat with just the drums at first, then the horns come in to contrast him when he starts to yell compliments it perfectly. Another good chorus as well...
5/5

5. Strange Music Box (ft. Krizz Kaliko and Brotha Lynch Hung
Arite so ill admit the first time i heard this song before the album came out i wasnt a huge fan cuz i didnt feel the beat, but it grew on me a ton and i love the part in Tech'sverse where the drms stop and he just spits quick over a dark piano sound. Krizz Kaliko starts off his verse nice as hell on this but Brotha Lynch Hung and Tech are nasty, looks like a good sign of things to come for BLH on Strange
4.5/5

6. Sundae (skit)

7. Check Yo Temperature (ft. Sunday & T-Nutty)
OK, so the album has had a ton of features so far but im not complaining cuz there all killin it...I eally like this beat, and the changes intertwining the piano in the verse as well as the breaks in the music. And who the fuck is Sundae??? She actually holds her own considering she spits right after Tech
4.5/5

8. B. Boy (ft. Kutt Calhoun, Skatterman, Big Scoop, & Bumpy Knuckles
First things first...how the hell are you about to pair two of the hardest motherfuckers in the industry (Skatterman and Bumpy Knuckles) with Tech on the same track and have it be anything less than classic? Song does not disappoint.
Beat is pretty good, nothing great but good for the track, the verses are what matter on this one anyway and everyone just bodies it:

Skatterman's verse is him just straight being hard as fuck:
"Five ten, two thirty five, hell of a left hook
bunnies think the FEDs came n got me when they got west crook
A vet look, pull up stuntin', 'n get ya vet took
Or we can stand e mono e mono, 'n get ya vest whooped"

Bumpy comes in tryin a little different flow but it works as well
5/5

9. Hunterish (ft. Krizz Kaliko and Irv Da Phenom)
OK so, heres the first track that i wasnt feeling as much as the others...beat is pretty good not great though sounds like somethin Clipse would spit over on Lord Willin but not as good, not bad overall
3.5/5

10. The Pick Up

11. In the Trunk
LMAO at the lyrics on this...pretty entertaining to say the least, beat doesnt do much for me though...decent track
3/5

12. Pinnochio
This is a short little track about Tech's problems with commitment and inability to control himself from getting with women constantly. Personal, yet humorous track due to the way he spits it.
4/5

13. Horns (ft. Prozak & King Gordy
Detroit's in the house on this track. Chill beat with a nice violin throughout. Very dark track basically the 3 of them spittin on how dark they are...track might not be for everyone though, i like it
4/5

14. Interview with Jason Whitlock

15. It Was an Accident (ft. Alan Wayne)
Real slow, dark beat, Tech's spittin in a lower voice here kinda how he spits on "Breathe" . Song is pretty dope with Tech and Alan Wayne reminiscing about gettin with crazy bitches
4/5

16. Shadows on the Road
Real personal track right here. Slow beat with a singer on the hook settin the tone nice. Tech is speakin on his problems with drugs, how he's been clean, yet still haunts him
4/5

17. Low
Arite, this is some good fuckin shit right here, Tech is spittin about his place in the industry, yet he' still doesnt feel right.
"My smile is forced
My style is warped
Morale is corpse
Now that my really good pal is torched
I'm just gone with the wind & I'm hope with the gin
To the dome when I spin
I'm a zone cause the phone must be roamin' again
Another tone I'm alone now don't want me to spin"
Vintage Tech right there
5/5

18. Messages

19. Killing You
eh...this song is OK, nothing you havent heard before though. Tech spittin about how he's fucked up, etc...and the chorus sounds like a KoRn song lol
3/5

20. Leave me Alone
After the misstep Tech gets back on track. Everyones probably heard this song as it was the official single, ive been spinning this for a month now, doesnt get old, Tech's passion for what he does is clear as day on this track, the emotion just oozes out....good, catchy chorus as well
5/5

21. Prayer (skit)

22. K.O.D. (ft. Mackenzie O'Guin
OK, he may be forcing the whole darkness thing a little much sometimes, but this track is still straight, slower beat witha creepy ass singer on the chorus, ill fuck with this
4/5

23. The Martini (Ft. Krizz Kaliko)
Good ass closing track, he chose well with this one. Tech is spittin each verse about a different person tellin a story of their relationship with women. Very creative track, and i love the way the album ends with Krizz Kaliko's singing just riding out
5/5

Overall
The album is very focused and dark. Tech proclaims himself "King of Darkness" which is creative and works for the most part but on a few songs ma seem forced. I think maybe 3 tracks could have been cut from this and it would have been absolutely incredible. That said, it is a Superior album through and through with Tech tackling his problems and demons with the usual flow changes we've come to expect from him. Easily one of the best albums of the year, and the "highs" of this album are Very high lol.

Overall Score: 4.5/5 - Superior
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

Tech N9ne-KOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne-KOD   Tech N9ne-KOD Icon_minitimeThu 19 Nov 2009, 9:41 pm

I still can't get in to this album.....
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Tech N9ne-KOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne-KOD   Tech N9ne-KOD Icon_minitimeThu 24 Dec 2009, 7:26 pm

I'm thinking about buying this Sunday. I'm wayyyyyyy late in checking out Tech 9 and just picked up "Anghellic" and i'm really digging it. Well, i'm not feelin the baby killing song, that's just wrong, lol.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Tech N9ne-KOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne-KOD   Tech N9ne-KOD Icon_minitimeFri 25 Dec 2009, 1:57 am

Real Killer was pimp
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

Tech N9ne-KOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne-KOD   Tech N9ne-KOD Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2009, 9:54 am

I'm feeling this album, may be the best I heard from him so far. 4.25 or so.
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne-KOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne-KOD   Tech N9ne-KOD Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2009, 12:25 pm

Damn, that's high praise from Kev, I'm glad you checked this out.

Kev, you heard that GLC/Cold Hard song yet? "In A Gangster's Nature"? Shit is dope (slow flow) Chi town shit. Think you'd dig it.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Tech N9ne-KOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne-KOD   Tech N9ne-KOD Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2009, 5:20 pm

Major props Kev.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

Tech N9ne-KOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne-KOD   Tech N9ne-KOD Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2009, 7:07 pm

N3R0 wrote:
Damn, that's high praise from Kev, I'm glad you checked this out.

Kev, you heard that GLC/Cold Hard song yet? "In A Gangster's Nature"? Shit is dope (slow flow) Chi town shit. Think you'd dig it.

LOL...but naw I haven't heard that trk.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Tech N9ne-KOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne-KOD   Tech N9ne-KOD Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2009, 8:40 pm

I just got it and i am digging it too. Not ready to rate it yet. Lot of good tracks but 17 is my fav.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tech N9ne-KOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne-KOD   Tech N9ne-KOD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne-KOD
Page 1 of 1